more..."to Chaengwattana Immigration by bus or railway"

BringMeSunshine

this is a reply to locked topic "...to Chaengwattana Immigration by bus or railway - with maps"
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/875781-cheapest-way-under-10-thb-to-chaengwattana-immigration-by-bus-or-railway-with-maps/

--------------------------------------------------
Thanks for this. I made my first trip to CW yesterday and the number 66 took a lot of the work out of it (get your ticks on route 66?).

A couple of observations:

The 66 route has both orange aircons and old red buses running on it. The ratio is about 3 to 1 orange to red. They come about every half hour, so you might be waiting for 2 hours before a red one shows up. The orange ones are 18B. Both red and orange have a sign in English saying "Government Complex" in the front windscreen.

According to a sign on the South exit door of building B, the 166 bus to Victory Monument is also an option.
post-121628-0-83145400-1449844852_thumb.

Here is a map of the shuttle bus stops in the complex. The bus stops are the green circles with the white lines through them.
post-121628-0-24210500-1449844886_thumb.
Note that the map is on its side, North is off to the right. The shuttlebus stop you marked on your picture (the one by the main (public bus-stop) entrance, opposite the Shell garage, bottom right on the map) wasn't in operation in December 2015 - the whole first 200m of that street (Soi 7) was taken over by a "Winter festival" street market. By the time you have walked to the next shuttlebus stop, you are halfway to building B anyway!

This is what the shuttlebus looks like.
post-121628-0-98555500-1449844914_thumb.

For noobs, the Immigration 1 office is in the South East corner of "B Building" (bottom left of the map) on the second floor.

Here's the GPS coordinates

Main (walking/bus) entrance to Govt. Complex 13.889648,100.5694221 LINKY
South Entrance to Building B 13.8777953,100.564401 LINKY

I got the train from Lak Sii back to Hua Lamphong. It cost 4B for third class. They go about every half hour and take a half an hour.

Didn't see any 51s all day.

Prices aside, I enjoy riding the buses to get to places I otherwise wouldn't go, so I look forward to your full project. Thanks again smile.png

Hi, I think you should post this on the immi section.

As I am the one who started the thread that was locked, I have a suggestion to make:

Removing the 1st paragraph and unlock it, would benefit many folks. Exchanging information is always useful.

Regarding the subject:

I didnt know there were orange 66's as I had only noticed the red ones, thanks for the update.

For the SRT ( Royal Thai Railway or State Railway of Thailand ) Train departure times can be found here:

http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

Besides the train, there are many buses stopping in Laksi. Perhaps I should consider posting which lines with maps as well.

We can only assume that bus service no 51 is not operating any more.

Also for the bus no 356, not sure if the map is 100% correct or some minor changes have taken place. If this is the case, I suspect that the bus follows the red route (in front of Don Mueang airport etc) thus making a "shortcut". Any info on this would be highly appreciated!

12341391_976768152396306_776135008335045

Lastly, just a thought of mine:

How about building a team and try to create a useful BKK map for all the folks out there who struggle with buses, some of them on a daily basis;

4 Baht for the train? Far too expensive, I think I'll walk.

I have used this train and agree that the price is quiet expensive. But taking into account the journey from Lak Si to central Bangkok takes just over 2 weeks I think it works out as good value in the long run.

I didnt know there were orange 66's as I had only noticed the red ones, thanks for the update.

You may have overlooked something here. 66 & 166 are totally different routes, perhaps run by the same company, but I suspect no 66 is a red bus.

Bear in mind, there are two 166 routes. You can find adequate information in other Thaivisa threads about 166 lines as I only posted info regarding visiting the immigration offices cheaply (10-14 baht the most) however here are two maps showing the two different routes. You can see that on both directions, no 166 goes thru the expressway (between the stars on the maps) which makes this bus a quick solution on the way to immi hence it's more expensive.

1st route (to immi):

12366276_976902792382842_183622953009972

2nd route:

12373165_976903385716116_993923124232105

You may have overlooked something here. 66 & 166 are totally different routes, perhaps run by the same company, but I suspect no 66 is a red bus.

Hi. As I say, route 66 is both orange and red in a ratio 3:1. I sat at a bus stop and watched them go by.

No idea about 166.

HTH

ps Good idea about a team. I don't live here so can't help that much, but will do what I can. Do you have a central site/app/thread to focus everything ?

Hi. As I say, route 66 is both orange and red in a ratio 3:1. I sat at a bus stop and watched them go by.

No idea about 166.

HTH

ps Good idea about a team. I don't live here so can't help that much, but will do what I can. Do you have a central site/app/thread to focus everything ?

• 3 months later...

Note that the map is on its side, North is off to the right. The shuttlebus stop you marked on your picture (the one by the main (public bus-stop) entrance, opposite the Shell garage, bottom right on the map) wasn't in operation in December 2015 - the whole first 200m of that street (Soi 7) was taken over by a "Winter festival" street market.

Winter festival over - here's another snap showing where you get the free shuttle bus from just inside the entrance to the complex at soi 7:

post-121628-0-09458400-1459501332_thumb.

Bang Sue MRT train to Lak Si. Walk to Immigration bldg.

Another possibility. Chatachak MRT. 30B bus to Don Muang. Taxi to Immi.

Chatachak and minivan to Immigration.

I usually MRT alight Chatachak and taxi up. The other above, even for Cheap Charlie, seriously? Especially in these coming months with the heat.

4 Baht for the train? Far too expensive, I think I'll walk.

I have used this train and agree that the price is quiet expensive. But taking into account the journey from Lak Si to central Bangkok takes just over 2 weeks I think it works out as good value in the long run.

You're a bloody slacker mate I did it in twelve days with regular 7/11 refreshment stops.

Archived