Turkeys?!

bkkbarnstormer

Was speaking to the manager of our local Makro.

He told me that Makro would not be selling them this year. Seems it's all down to CP foods that now own part all of same as they want to sell their own Chickens Ducks or Goose.

Looks like it's BKK. Or Chang Mai if your up north.

Another thing that my local restaurant tells me, is that anyone selling Turkeys have put their price up. Some are asking well over 450btkg.

Might be a good idea to tell CP foods/Makro what you think of them by shopping else ware.

Many countries, including Thailand, have banned imports of US turkeys due to avian influenza outbreak. The prices are up due to supply shortage and seasonal demand. Most that are available are from frozen stock before the ban came into place.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dozens-of-countries-are-banning-us-poultry-because-of-a-huge-bird-flu-outbreak-2015-4

Many countries, including Thailand, have banned imports of US turkeys due to avian influenza outbreak. The prices are up due to supply shortage and seasonal demand. Most that are available are from frozen stock before the ban came into place.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dozens-of-countries-are-banning-us-poultry-because-of-a-huge-bird-flu-outbreak-2015-4

This is correct. And all stock from local farms has already been bought up by the big hotels and fancy restos for their holiday menus and buffets.

Villa Market in Pattaya have then along with their 10,000 baht Christmas Trees!

Not true, Villa sold out days ago, still have the Christmas trees, though. Just checked to see if they've re-stocked since last week, nope !

Just got the second to last one at Friendship, come and get the last turkey in Pattaya.

So despite the importers and supermarkets being aware that there was an import bad in place for North American poultry, they did absolutely nothing to source an alternative supplier.

Turkeys are available from Europe, Australia, South America Etc.

Maybe there is a Butterball Turkey Mafia!

6000. But it & try to sell it on

You know that's the Thai way, buy something, increase the price to something everyone except Thai people know is crazy, you know it won't ever sell so keep it frozen until next Christmas then increase the price again & keep going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk