Unlocked TM8

Can anyone provide a unlocked TM8 in Word format? The one at the immigration website pops into 2 pages when one fills in the form. It should be remain at 1 page.

Edited by cigar7

Downloaded the document in the above link. I'm using an official licensed bought and paid for copy of Microsoft Office Home and Student Word 2010 version 14.0.7153.5000 (32-bit). This form pops to 2 pages as soon as I fill-in Nationality and prior fields.

Did you click on Enable Editing at the top of the document? It will then switch to single page view.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Yes, I enabled editing, so I can save the form on my PC with info. In subsequent years, and subsequent versions, only minor changes will be required.

As stated, form pops to 2 pages as soon as I fill-in Nationality and prior fields using Word 2010.

I just tried it on wife's laptop using office 2007 and all ok, the high-lighted areas stay high-lighted but stays as one page, hard to see about the editing option as on this computer everything in office is in Thai

Did you enter some text/numbers into all of the highlighted fields up to an including all of the fields in the line that contains Nationality in English language characters?

I get a similar problem but it does not happen until I select my month of birth because it is longer than the space on the layout. When I select a shorter month it goes back to one page.

Have you by chance typed something longer than the space allowed.

I get a similar problem but it does not happen until I select my month of birth because it is longer than the space on the layout. When I select a shorter month it goes back to one page.

Have you by chance typed something longer than the space allowed.

I even tried typing just one character into each highlight field up to and including the "middle name" or "nationality" field. When I enter "C" into the nationality field or the middle name field, at the bottom of the frame, it shows that the document is now Page 1 of 2 pages. True enough, it has gone to 2 pages, with "application field is not refundable" on the second page.

Then when I type one character into "I intend to go to" field, and one character into each prior field, a second line from the form is transferred to the second page, in Thai language.

I can't adjust the page size, or paragraph spacing, to retain 1 page, because the document is locked. Anybody know the password?

I think if you highlight ALL the text in the offending fields you can right click and reduce the font size on that input field.

Also if you are in a modern word you can save as .pdf, open the pdf then go into the print settings before printing. Option exists to reduce size and print as one page. Once sorted remember to save a copy and next year its easy.

Attached is a revised edition of the TM8, that doesn't exhibit the overflow to a second page if completed. The top margin was adjusted, barely noticeable from the previous locked edition.

Try it and let me know if there are any issues or problems.

TM8ThaiVisa.docx

Edited by cigar7

The form stored on the Thaivisa server seems to work without a problem. Download it here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/8-tm8-re-entry-permit-into-the-kingdom-application-form/

Attached is the form from Thai Visa from the above link, filled in with a genuine copy of MS Word 2010. It jumps to 2 pages when filled in. Have a look.

Edited by Tywais
Doc removed due to personal data

The form stored on the Thaivisa server seems to work without a problem. Download it here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/8-tm8-re-entry-permit-into-the-kingdom-application-form/

Attached is the form from Thai Visa from the above link, filled in with a genuine copy of MS Word 2010. It jumps to 2 pages when filled in. Have a look.

You need to ask for that link to be removed. It contains personal detail.

Agreed, attachment removed for privacy reasons.

Agreed, attachment removed for privacy reasons.

How did you know it contained true genuine personal details? It did NOT contain genuine true personal details! So many mind readers and "know it all" people. The attachment had simulated data, not true private data.

Here is the form again, so you can see it jumps to 2 pages.

tm8fromThaiVisa14Dec2015.doc

How did you know it contained true genuine personal details? It did NOT contain genuine true personal details! So many mind readers and "know it all" people. The attachment had simulated data, not true private data.

Here is the form again, so you can see it jumps to 2 pages.

We're not mind readers and had no way of knowing it wasn't true personal data as you didn't mention it. I modified it with a change in margins so see how this works.

tm8fromThaiVisa14Dec2015.docx

BTW, I can not replicate the 2 page issue when using the downloaded form on Thaivisa and entering pseudo information. The one you supplied does show two pages as the 1st page overflows the last line into a 2nd page. So not clear exactly why it is behaving that way for you.