Bank letter & Income letter

For an extension based upon marriage you would only need one of the two.

A income letter to prove 40k baht income can be up to 6 months old.

A bank letter to prove 400k baht in the bank a few days old would be accepted at some offices. Others want it to be done the day before,

• Like 1

At Chang Wattana they also ask you to pay in a nominal amount to your account on the day you apply and update your bankbook. I think it is to verify the account is yours or something? I would be interested to know if Khon Kaen immigration also ask the same.

I would be interested to know if Khon Kaen immigration also ask the same.

Never in four years.

Bank letter from previous day, book update from previous day with exact same amount.

The book update is possible without transaction at the counter at Bangkok Bank.

SCB told me "can not".

But does'nt the letter state how much has been in 90 days, which is the key? This is a good point, and I would like to clear it up. I'm due for first extension based on 800K, this month. Do I make a small deposit, then get the letter? Also, 600K has been in a fixed deposit since January...with no entries, and no update...of course they know there isn't a chance of ATM withdrawals that would be unrecorded. I'm even willing to add 10,000 for 3 month, just to get a fresh line in the book. Just don't want to go back and forth....I even know someone who was paying an expensive agent that got sent back....any clues? Thx, this might be helpful for everyone. I know it accounts for a significant amount of problems encountered at renewal.

Edited by bangmai

But does'nt the letter state how much has been in 90 days, which is the key?

No it does not.

It just confirms the account owner, account type and current balance.

The three or two month check is done by the immigration officer based on the bank book.

Just came to my mind:

that is the reason why you also have to provide copies of the bank book (main page plus all entries) for the file.

so, 600K has been in a fixed deposit since January...with no entries, and no update...of course they know there isn't a chance of ATM withdrawals that would be unrecorded. I'm even willing to add 10,000 for 3 month, just to get a fresh line in the book.

As written: with Bangkok Bank it is no problem to get an update line without transaction from the bank clerk (not at a machine).

You have to ask.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

But does'nt the letter state how much has been in 90 days, which is the key?

No it does not.

It just confirms the account owner, account type and current balance.

The three or two month check is done by the immigration officer based on the bank book.

Just came to my mind:

that is the reason why you also have to provide copies of the bank book (main page plus all entries) for the file.

so, 600K has been in a fixed deposit since January...with no entries, and no update...of course they know there isn't a chance of ATM withdrawals that would be unrecorded. I'm even willing to add 10,000 for 3 month, just to get a fresh line in the book.

As written: with Bangkok Bank it is no problem to get an update line without transaction from the bank clerk (not at a machine).

You have to ask.

Yes, I did see that, and thanks for clearing up the part about the balance....so they did that on your fixed book? Because I don't think you can update a fixed on the machines, otherwise you would have done that. However, I just noticed on my regular savings that when I updated it, it only showed the date of the last interest, not the date of the update...so that would be an argument for putting 100 thb deposit in...then getting the letter, and let the "officer" determine the seasoning. My manager is kind of young, but when I opened, I made it clear that I would eventually be needing the letter...she showed me the letter in her binder and said 1 hour/100 thb....I feel like telling her if it doesn't work, I will be moving my 800K out of their bank...but in reality, it will have to do with the rules of the day at IMM, because on a bad day, nobody has everything right, and that seems to be one of the areas where they can vary the rules just enough to DQ you.