Chiang Mai Jobs?

damian5000

How's the job situation in Chiang Mai? I'll be landing in Bangkok on the 17th, but don't think it'll end up being the place for me to stay long term.

Thanks,

Damian

Damian , nobody works in Chiang Mai..... we are all independently wealthy..... we just spend time writing nonsense on this forum....only rich people move to CM..... cuz they have to buy the first 3 rounds for all the members in CM

Damian huh,,,,,,, by the way liked your movie....thought the wrong side won though....

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

How's the job situation in Chiang Mai? I'll be landing in Bangkok on the 17th, but don't think it'll end up being the place for me to stay long term.

Thanks,

Damian

Damian , nobody works in Chiang Mai..... we are all independently wealthy..... we just spend time writing nonsense on this forum....only rich people move to CM..... cuz they have to buy the first 3 rounds for all the members in CM

Damian huh,,,,,,, by the way liked your movie....thought the wrong side won though....

Gonzo

Gonzo's right Damian. There was only one guy here when he arrived (and he was just putting the finishing touches to the ark) The floods didn't come so they sold the ark. Gonzo acted as middle man, hence his "independent" wealth :o

Edited by john b good

Thanks,

Damian

Gonzo

Gonzo's right Damian. There was only one guy here when he arrived (and he was just putting the finishing touches to the ark) The floods didn't come so they sold the ark. Gonzo acted as middle man, hence his "independent" wealth :D

Damian, what Johnny is referring to, when he speaks of "wealth" should not be misconstrued nor confused, my son....

What he no doubt meeeaaannnns is

Wwweeee are wealthyyy in spirrritttttttt..

Wwweeee are wealthyyy in love for our felllooooowww maannn....

Wwweeee are wealthyyy in ssspppirrritttt and goooodneesss for alllll our brethennnn....

Wwweeee are only herreeee to hep you my sonnnnn

Wwweeee are herreeee for youuuuu

Now about those 4 [or was it 5] cases of Jack Daniels, and Heiney Chasers, you be bringing.....how is that weeee your brethernnnn can hepp you dispose of that vile liikkk widd....

Just telll me my son and weeee are dere for y'alll

:D:o

Preferably teaching English. I've heard the demand is still relatively strong, but didn't know about the situation in Chiang Mai.

Thanks again for any more information,

Damian

loads of work if you have a TEFL, look smart, friendly and out-going. For the better jobs you'll need a degree. Come here with a chip on your shoulder about life and no matter what your qualifications and experiences are, you won't last.

Schools and colleges start the next semester in a week or two, then the new academic year begins just after the Songran holiday around mid-April.

Language school work is available all year round. On another thread not so long ago I wrote a list of language schools in CM.

To work legally you'll need a work permit. However, there are many teachers working without a wp and never have a problem. This is Thailand. Try to come to Thailand with a multi-entry non-immB visa as this is the first step in obtaing a wp. A sponsoring school or TEFL training course can provide you with the paperwork.

Good luck!

Preferably teaching English. I've heard the demand is still relatively strong, but didn't know about the situation in Chiang Mai.

Damian

loads of work if you have a TEFL, look smart, friendly and out-going. For the better jobs you'll need a degree. Come here with a chip on your shoulder about life and no matter what your qualifications and experiences are, you won't last.

Schools and colleges start the next semester in a week or two, then the new academic year begins just after the Songran holiday around mid-April.

Language school work is available all year round. On another thread not so long ago I wrote a list of language schools in CM.

To work legally you'll need a work permit. However, there are many teachers working without a wp and never have a problem. This is Thailand. Try to come to Thailand with a multi-entry non-immB visa as this is the first step in obtaing a wp. A sponsoring school or TEFL training course can provide you with the paperwork.

Good luck!

Excellent. Thank you for your time Loaded.

Damian

Damian

Good luck!

Damian

No worries Damian. I saw from the teaching page you're looking for a TEFL course in CM. You have 3 choices in CM: T&T, CMU or SEE. SEE are the page sponsor of the teaching page and I know the guy that runs it well - good bloke and knows his stuff. T&T also has a good reputation. I've had teachers come to my school looking for jobs from the CMU course who don't even know what a present simple verb is!

Damian

Good luck!

Damian

No worries Damian. I saw from the teaching page you're looking for a TEFL course in CM. You have 3 choices in CM: T&T, CMU or SEE. SEE are the page sponsor of the teaching page and I know the guy that runs it well - good bloke and knows his stuff. T&T also has a good reputation. I've had teachers come to my school looking for jobs from the CMU course who don't even know what a present simple verb is!

Thanks again for the info Loaded.

And, laughing... did they get the job?

Damian

Edited by damian5000

What is a present simple verb? I'm an Australian, I don't understand these things.......

What is a present simple verb? I'm an Australian, I don't understand these things.......

Australians don't understand many things.

The present simple verb is a cartoon character from the Czech Republic.

Australians don't understand many things.

The present simple verb is a cartoon character from the Czech Republic.

Thanks for that Loaded. It all falls into place now. (But don't try to explain that to a New Zealander)

Isn't New Zealand part of Australia?

That's an easy mistake to make.

In fact, NZ has is comprised of three islands. The north island (key cities, Auckland and Wellington), the south island (key cities, Christchurch and Dunedin) and the west island (key cities, Sydney, Melbourne and Wagga Wagga)

In fact, NZ has is comprised of three islands. The north island (key cities, Auckland and Wellington), the south island (key cities, Christchurch and Dunedin) and the west island (key cities, Sydney, Melbourne and Wagga Wagga)

Sydney, Melbourne and..................................WAGGA WAGGA :D

Who came up with THAT name :o

Thanks,

Damian

with the recent visa changes, I would have to think that the market for teachers is better in chiang mai.Alot of the schools depended upon a more transient group before the visa changes. Make sure to get a Non-immigrant multiple entry before you come

• 2 weeks later...

Damian

Good luck!

Helpful post ---- but could someone point me in the direction of that list of places where one can look for work? My husband just got his TEFL certificate from T&T, but they're not so very helpful about where to apply for work, particularly if one doesn't yet know CM very well.

okinasan

Wagga Wagga ...
Who came up with THAT name

The people who have lived in the land downunder for far, far longer than its colonists.

So did the Maoris name that little town Waikikamoocow? It's justy up the road from Waikaremoana.

Better ask Chewchoke for confirmation of that..... :o

a couple of options....

ECC

AUA

English First

Chiang Mai University

and there are sure to be more....

English First were closed early October by their landlord (Sripanich Building, Huay Kaew Rd.) as the franchisee hadn't paid any bills for a while. I know EF head office visited to try and find out what happened as their franchisee just diasppeared. You can read more about the franchisee on a website called Teflwatch.org.

The franchisee has a few 'outside' EF contract in schools such as Regina Coelli, Pimandek plus a couple of kindergartens - They will no longer be approved EF programmes, so I guess he's stiffed these schools as well.

Edited by Loaded

a couple of options....

ECC

AUA

English First

Chiang Mai University

English First were closed early October by their landlord (Sripanich Building, Huay Kaew Rd.) as the franchisee hadn't paid any bills for a while. I know EF head office visited to try and find out what happened as their franchisee just diasppeared. You can read more about the franchisee on a website called Teflwatch.org.

The franchisee has a few 'outside' EF contract in schools such as Regina Coelli, Pimandek plus a couple of kindergartens - They will no longer be approved EF programmes, so I guess he's stiffed these schools as well.

Intellectuals!! All that IQ (or expensive schools paid for by dad) to earn less than a thousand dollars a month. Almost oxymoronic.

Guess I'll get dumped for that one................... :o

Sydney, Melbourne and..................................WAGGA WAGGA :D

Who came up with THAT name :o

Wagga Wagga, meaning "place of many crows",

a couple of options....

ECC

AUA

English First

Chiang Mai University

Intellectuals!! All that IQ (or expensive schools paid for by dad) to earn less than a thousand dollars a month. Almost oxymoronic.

Guess I'll get dumped for that one................... :D

I have always wondered why someone would want to come here to earn that amount of money.

You might as well work for free.

I guess that the fringe benefits compensate to a degree though. :o

a couple of options....

ECC

AUA

English First

Chiang Mai University

Guess I'll get dumped for that one................... :D

I have always wondered why someone would want to come here to earn that amount of money.

You might as well work for free.

I guess that the fringe benefits compensate to a degree though. :o

People teach in Thailand for a variety of reasons. Becoming rich isn't one of them. I feel sorry for the guys who leave Thailand - and the missus (while the cat's away...) - for 6 months to be able to afford to come back and spend 6 months bored doing nothing.