TM.30 After Hotel Stay

My wife went to Ubon Ratchathani immigration the other day to report some foreign relatives that are staying with us for a few days. (The TM.30). They told her that if I, her husband, travel to stay in a hotel somewhere that she has to do a TM.30 for me when I return back home. Is that correct?

I read that she can do this online but I can't find the website for doing it. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

Technically yes. Because the immigration record only shows arrivals at addresses and not departures. It is possible that the immigration record will be updated with the Hotels address and only changed again when a new TM30 is submitted.

She can't do it online. Thats only for registered businesses (hotels etc.) It can be done by post.

As far as I know they do not enforce the reporting after staying in a hotel.at Ubon immigration.

I have never been asked for one. Stayed in hotels twice before dong my extension this year. Stayed in a hotel last month and did my 90 day report this week by mail and have already got the receipt for it.

If they were to ever start requiring that foreigners complete a TM30 after staying in an hotel, that will create a lot of problems for us.

I travel and stay in hotels on average twice a month. Having to report to immigration after each hotel stay would be a major pain in the rear, not to mention completely stupid. I own my condo and THAT is my permanent address while in Thailand.

If they were to ever start requiring that foreigners complete a TM30 after staying in an hotel, that will create a lot of problems for us.

I travel and stay in hotels on average twice a month. Having to report to immigration after each hotel stay would be a major pain in the rear, not to mention completely stupid. I own my condo and THAT is my permanent address while in Thailand.

Completely agree and I never resubmit the TM30 after saying away either. But immigration could fine someone if it isn't done. The TM30 reporting isn't about your permanent address but the address you are currently staying at.

Completely agree and I never resubmit the TM30 after saying away either. But immigration could fine someone if it isn't done. The TM30 reporting isn't about your permanent address but the address you are currently staying at.

My wife was fined 800 Baht in CR for not reporting me. We travel about once a week and now go into their over every single time. Done it at least 10 times now. It is a pain in the ass but what can we do?

I asked Chonburi Immigration (Jomptien) about the need to resubmit a TM30 after being away from my permanent address for a while. I was told that it is only necessary to do this if I leave Thailand and then return. If I'm simply staying in a hotel somewhere and then returning to my permanent address it isn't necessary as I do the 90-day reports anyway.

So, the hotel will report my presence - or at least they are supposed to - so presumably this info. goes into the system. Now, maybe they also report the duration of stay so that the system 'knows' when I shall be back home. I'm not sure that any of this is particularly logical as TiT and, of course, different offices may well have different rules.

Do you think that anyone actually does anything with all the forms anyway? Chonburi have great stacks of paper, bundled up and piled in a corner - whether going for disposal or to some archive is anyone's guess!

DM

If I leave Thailand for 3 days can I file a TM30 on arrival at airport Immi?

I'll still have the slip for my permanent address in the front of my passport.

No. It needs to be sent/given to the office that covers the area of the address you're staying at.

If I leave Thailand for 3 days can I file a TM30 on arrival at airport Immi?

I'll still have the slip for my permanent address in the front of my passport.

No. It needs to be sent/given to the office that covers the area of the address you're staying at.

Just an illustration of the idiocy of some Immi procedures.

It's Phuket airport, on Phuket Island - surely all Immi officers are part of Phuket Immigration.

As far as I know they do not enforce the reporting after staying in a hotel.at Ubon immigration.

I have never been asked for one. Stayed in hotels twice before dong my extension this year. Stayed in a hotel last month and did my 90 day report this week by mail and have already got the receipt for it.

On the immigration website I found a form which said Form for Aliens to Notify Their Change of Address or Their Stay in the Province over 24 Hours (TM.28).

Isn't that the one you use to report a change of location whereas theTM.30 is only used for your very first arrival somewhere?

Edited by Asiantravel

On the immigration website I found a form which said Form for Aliens to Notify Their Change of Address or Their Stay in the Province over 24 Hours (TM.28).

Isn't that the one you use to report a change of location whereas theTM.30 is only used for your very first arrival somewhere?

The TM28 is normally only used to make a formal change of address.

They do not enforce the part about staying in another province for more than 24 hours.

Hotels and etc are required to file a TM30 or do the reporting online when somebody checks in. Home owners and etc should only need to do the TM30 when somebody moves in.

The TM28 is normally only used to make a formal change of address.

They do not enforce the part about staying in another province for more than 24 hours.

Hotels and etc are required to file a TM30 or do the reporting online when somebody checks in. Home owners and etc should only need to do the TM30 when somebody moves in.

when they ask for your telephone number on the Visa application form I often wonder if that is for GPS tracking purposes? It would save them an awful lot of paperwork

when they ask for your telephone number on the Visa application form I often wonder if that is for GPS tracking purposes? It would save them an awful lot of paperwork

Not really, at least not for me, as I have GPS turned OFF on all my phones. I have no desire to have google, or anyone else, tracking my location. Besides, it saves on battery consumption.

My wife was fined 800 Baht in CR for not reporting me. We travel about once a week and now go into their over every single time. Done it at least 10 times now. It is a pain in the ass but what can we do?

Do they tell you a TM30 is enough, or do you also have to file a TM28?

The website is: extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online.

Instructions (in Thai) were given to me during a visit to Chonburi Immigration to register a guest.

I was able to register and use the system on line.

That's good to know.

The website is: extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online.

Instructions (in Thai) were given to me during a visit to Chonburi Immigration to register a guest.

I was able to register and use the system on line.

Well that's ironic. The url above with "24online" in it just keeps timing out for me at the moment...