Bomb alert on Russian flight

rooster59

Bomb alert on Russian flight

BANGKOK: A PASSENGER saying goodbye to her boyfriend caused a flight delay at the Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday after air hostesses of the Russian airline Aeroflot reported her "suspicious behaviour" to airport authorities.

Turkish woman Sefika Kanik, a 38-year-old passenger on Aeroflot's Flight SU 271, was held by police after flight attendants told authorities that she acted suspiciously while on the plane, the airport's director Siroj Duangrat said.

During questioning that lasted more than three hours, she told police that she was just saying goodbye to her boyfriend. The plane, carrying 322 passengers and 15 crew, was moved to an isolated parking bay after concern of "a bomb threat on aircraft", Siroj said. A search was later conducted on the passenger and her baggage, but nothing illegal found.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bomb-alert-on-Russian-flight-30274805.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-13

Odd story or odd interpretation?.......

Saying goodbye to her man...on the plane ?

Now there's a thing, if she really was on the plane how did a non-passenger get through immigration and security into the ' secure ' area and then onto an aircraft ?

Presumably (guess) she was wearing a burka and fiddling with her mobile whilst speaking in Turkish. Instant panic. OMG.

Turks don't wear burqa - try Afghanistan. But I take your point.

Will this be another story that will never be fully explained because if someone managed to get on a plane without the proper documentation it doesn't say much for all the extra security etc that's supposedly been put in place and that won't be admitted, can't worry tourists !

Presumably (guess) she was wearing a burka and fiddling with her mobile whilst speaking in Turkish. Instant panic. OMG.

Better tell that to the thousands of Turkish ladies that I saw wearing them when I lived in Turkey for 2 + years.

Fortunately (thanks to Ataturk - who funnily enough was a Kurd) Turkey is still a secular country so there are plenty who don't. But it is the Fundamentalists who are now in Government that would be happy to see all Turkish women wearing the Burka.

This will be censored for being off topic if I am not careful, so back to the post. I don't think anybody with common sense (sorry if it was a joke) would think her boyfriend was actually on the plane, so in the absence of any contrary information, I stand by my interpretation of the story.

Just a thought, maybe Turks don't use the word "Burka", but they certainly looked the same to me.

Edited by MiKT

Will this be another story that will never be fully explained because if someone managed to get on a plane without the proper documentation it doesn't say much for all the extra security etc that's supposedly been put in place and that won't be admitted, can't worry tourists !

Where did the "get on the plane without proper documentation" come from? I can't see it anywhere.

---------------------------------

Apparently on her cellphonre.

She was apparently saying an emotional goodbye to her boyfriend (in Thailand I assume)

Apparently she made a comment about how sad she was to never see him again, and someone overheard her comments.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Note: The story is on the front page of the "other English language newspaper", the one we can't quote.

Note 2: By coincidence on the same front page is a story of one of the Syrian "terrorists" the Russians warned the This had "infiltrated" Thailand.

Turns out he has been living in Thailand for years is married to a Thai wife, and has a son here.

He apparently runs a small business (assume legally) upcountry

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Where did the "get on the plane without proper documentation" come from? I can't see it anywhere.

Apologies, got it wrong. She was on board as a passenger not on saying goodbye to a passenger.

Better tell that to the thousands of Turkish ladies that I saw wearing them when I lived in Turkey for 2 + years.

Fortunately (thanks to Ataturk - who funnily enough was a Kurd) Turkey is still a secular country so there are plenty who don't. But it is the Fundamentalists who are now in Government that would be happy to see all Turkish women wearing the Burka.

This will be censored for being off topic if I am not careful, so back to the post. I don't think anybody with common sense (sorry if it was a joke) would think her boyfriend was actually on the plane, so in the absence of any contrary information, I stand by my interpretation of the story.

Just a thought, maybe Turks don't use the word "Burka", but they certainly looked the same to me.

They're no the same at all, try Google image search or Wikipedia. I think you are referring to the Hijab or head scarf, not the faceless all-encompassing tent that is a burqa and covers head to toe.

it's understandable, that with 10 detected in thailand isis terrorists still at large, air crews and airport security are extra vigilant.

The story about the 4 overstayers, with a context of isis threat, was just a deflection and cover up, that thai security services are not up to their job and are only warning, and not catching, terror suspects.

in the bangkok post there are mentioned 2 women and 1 man being temporarily detained and investigated. So there was more than a phone conversation between the couple, but rather an undercover operation - looks like the guy was followed through the aiport and cought on exiting it, after seeing of those 2 ladies.

at the suwarnabhumi airport it's possible to get a visitor pass, which allows you enter airside and see your family to the gate. That's very uncommon in the world, because it does increases security risk, for example each visitor carrying parts of the gun.

Edited by londonthai

They do use sometimes similar to Burqa's, specially in the Iraqi regions. Saudi's too don't use Burqa's but the dress is similar.

They're no the same at all, try Google image search or Wikipedia. I think you are referring to the Hijab or head scarf, not the faceless all-encompassing tent that is a burqa and covers head to toe.

Please read again - lived in Turkey for 2 plus years. Why would you think anybody can confuse a burka with a hijab?