Siam Paragon tops Facebook globally

rooster59

The hub of talked about places.

Of course it is high up on Facebook's list. Thais are addicted to their mobile phones and Facebook. They have nothing else to do or be interested in.

Sad, but very true. They are not interested in world news.

Sorry, I am NOT Thai bashing. This is my and many many other people's opinions.

Disney Properties, Universal Studios Properties

What exactly do they mean by that? Sounds like all Disney and Universal Studio locations put together, which isn't really fair to other single locations. Otherwise it would say Disneyland, CA or Disneyworld, FL instead.

Or Disneyland Hongkong or Paris. The clue is customers of those parks don't use Fayboo so much i guess but sure they make pictures there as well.

For Thai it's the ultimate picture to have on their Fayboo, me me me in Paragon, LOOK!

I don't understand the hype about Paragon, only reason i go there is to buy saucages from the butcher. MOS burgers was also good when it started but now it's so bad i even won't eat them anymore except in Central World.

This is a good example for the bon-mot: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics.

The fact that so many people mention Paragon on a Facebook post does not mean anything. It could be that they hate the horrible horrible traffic when leaving, it could be because they overpaid for what they bought or it could be because of the bombing there.

It means nothing at all. So let's get back to business....

Edited by dominique355

Oh sure.......everyone talks about Paragon.......who paid for this useless report..............!

It follows Niagara Falls and Paris?...........c'mon....get real...........IMO 99.999% of people globally, would'nt give a fig and wouldn't know, about any shopping mall in BKK!

They must've been referring to FB users inside Thailand, where most couldn't find NY, Paris or Niagara Falls on a map to save their lives.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both. The epidemic of smart phone zombies here probably led to such high count. Walking down beach at sunset last night, seeing all the youngsters with noses buried in phones oblivious to where the are.

I really wonder about that 250,000 visitors per day.

From Wikipedia - "Total retail floor area, 400,000 m2 (total retailed area)"

That means that, even allowing for total time spent in the centre being less than the total opening hours, you would be tripping over other customers even if the total retailed area had no stock to sell. Last time I was in Paragon there was a distinct lack of shoulder to shoulder crowds.

Far better at "The Mall" in Korat. At least the missus can go shopping and I can go and sit at one of the 2 beer bars attached to the shopping centre. Good looking waitresses, cold beer and even a smoking area. Now thats what I call a shopping centre. Missus happy and me estatic. thumbsup.gif

Far better at "The Mall" in Korat. At least the missus can go shopping and I can go and sit at one of the 2 beer bars attached to the shopping centre. Good looking waitresses, cold beer and even a smoking area. Now thats what I call a shopping centre. Missus happy and me estatic. thumbsup.gif

Out of curiosity, how much is a beer at Paragon? 800b?