Loei mining firm seeking to sue 15-year-old schoolgirl

webfact

Hopefully the international press will air this

Why?

To highlight the very wrongness of what they are doing and hopefully have their action stopped?

Do you really think that the International press can stop a legitimate process? The International press will never get to hear about this 'trivial' news.

If it's so trivial why do you spend so much time justifying the actions of the mining company. Seems every second post is one of yours.

There is quite an extensive report here from earlier this year from an international industry website that goes into some detail about this case and also mentions who owns a fairly large minority stake in the mine. Another key figure not mentioned in the report is ex police chief Somyot who was an independent director there until last year.

http://geographical.co.uk/people/development/item/1178-gold-diggers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not justifying the actions of the mining company - I'm just saying that they are within their rights to sue her for defamation if they are convinced that their is no pollution.

I'm simply retorting to posters replies to mine, which would make it every second post.

I repeat, no pollution then they are justified in their actions. They find pollution, then she has done her duty in bringing it to the attention of the media and she will be the local heroine and eco warrior to boot!! NB: this is another post because I am replying to yours.

Hopefully the international press will air this

Why?

To highlight the very wrongness of what they are doing and hopefully have their action stopped?

Do you really think that the International press can stop a legitimate process? The International press will never get to hear about this 'trivial' news.

If it's so trivial why do you spend so much time justifying the actions of the mining company. Seems every second post is one of yours.

There is quite an extensive report here from earlier this year from an international industry website that goes into some detail about this case and also mentions who owns a fairly large minority stake in the mine. Another key figure not mentioned in the report is ex police chief Somyot who was an independent director there until last year.

http://geographical.co.uk/people/development/item/1178-gold-diggers

It seems that the land is polluted, mostly naturally with their operations releasing the toxins in the form of dust and via washings. Having seen this potted history and the irresponsible actions and treatment of the local people then I now fully side with the 15 year old girl and would like to see this mine closed for good.

In this new light, the suing of this girl is abhorrent and disregard by the mining company to do something to safeguard the local people's health is unacceptable. Seems I've jumped over the fence and I am with and fully behind what you believe in, regards this tragic maltreatment of honest folk just intent on eking out a living on land lived on by several generations of their ancestors!!