Cost Of A Plot Of Land

eddie eagle

Thinking of building a house in the village, which is about 14 km outside of Nongbualumphu. The family don't own the land but there is a piece of land in the village its about 90 square wah and supposedly for sale. Its slap bang in the centre of the village about 300 m back from the main road in a built up area and bounded on two sides by the the "internal village track roads" also got electric alongside. Ok now the question, what should it cost to buy? Any input or advice would be appreciated.

It has been my experience that the price of land in Thai villages has nothing to do with its value, but usually relates to the immediate needs of the seller and/or the capicity of the buyer to pay. Also , the well worn Thai principal of "Farangs pay Double" applies. Recently,I was offered an 1/2 rai in our village for 50000bht[pang muuk].I declined, and a few days later my mother in law purchased it for 20000......and gave it to my wife to build a village supermarket on. The moral is ,"Softly softly...slowly slowly....there is heaps of land available... it is always a buyers market."

Thinking of building a house in the village, which is about 14 km outside of Nongbualumphu. The family don't own the land but there is a piece of land in the village its about 90 square wah and supposedly for sale. Its slap bang in the centre of the village about 300 m back from the main road in a built up area and bounded on two sides by the the "internal village track roads" also got electric alongside. Ok now the question, what should it cost to buy? Any input or advice would be appreciated.

90 talang wah is less than 1/4 rai. Not a large area if you want a sizeable garden or parking area. Is the land paddy or already filled? If it's paddy that requires filling I would not pay more than Bht 20,000/rai, i.e. Bht 5,000 for 90 talang wah. However, if it is filled and 'ready to go', maybe you should be looking at Bht 25,000 - 30,000 for 90 talang wah.