Ceiling fan repair

KittenKong

I have three ceiling fans like this:

http://www.ceifan.com/product/c04/

C04-340x340.jpg

Since I moved into the condo several years ago two of them have been working perfectly 24/7 but one never worked. I thought it was about time I did something about it. I have enough electrical knowledge to fix it myself if necessary though I'm as happy to just take it down, remove the blades and drop the body into a shop.

There seem to be various small parts that could be faulty (apart from the motor) and they are available on the manufacturer's website (on/off/speed switch, direction switch etc). But they are in Bangkok so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a competent fan repair shop here, or somewhere that might sell these small parts?

Cant help you with sourcing parts or someone to fix them but this might be of interest.

We have eleven fourteen of those Sunllght fans, two went down after a couple of years use, took them to the shop in town where we bought them and he sent them back to Bangkok where they were fixed for a small charge, when the next two went down, took them to him again he again sent them back to Bangkok where they stayed to this day never to see the light of day again.

I think there is a capacitor in them which goes down but can easily be replaced but since that episode with the non returning fans I have simply bought new ones from the electrical shop opposite the petrol station in Theppasit, they are something like 1700 baht from him.

The fans he has are not Sunlight but an exact copy and work well, they are easy to fit on the old holes and seem to come ready balanced

Maybe he has parts and could even fix them for you don't know have never asked him that.

^^ Sounds a good place to start. Thanks.

I know that the manufacturer will fix any fault for 500B plus the cost of parts but sending things off to Bangkok is not ideal as you say.

I think that it's only the direction switch that has failed on mine so I will dismantle it and take it along to that shop.

My ceiling fans, okay not exact same model as OP's have been running for over 5 years without anything done to them but okay they don't run 24/7.

I think when they starting giving problems we will just change them as the bearings must be pretty worn by that time.

The fans are an item I rather not live without here in Thailand and we don't have A/C fitted in the living room in the house but only the 2 ceiling fans + a floor fan for extra hot days.

We had a scheduled power cut lasting the whole day last week and I was sitting out on the patio until power was restored as it was unbearable inside.

Archived