Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

Tywais

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been living in CM for years smog is always an issue and so many people comment about how it's it's better in some other country well go to that country if it's so much better than CM. One could comment further on issues with those other cities in other countries but what's the point I don't live and never will.

Learn to live with the smog in whatever way you have to but  stop complaining about it, as one of the old saying goes " if you don't like the food in the restaurant then don't eat there "

3 hours ago, Flying Kiwi said:

Been living in CM for years smog is always an issue and so many people comment about how it's it's better in some other country well go to that country if it's so much better than CM. One could comment further on issues with those other cities in other countries but what's the point I don't live and never will.

Learn to live with the smog in whatever way you have to but  stop complaining about it, as one of the old saying goes " if you don't like the food in the restaurant then don't eat there "

i believe that NZ is clean but definition of smog is

Smog is a type of air pollutant. The word "smog" was coined in the early 20th century as a portmanteau of the words smoke and fog to refer to smoky fog, its opacity, and odour.[1] The word was then intended to refer to what was sometimes known as pea soup fog, a familiar and serious problem in London from the 19th century to the mid 20th century.

I recently sold my condo and moved into a rather expensive place, 10th floor, wont mention the name. But it has these beautiful wood floors and its quite amazing, I can clean them five times a day and there is always a gray colored dust micro particulate covering the floor, and lots of it. Is this good for us? What is it? I am seriously considering bottling some of it and having analyzed somewhere, but ha ha, I already know the outcome. Diesel particulate, factory smoke etc etc. So these false readings on the AQI, well, lets just disregard them ok? When I am driving wherever which is very often some songtaew takes off and the black smoke pours out, so I turn off my air con, until I am past him. I mean come on, it costs 250 baht to have your injectors cleaned. This place is really amazing. Amazing Thailand!

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken till July before I've seen mostly or all green in CM and CR for 2.5's.

I'm curious how long it will last.

I saw a figure of under 35 as being safe, I know another poster reported that WHO considers under 10 safe.

Green is 0 - 50 but the specific hourly readings were almost all or all under 35 on a few days that I checked.

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

It's taken till July before I've seen mostly or all green in CM and CR for 2.5's.

I'm curious how long it will last.

I saw a figure of under 35 as being safe, I know another poster reported that WHO considers under 10 safe.

Green is 0 - 50 but the specific hourly readings were almost all or all under 35 on a few days that I checked.

The aqi numbers should be good as we have just had the long holiday weekend with many businesses closed and the roads noticeably quieter. Less cars and truckers pumping out crap. The aqi may well worsen when everything returns to normal tomorrow. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2017 at 7:55 AM, burners19 said:

Thanks a million AWK !! Since you've read the Xiaomi blog have bought a Laser Egg http://originstech.com/products/laser-egg/? Or considering it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hi. I've been trying to purchase a Laser Egg.  The company who makes it is domiciled in China and does not ship to Thailand (I have contacted them).  Any ideas on where or how I can buy one??

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 7:49 AM, Cruzn said:

Hi. I've been trying to purchase a Laser Egg.  The company who makes it is domiciled in China and does not ship to Thailand (I have contacted them).  Any ideas on where or how I can buy one??

http://aliexpress.com has multiple vendors carrying the laser egg

They will ship to Thailand

On 10/6/2017 at 6:25 PM, EnlightenedAtheist said:

No, YOU are calling it BURNING! We are calling it SMOKING! If you don't like it, go fog yourself! 

There is no smoking for last 6 mouths in Chiang Mai

41 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

So, you are admitting that there was smoking before (it follows logically), but of course, we should not call this the smoking season! 

How can you be taken seriously? 

That avatar does not help, btw.

10th minus 6 mouths is March. can you count?

10 hours ago, LolaS said:

still is

Just a moment, let me check my weather app. Strange, Ok Phansa was on the 6.10., so rainy season should be over. And, by the way, there is nothing like smoking except smoking ham or smoking hot Soi Cowboy girls.

Slash and burn agriculture done by hilltribe peoples result in smoke and smog and they are burning the land for cultivation. Have you ever heard from inverse weather conditions which occur during winter time which is the typical time for smog due to pollution, slash burning or sandstorms in northern China (Peking smog)?

If not, a valuable contribution to this topic is hardly possible.

3 hours ago, bermannor said:

Just a moment, let me check my weather app. Strange, Ok Phansa was on the 6.10., so rainy season should be over. And, by the way, there is nothing like smoking except smoking ham or smoking hot Soi Cowboy girls.

Slash and burn agriculture done by hilltribe peoples result in smoke and smog and they are burning the land for cultivation. Have you ever heard from inverse weather conditions which occur during winter time which is the typical time for smog due to pollution, slash burning or sandstorms in northern China (Peking smog)?

If not, a valuable contribution to this topic is hardly possible.

I dont understand why this misogyny toward me, I didn't say anything against your claim.

17 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

So, you are admitting that there was smoking before (it follows logically), but of course, we should not call this the smoking season! 

How can you be taken seriously? 

16 hours ago, LolaS said:

10th minus 6 mouths is March. can you count?

Oh! I can count, but can you recount?

There is no "smoking" season you said in earlier posts. It is just ... burning (without smoke, I presume).

May I suggest you go outside and breathe the fresh air for NOW instead of continually splitting hAIR over semantics!

1 hour ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Oh! I can count, but can you recount?

There is no "smoking" season you said in earlier posts. It is just ... burning (without smoke, I presume).

May I suggest you go outside and breathe the fresh air for NOW instead of continually splitting hAIR over semantics!

Fresh air for most of year!

Dry season maybe litle dust in air that I dont notice,

Hair comment is sexist!

10 hours ago, LolaS said:

I dont understand why this misogyny toward me, I didn't say anything against your claim.

Dear LolaS, first of all I beg your pardon if you feel insulted by my comments here and in the Buddha head thread It was not my intention but your comments provoked replies.

Secondly, I had first to check wikipedia about the meaning of misogyny and I have no idea how my comments can result in a feeling of misogyny. This is always an argument when nothing else helps.

Let me show you an example. You wrote: "Dry season maybe little dust in air that I don't notice,".

That is outspoken wrong whether it is written by a male or female and this is exactly the time when Chiang Mai suffers from smog due to inverse weather conditions.

I tried to explain why exactly in winter (dry season) smog occurs all over the world, most known from Sumatra and Beijing. It seems you are resistent to facts. Is the last sentence misogyny?

LolaS, it's great that a female contributes in a male dominated forum with a significant number of  not the sharpest knives in Mom's kitchen drawer. But be aware that you are treated equal, get no female credits and the misogyny card doesn't work.

I asked Lola long ago in the thread if she is a Chiang Mai business owner, but she never responded.

It's the only reason I can see for denying everything factual, such as the AQI readings, etc.

As I mentioned at that time, it would be more productive for her to join with others to try to improve the situation, rather than continually denying.

12 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I asked Lola long ago in the thread if she is a Chiang Mai business owner, but she never responded.

It's the only reason I can see for denying everything factual, such as the AQI readings, etc.

As I mentioned at that time, it would be more productive for her to join with others to try to improve the situation, rather than continually denying.

no, my husband is

Archived