1 year visa based on marriage

I am in Thailand and have a tourist visa,I would like to change this for a 1 year visa based on marriage.

Can someone please let me know what the procedure is.

I think I need an O visa is that correct?

Where is the best place to get one?

What papers do I need to show there?

Also I need to have 400,000 baht in a bank account right?,does it need to have been there for 6 months?,nowadays it's very difficult to get a visa to stay in Thailand for that long.

Sorry for all the amateur questions,the laws are changing all the time so I need double check everything,your help would be much appreciated,

regards Chumpy

One method is to get a Non Imm O Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consul in Laos.

To apply for a 12 month extension in Thailand you need a Non Imm O VISA

Plus 400,000 in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40,000 baht monthly income

Edited by Eclipse

You can get a 1 year multiple entry visa from outside Thailand at a embassy/consulate. That visa requires you to exit every 90 days. But it sounds like you want a 1 year extension of stay. There are two ways of doing it, but first you need a single entry non 'O' visa.

1. You can get the visa from a embassy/consulate with no proof of income required, the original marriage certificate and copy,
    copies of you wife's ID and house book (Tabien Baan). You are granted a 90 day permit to stay on entry. Within the last 30 days of that stay you can apply for a 1 year extension based on being married. You would need to have had a minimum of 400k in your Thai bank for at least 2 months or show a certified income of at least 45k baht pm.
  2. It is possible to convert your tourist visa if you have at least 15 days remaining of your stay and can show the 400k in your bank (on the day you apply) or 45 k income, and the marriage certificate etc. It requires two trips to Bangkok unless your local office will process the application (only some can). On conversion they will issue a non 'O' visa and give you a 90 stay. Then in the last 30 days you apply for the 1 year extension under the same terms as (1.)
Edited by elviajero

You can get a 1 year multiple entry visa from outside Thailand at a embassy/consulate. That visa requires you to exit every 90 days. But it sounds like you want a 1 year extension of stay. There are two ways of doing it, but first you need a single entry non 'O' visa.

1. You can get the visa from a embassy/consulate with no proof of income required, the original marriage certificate and copy,

copies of you wife's ID and house book (Tabien Baan). You are granted a 90 day permit to stay on entry. Within the last 30 days of that stay you can apply for a 1 year extension based on being married. You would need to have had a minimum of 400k in your Thai bank for at least 2 months or show a certified income of at least 45k baht pm.

2. It is possible to convert your tourist visa if you have at least 15 days remaining of your stay and can show the 400k in your bank (on the day you apply) or 45 k income, and the marriage certificate etc. It requires two trips to Bangkok unless your local office will process the application (only some can). On conversion they will issue a non 'O' visa and give you a 90 stay. Then in the last 30 days you apply for the 1 year extension under the same terms as (1.)

Thank you very much,it is much appreciated.

2. It is possible to convert your tourist visa if you have at least 15 days remaining of your stay and can show the 400k in your bank (on the day you apply) or 45 k income, and the marriage certificate etc. It requires two trips to Bangkok unless your local office will process the application (only some can). On conversion they will issue a non 'O' visa and give you a 90 stay. Then in the last 30 days you apply for the 1 year extension under the same terms as (1.

Thank you very much,it is much appreciated.

Your welcome. As pointed out above the 45k pm income should have said 40k.