Hundreds more face arrest over Facebook posts on park scandal

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee I am glad I decided to retire in the Philippines. Thailand is getting more like Stalinist Russia. What country has the ARMY investigating corruption charges against anyone let alone politicians and members of the public. What do you expect from a country that states officially it does not have prostitutes.

What can you do....? coffee1.gif

Hey, that's the spirit! Just roll over and give-up.

Right, isn't that how progress everywhere has always been achieved?

What on earth are you talking about ?.

Did the people 'roll over' and let the government pass the amnesty disgrace ?. No - they took to the streets in the face of terrorist attacks and forced change.

Oh - you mean those same terrorists don't like these new rules ?. Well hard luck. You made your bed now lie in it.

Don't worry : you will certainly get your elections back so you can vote for the local red-shirt who will share a tiny bit of his corruption with you. But maybe things will be a little more strict than before so he won;t be able to 'donate' quite so much.

Is that what you are afraid of ?.

Anyone clicking 'like' to doctored pictures of HM and joining in with the anti Junta face book propaganda at this time must so stupid, I'm surprised they made it this far in life. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest though.

This, from someone who had the privilege of being brought up under the shield of democracy is an absolute disgrace.

Edited by jesimps

What is really offsetting really is the hypocrisy. They say to the UN:
"We are committed to human rights which are inviolable, inalienable, and universal. Our human rights policy is guided by the principles of reaching out, hearing out and respecting the views of all." But on the home-front they do not commit to human rights and they do not respect the views of all.

At the same time: "Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya, meanwhile, has told Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha that the corruption allegations over the construction of the Rajabhakti Park have grounds".

People are then being charged for pointing out actual irregularities? How can you defend that fact?

In European newspapers is written: Click "LIKE" is prison in Thailand.

See link Dutch newspaper: http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/24860624/__Klik_op__like___direct_de_cel_in__.html

Just another loss of face !!!

BTW: I saw the PM's speech in Paris a week ago. He was the only one that had a speech not in French or English but in Thai. As there were NO Thai translators everyone moved out to get some lunch. There were about 10 people left over. I thought that I saw 5 of them sleeping because of their jet-lag. The other one's were talking and/or making jokes. It would have been a complete embarrassment if it was me standing there talking to world leaders that just left the building..

Edited by FredNL

You have to hand it to Wissanu. With all the skill of an arachnid, his spin on whether it was solicitation or donation has clarified the situation nicely, so everyone should now be happy.

The only question though, how will he explain the solicitation of a donation.

Yes very appropriate, although I don't know about "first attempting to deceive", they have been at it for decades!

Hello!!!

Someone gets arrested over a facebook message???

Facebook messages are according to European Law. Whenever you sign up with FB, you agree with European Law, not American, not Thai.

Facebook servers are located in Ireland, what is EU !!!

This is also the reason that China, North Korea and Iran has banned Facebook.

I think mentioning these arrests to the EU or UN and make an official complaint there will have its effect on Thailand.

Has Thailand signed the UN Human Rights Treaty or NOT?

Did the people 'roll over' and let the government pass the amnesty disgrace ?. No - they took to the streets in the face of terrorist attacks and forced change.

Oh - you mean those same terrorists don't like these new rules ?. Well hard luck. You made your bed now lie in it.

Don't worry : you will certainly get your elections back so you can vote for the local red-shirt who will share a tiny bit of his corruption with you. But maybe things will be a little more strict than before so he won;t be able to 'donate' quite so much.

Anyone clicking 'like' to doctored pictures of HM and joining in with the anti Junta face book propaganda at this time must so stupid, I'm surprised they made it this far in life. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest though.

Just like an old fashioned toy...wind him up, and off he goes. Ahh, bless.

Do you recall that TV advert featuring the Duracell Bunny - goes on and on doing the same thing when everyone else has run out of steam.......

This, from someone who had the privilege of being brought up under the shield of democracy is an absolute disgrace.

We make assumptions from the user name - no guarantee of ethnicity!

Someone better tell Mark Zuckerberg not to return to Thailand anytime soon seeing how he is providing a platform for all these people who apparently trouble the government so much... slam dunk computer crimes, LM etc... and no diplomatic immunity for Mark.

Someone better tell Mark Zuckerberg not to return to Thailand anytime soon seeing how he is providing a platform for all these people who apparently trouble the government so much... slam dunk computer crimes, LM etc... and no diplomatic immunity for Mark.

Banning Facebook is something I bet they are considering. I hope they go through with it too because that will bring out the factory workers to the selfie loving high sos out on the streets in unison.

It seems a silly notion but I'd bet the farm on a very bad reaction if they tried.

Edited by mrrizzla

So the government is far more interested in prosecuting Thai citizens who dare to speak out than actually investigating the alleged corruption at the Park.

Mr. P and his junta are failing the people of Thailand right and left. Is there any promise they have made that they haven't kept.

Edited by oneday

Hello!!!

Someone gets arrested over a facebook message???

Facebook messages are according to European Law. Whenever you sign up with FB, you agree with European Law, not American, not Thai.

Facebook servers are located in Ireland, what is EU !!!

This is also the reason that China, North Korea and Iran has banned Facebook.

I think mentioning these arrests to the EU or UN and make an official complaint there will have its effect on Thailand.

Has Thailand signed the UN Human Rights Treaty or NOT?

https://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/research/ratification-thailand.html There is no single Human rights treaty but many treaties and conventions, some signed and ratified by Thailand, some not. (see link)

I doubt very much that signing up to Facebook and agreeing their conditions of service absolves you from actions you might take in Thailand which contravene Thai Law. The thing about the deliberately vague and non-specific articles 112, 116 and 44 is that put together they can be used to suppress any public dissent,

You can even use the threat if you don't get the right t-shirt!

As I see it, the only weapon is to mass offend and see whether the authorities can cope with arresting, holding and processing actions against tens of thousands of people. You would have to be brave, principled or have nothing to lose to participate in that kind of action as a Thai.

anyone else think "ENGLISHJOHN" is a plant, i think so, just look at the name, it says it all, lol !!

By Plant, do you mean like a cabbage or a triffid? It would be surprising if there were not some agents provocateurs amongst the worthies posting on TVF. The alternative is too awful to contemplate, that he is actually English and believes in what he is writing!!!!

Let the Witch hunt begin...Ultra-Nationalists out in force today & ICT ministry with their Stalinist little LOVING

"See something ...Say something" monarchist are in full force at the moment in the "Land of Frowns"

"Urgent, please share and tell those who are listed as members of this group to flee because military officials will press lese majeste charges on everyone. This page is a trap created by officials.''

Interesting. In the Nation report, the Facebook group under scrutiny is described as the National Red Shirts Institute, whereas the linked Prachatai story refers to a National Red Shirts Association.

One wonders - is this just a mistake on the part of one of the journalists or editors involved, or are there in fact two sites, one of which was created as the alleged

"trap" site.

Whatever the explanation, it is clear that the administration is becoming increasingly sensitive to criticism and more extreme in its responses. Something is going to have to give.

In European newspapers is written: Click "LIKE" is prison in Thailand.

See link Dutch newspaper: http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/24860624/__Klik_op__like___direct_de_cel_in__.html

Just another loss of face !!!

BTW: I saw the PM's speech in Paris a week ago. He was the only one that had a speech not in French or English but in Thai. As there were NO Thai translators everyone moved out to get some lunch. There were about 10 people left over. I thought that I saw 5 of them sleeping because of their jet-lag. The other one's were talking and/or making jokes. It would have been a complete embarrassment if it was me standing there talking to world leaders that just left the building..

would you post a link to a video oreven photograph? i have tried to find, no results

Actually, the amnesty disgrace didn't make it past the senate. Of course the current amnesty disgrace is much worse, as it handles future transgressions and benefits precious little people. Talking about making your bed hey ?

Anyone clicking like does not need to be arrested of course. Quite surprised that an "English" bloke even seems to think they do.

Pretty sure Mark could bribe his way of most anything.

His net worth is about 30% of Thailand's foreign reserves.

Reminds me of Stalin.

You rule by fear mongering. By arresting "100's" more in connection with this fiasco and ringing in the dreaded LM law you create fear in the rest of the populous. You ruin peoples lives to prove your point. I get a well known Asian edition of a national US newspaper and they have had numerous articles censored by the printer here over the last couple months. They have just announced that they are cancelling their Asian edition because of "skyrocketing" printing prices. Really again a casualty of fear.

The sad downside to this,is the fact that almost all who clicked like did so in opposition to the current leadership not even contemplating the ramifications. Ask them directly if they like or dislike the King without reprisal from the government, army and police and your answer by the vast majority if not all would be like.

"Urgent, please share and tell those who are listed as members of this group to flee because military officials will press lese majeste charges on everyone. This page is a trap created by officials.'' Yep, very possible indeed that the officials being from the current Government set this up, just add it to the list of all their fictitious claims to downplay the park issue.

Mr. General/PM this one isn't going away.