80 lbs weight loss never hungry

muffy

I need knee surgery and was told to lose weight . 80 lbs later I am ready . How ?

Yan Hee hospital weight loss program . You have to stick to it , if you can't stop alcohol , don't waste your time . On the diet you are not hungry and eat healthy to survive .

This diet is fantastic and 700 baht a month .biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngclap2.gifclap2.gif

Alcohol is not the biggest problem.......It isn't helpful.....but can be managed if the other things are OK.

I doubt the "not hungry" but I can't see much relevance in it.....If you are hungry or not doesn't matter much if you really want to loose weight.

You did 80 lbs? If yes than clap2.gif Well done!!! Carefully that you don't gain it again. I think that is sometimes harder than to loose it.

Sounds like he was given medication on top of a so called diet. If so, what was the medication. 80 pounds in that time is indeed very impressive but I'm assuming he probably started from VERY VERY LARGE. Correct? I can see the need for speed in a case like that to prepare for surgery but in general for most people it's about changing your relationship to food for LIFE in a sustainable way that can be done for life. The opposite of crash diets.

Rebounding from weight loss happens much more often than not. Moralists on this forum blame the morality of the people it happens to, rather than facing the scientific facts that weight control is a VERY COMPLEX thing with many factors in play.

With CRASH DIETS (large weight loss in a short time), statistically the chances of regaining the weight (and usually more) is actually higher.

In general CRASH DIETS are not recommendable.

The only actually reasonably effective therapy (with reasonably good LONG TERM results) that hospitals offer these days is bariatric surgery.

I'm sure in future there will be better medical therapies, but crash diets plus pills are not it.

Edited by Jingthing

Sounds like he was given medication on top of a so called diet. If so, what was the medication. 80 pounds in that time is indeed very impressive but I'm assuming he probably started from VERY VERY LARGE. Correct? I can see the need for speed in a case like that to prepare for surgery but in general for most people it's about changing your relationship to food for LIFE in a sustainable way that can be done for life. The opposite of crash diets.

Rebounding from weight loss happens much more often than not. Moralists on this forum blame the morality of the people it happens to, rather than facing the scientific facts that weight control is a VERY COMPLEX thing with many factors in play.

With CRASH DIETS (large weight loss in a short time), statistically the chances of regaining the weight (and usually more) is actually higher.

The only actually reasonably effective therapy (with reasonably good LONG TERM results) that hospitals offer these days is bariatric surgery.

I'm sure in future there will be better medical therapies, but crash diets plus pills are not it.

Yes 4 pills in the afternoon 3 at night . I tried two months then went back for 3 months . No visits in between . Trust me NOT hungry .

I eat little but not hungry. Look up on Yan hee website . I will change my lifestyle when finished and they have a maintenance program.

I feel like 16 now . GLAD I AM ON THE PROGRAM !!!! Best diet I have ever been on . Pick it apart all you want .

I think it's OK for what you're doing ... to go for the needed surgery.

But I can assure you, you will not be on that crash program with questionably "safe" pills (likely amphetamines) for the rest of your life.

So you have not learned anything about changing your relationship with food after you quit the crash diet.

I would probably do the same thing in your situation ... but it is very risky business.

Losing weight is not really "easy" but it is RELATIVELY easy compared to the task of keeping off the weight you lost for the LONG TERM.

I am not knocking you. I am warning you. Get the surgery and then take a deep hard look at how you can eat for life to avoid gaining back that weight. The odds are against you which is why if you're not SUPER AWARE of these issues, the odds are even worse.

It is not only will power. Will power is part of it but for many people the bigger issue is that your BODY will be fighting your efforts.

Edited by Jingthing

That is 0.7 kg per week....by no means a crash diet.

Yes 4 pills in the afternoon 3 at night . I tried two months then went back for 3 months . No visits in between . Trust me NOT hungry .

I eat little but not hungry. Look up on Yan hee website . I will change my lifestyle when finished and they have a maintenance program.

I feel like 16 now . GLAD I AM ON THE PROGRAM !!!! Best diet I have ever been on . Pick it apart all you want .

I don't know your old and new weight, but be very careful to not gain again. Better target to loose a few kg more. It is easy to think it is done and fall back into old habits.

You can also try weight training with your knees. I lost about the same weight as you, my knees hurt, I do some rather hard weight training and I know my knees are damaged and they don't hurt anymore.

Congratulations , calorie restriction is one of the best ways to get optimal health . This is why fruits and vegetables are so good as you get nutrients big time yet can almost eat as much as you want as these foods have such fewer calories than proceeded foods .

Yes 4 pills in the afternoon 3 at night .

Out of curiosity, what medicines were they? I'm guessing some sort of appetite suppressant and possibly an amphetamine to raise the metabolism.

Maybe those medicines contain sibutramine?

Is it a purely herbal medicine?

I have been taking Reduce for 1 month now which is in fact sibutramine hydrochloride, produced in India, available in Thailand for about 1,000 Baht per 100 capsules. Just one capsule a day and the loss of appetite is noticable.

Edited by Tudobor

Out of curiosity, what medicines were they? I'm guessing some sort of appetite suppressant and possibly an amphetamine to raise the metabolism.

I have been taking Reduce for 1 nonth now which is in fact sibutramine hydrochloride, produced in India, available in Thailand for about 1,000 Baht per 100 capsules. Just one capsule aday and the loss of appetite is noticable.

Yes sibutramine works.. I know i tried it.. but affected my sleep so i stopped. But it worked and it has other health risks in certain people.

I have been taking Reduce for 1 month now which is in fact sibutramine hydrochloride, produced in India, available in Thailand for about 1,000 Baht per 100 capsules. Just one capsule a day and the loss of appetite is noticable.

Sibutramine should not be available in Thailand. The Thai FDA requested its withdrawal back in 2010. It's simply too dangerous.

Sibutramine should not be available in Thailand. The Thai FDA requested its withdrawal back in 2010. It's simply too dangerous.

Well Thailand.....there is a lot available that should not.

I know about the following possible counterindications of sibutramine:

• Some heart diseases
  • Hypertension
  • Mental diseases
  • Glaucoma
  • Drug and alcohol addiction
  • Some other diseases

You may want to update this list.

To quote from Wikipedia:

Until 2010 [sibutramine] was marketed and prescribed as an adjunct in the treatment of exogenous obesity along with diet and exercise. It has been associated with increased cardiovascular events and strokes and has been withdrawn from the market in several countries and regions including Australia, Canada, China, the European Union (EU), Hong Kong, India, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

That would suggest that the risks associated with the drug aren't worth it.

See here: Googled yanhee hospital weight loss pills

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Yan+Hee+hospital&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=kNlsVt3LMcizuASAyIzoCA#q=yanhee+hospital+weight+loss+pills

Many citing the dangers

To quote from Wikipedia:

Until 2010 [sibutramine] was marketed and prescribed as an adjunct in the treatment of exogenous obesity along with diet and exercise. It has been associated with increased cardiovascular events and strokes and has been withdrawn from the market in several countries and regions including Australia, Canada, China, the European Union (EU), Hong Kong, India, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Kinda depends if under medical supervision or if your not in the risk group you can use it. Thing is they withdrew it because a certain group of people had problems with it not everyone. Just like that side effects from other drugs don't always hit everyone. If your already at risk for stokes and heart problems then its a real dangerous drug. If you just need to loose weight and are otherwise healthy then the risk is lower. They have withdrawn many effective drugs because of effects of over use by groups (you know the kind that thinks more is better)

That's a 7000 calorie deficit, per week, every week, assuming a loss of only fat (1kg fat = 9000 calories). It's quite a lot. It would take me 3 weeks to get that kind of deficit using my gym equipment.

That's a 7000 calorie deficit, per week, every week, assuming a loss of only fat (1kg fat = 9000 calories). It's quite a lot. It would take me 3 weeks to get that kind of deficit using my gym equipment.

1 kg fat was always 7000 kcal...now rechecking some sources tell 7700. But not 9000. No not easy with gym equipment, you must reduce your food intake.

Eat 1500 kcal as not very overweight man per day and you roughly loose 1 kg per week. If you can loose much more per week.

With gym equipment you can't burn huge amount of energy. With the bicycle you can, but he has a knee problem so he can't.

Even when I went down from 70 kg to 63 I could maintain a 0.5-0.7 kg/week, even the last few kgs are something complete different than the first few.

To quote from Wikipedia:

Kinda depends if under medical supervision or if your not in the risk group you can use it. Thing is they withdrew it because a certain group of people had problems with it not everyone. Just like that side effects from other drugs don't always hit everyone. If your already at risk for stokes and heart problems then its a real dangerous drug. If you just need to loose weight and are otherwise healthy then the risk is lower. They have withdrawn many effective drugs because of effects of over use by groups (you know the kind that thinks more is better)

NO You are wrong, Absolutely wrong, It does not "kinda depend". It is a demonstrated fact that the product was unsafe in the manner used. The benefits were minimal and the risks were significantly greater than any benefits accrued. In plain language, the weight loss came with the likelihood of serious irreversible heart damage.

The New Zealand regulator provides a simple explanation for you. Read it.

Revised: 11 October 2010 Withdrawal of Sibutramine (Reductil) in New Zealand

A ministerial advisory committee has recommended that the consent to distribute the weight-loss drug sibutramine in New Zealand is revoked after its own review confirmed the risks outweigh the benefits of using the prescription medicine. The Medicines Adverse Reactions Committee (MARC), a ministerial advisory committee which makes recommendations on appropriate action to be taken on medicine safety issues, concluded at its meeting this morning that the balance of risks and benefits of taking sibutramine was unfavourable.“After an extensive review by MARC and Medsafe, we have concluded that the risks of using sibutramine outweigh any benefit from the very modest weight loss observed when using the medicine,” Medsafe’s Principal Clinical Advisor Dr Enver Yousuf said. “Healthcare professionals are advised not to issue any new prescriptions for sibutramine. Consumers taking sibutramine should see their doctor if they have any concerns and to seek advice on alternative methods of weight loss,” he added. Phamaceutical company Abbott has been informed of MARC’s recommendation and has decided to voluntarily withdraw sibutramine effective from today. Sibutramine, which is sold under the brand name Reductil in New Zealand, had also been recently withdrawn from sale in Australia, Canada and the United States. Medsafe and MARC have been reviewing the benefits the risks and benefits of sibutramine after preliminary results of a major study of 10,000 patients found that sibutramine raises the risk of heart attacks and strokes.Sale of sibutramine was suspended earlier this year by the European Medicines Agency.Even before the preliminary results of the SCOUT (Sibutramine Cardiovascular OUTcomes) study were released, the New Zealand data sheet for sibutramine already contained precautionary information advising healthcare professionals against the use of sibutramine in patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, tachycardia, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, arrhythmia, or stroke.

Something is wrong with a drug when even China removes the drug.

Your quoting it yourself.. dont use the drug if you have coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, tachycardia, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, arrhythmia, or stroke.

So what about healthy people who use it ? As I said certain risk groups should not take it at all its not unsafe for everyone.

So what about healthy people who use it ? As I said certain risk groups should not take it at all its not unsafe for everyone.

There are a couple of issues with that:

(1) People may have undiagnosed conditions, take the drug and then die.

(2) If it were simply those risk groups that were at risk, the manufacturer could have chosen simply to issue instruction for the drug not to be used in those risk groups. This is a frequent occurrence. However, this is clearly not the case, given the multiple countries banning its use, and the manufacturer's withdrawing it.

There are a couple of issues with that:

(1) People may have undiagnosed conditions, take the drug and then die.

(2) If it were simply those risk groups that were at risk, the manufacturer could have chosen simply to issue instruction for the drug not to be used in those risk groups. This is a frequent occurrence. However, this is clearly not the case, given the multiple countries banning its use, and the manufacturer's withdrawing it.

True your first point is the reason why it was pulled. Because it was OTC. Anyway there are others that were pulled too that were useful but dangerous (to certain groups). I feel its often overkill but that is my personal opinion. I would never advise anyone to take it. I have tried sibutramine and it messed with my sleep so i stopped. While i was on it i monitored my heartrate and blood pressure (often check that normally too) and no difference for me. People respond different to different drugs that is why drugs are pulled.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC111085/

depending on how many people too it I find the amount of problems not that high you have to imagine that some of the people taking it were of course grossly overweight with probably other health issues. So its not so strange that there were problems.

Edited by robblok

Your quoting it yourself.. dont use the drug if you have coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, tachycardia, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, arrhythmia, or stroke.

Rob: you oversee one point: The usual user of a pill to reduce fat isn't a young strong healthy guy who has 5 kg too much.

It is usually someone who has at least 50 kg too much and never did any sport and has a terrible diet, so the chances that he has several health, mostly heart issues already is very high. At the same time these are the people who are desperate and my eat the double, triple dose to get more effect.

And in a nanny state we aren't allowed to decide that ourself and protect the weak.

Rob: you oversee one point: The usual user of a pill to reduce fat isn't a young strong healthy guy who has 5 kg too much.

It is usually someone who has at least 50 kg too much and never did any sport and has a terrible diet, so the chances that he has several health, mostly heart issues already is very high. At the same time these are the people who are desperate and my eat the double, triple dose to get more effect.

And in a nanny state we aren't allowed to decide that ourself and protect the weak.

Actually that is part of my point if you take a group who is already at risk then its "normal" for some to have problems. So its unsafe for them to use. However it does not count for everyone. But I know its a flaw in my reasoning because the group at risk is the group that needs it the most.

Anyway I tried it.. worked for me but i stopped because of the sleep problems (for me my nights rest is the most important of all)