What is your Thai family eating for Xmas day?

fang37

Turkey ,Roast vegetables , Rice, all smothered with Nam Pik . I know i will have to get in first to slice the turkey before it is pulled apart and left in a un-reasonable state for turkey sangers on Boxing day.

Maybe a couple of Crownies unless i have to drive .

We are having a Christmas Tree and traditional Christmas fare - it is the kids first Christmas in Australia .

Kids love the Christmas tree stuff with presents not to be opened until their unreasonable grandparents tell them so.

Apart from that we will be eating 8 chickens (five wasn't enough last year), best Hom mali rice fried and boiled, probably some fish from the pond, whatever vegetables we have at the time, roasted potatoes, lots of beer (for me) and Lao Kow for them.

Since the Thai's don't celebrate Xmas it will be just like any other day. Rice and pork washed down with Lao Khao.

I am not going to start to force them to celebrate on my behalf, having a huge party that i would have to pay for.....

nah, it is just another day in paradise

Char grilled asparagus wrapped around salmon with lettuce and blue cheese.

Turkey with all the trimmings or Beef in red wine sauce or seabass in fennel sauce with cherry toms.

NY cheese cake or ice cream

glass of Cab Sauve 2012

tea or coffee ...500B

Oh the wife ..............kao kao moo ping.