Is Your Thai Mail Missing Or Damaged

geoffphuket

Thai Postal service - Your experience  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yet again we've just received a package for our baby through the Thai postal system with the wrapper opened and the contents partly missing. No way could it have been an accident as it was well wrapped, tapped and strung together… It's most distressing as this was intended for his first birthday.

Very little of our mail arrives, even telephone bills go missing despite the office being just a few klm’s down the road. Our local sorting office just laugh and say it’s not their problem – the mail is missing in Europe or Bangkok!! I could understand this if we lived out in the sticks – but we don’t, we’re on a modern estate in a well populated area of Phuket… and all our neighbours have the same problem.

Hopefully this Poll will give an idea as to just how widespread the problem is. Given enough evidence, we’ll forward it with a complaint to Bangkok.

Thanks in advance for your input

Geoff

edit for typo

Edited by geoffphuket

Perhaps it might be worth registering a formal complaint with the head of your local Poat Office. If the reply is as mocking as the ones from the Sorting Office, take it up with Bangkok along with a copy of your original complaint and the response.

I doubt the results of this poll will do much good, but I do empathize with your situation as it must be extremely annoying to say the least. :o

Perhaps it might be worth registering a formal complaint with the head of your local Poat Office. If the reply is as mocking as the ones from the Sorting Office, take it up with Bangkok along with a copy of your original complaint and the response.

I doubt the results of this poll will do much good, but I do empathize with your situation as it must be extremely annoying to say the least. :o

Cheers for that,

We do intend putting in a formal complaint to Bangkok anyway, but I thought it would be interesting to see what percentage of our members have a similar problem.

complaints have been sent to CAT and post office for years about this ,they try to catch the few posties who rob the mail but it only takes 1 or 2 thieves to steal items .

they dont earn much and they may have debts so anything saleable is a temptation .

i dont think its a problem in BKK but the farther a package has to go the more hands it has to pass through.

The question about parcels occasionally being opened could be misinterpreted. Chances are if the parcel is coming from overseas it will be opened for routine customs inspection and then resealed.

Obviously nothing should have been taken. I lost one package coming from the UK to Thailand. It was investigated by Amazon, who sent it, and they discovered the loss had happened in the UK. It had been misrouted.

Before hiring a Post Office box at our main city center we (TW and I) were receiving about 20% of our international mail and 60% local, bills and the like.

I put it down to the village enviroment where the mail finishes up in a cardboard box at the Pua Baan's house and left unattended for all and sundry to rummage through, it passes through two local post offices before getting there. He announces 'mail call' every few days over the tammoy along with his community notices (at 05:30 - loud enough to wake the dead, that's another story! :o ).

having had mail parcels go missing in the past i always use recorded delivery and since then havent had a parcel go missing ,so pay the extra to be on the safe side.

actually according to a BKK post article all incoming parcels are x-rayed for contraband then they might open it to check .drugs could be sent in a parcel .