Only 2 Tourist Visas From Same Consulate In A Year ?

>>>>In addition to this anyone who has entered the three times in succession without a valid visa will be automatically barred from entering the Kingdom under any circumstances for 90 days from the date of the last exit

So 4 Back to Back Tourist visas per year are OK?

http://www.thailand-visa.com/

signed by the Hon Consul.

So, I believe that now the "theorical" debate regarding a technical solution to continue visa runs, is over.

Well i give a shit on what a low grade, non star, guy (is he even thai ?) in a building in england thinks is the right interpretation. I think each immigration officer here is more informed than that guy.

http://www.thailand-visa.com/

signed by the Hon Consul.

So, I believe that now the "theorical" debate regarding a technical solution to continue visa runs, is over.

Well i give a shit on what a low grade, non star, guy (is he even thai ?) in a building in england thinks is the right interpretation. I think each immigration officer here is more informed than that guy.

He probably wrote that a week or more ago, and the change to a 2 entry tourist visa only occurred mid week this week.

I have sincere sympathy for those affected here. I did the visa runs several times myself.

I clearly appears that we can't live here year-round as tourists. Trying to do so is just going to cause recurring grief. Devote your energy to finding a legal alternative.

Clearly appear?? That's a contradiction in terms.

You're jumping the gun here. There is nothing clear yet.

Most visarun operations in Pattaya still believe back to back tourist visas will be feasible alternative.

Do you have unsubjective, definitive information to the contrary, or are you just offering an opinion?

It seems to be that people are becoming more and more pesimistic about this as the weeks progress.

Only opinion. It simply looks to me like unknowns are going make long term plans difficult for those trying to live here on tourist visa. I wouldn't want to try and do it now. How could one buy anything or sign contracts for a long term stay under these conditions?

To come back to the original post: last time I went to the Thai embassy in Vientiane (last April) they told me it was the last tourist visa they would give me, as they have given me too many already (2 already in my passport, and few more from a previous passport, not sure if she had checked those on a computer).

Then I got another tourist visa from my home country and few VOA.

Will try to get another Tourist Visa in Malaysia next week.

Only opinion. It simply looks to me like unknowns are going make long term plans difficult for those trying to live here on tourist visa. I wouldn't want to try and do it now. How could one buy anything or sign contracts for a long term stay under these conditions?

Exactly! I need to renew my lease in December, but considering the uncertainty of visa regulations, I might have to pass. It's a big world and I often wonder why people are so hooked on this one country....LOS it most definitely is not.