Best Gprs Plan For Mobile Data? Truemove?

youngkiwi

No Info to True. I use AIS (Prepayd). GPRS with EDGE in Pattaya (and Bangkok as I shortly found out).

Pattaya is slow, so I usualy go with the lofi Version of Thai Visa. But duable. Download arround 15 Kbit/s

I use the 120 hours Plan for 370 Baht.

I've currently got nothing bad to say about DTAC GPRS/EDGE. atm i'm using 7 day unlimited for 230baht - suits me fine. Usng the KSC proxy maxes my connection out consistantly. Compaired to AIS one1call , which was an unrealiable POS that disocnnected every 90 odd seconds or so, once it decided to connect...70Kbps average here.

phazey! please talk so we novis understand.What do you really mean in plain words. And where to get the stuff? How do I get it in my computer?

This products you talking about and services, is it working in Kamala(Phuket)?

Edited by kamalabay

I have tried the ksc proxy for a few days, just running it through the browser and utorrent, I didn't see any significant improvements. Still a steady 5-5.5 Kbps

Anyway, I will vouch for Dtac also, 999 baht one month unlimited, plus 250 a month service charge of some sort. Calls are expensive at 4 or 5 baht a minute.

I have this strange phenomena where AIS Edge on my new PDA does not work properly (looks like bad dns resolving), but when I use my older pda which only is regular gprs capable, this works good!

It was actually so unusable that I had to put a dtac sim card in which works good as well, althiugh in my area dtac does not support edge...

BTW, True (ex-orange) does not seem to have gprs at all in my area, no G sign appears on my screen!

Edited by monty

I have been using DTAC GPRS 50 hours for 400 Baht.

I only use it when my DSL goes out or I am on the road, there's no EDGE here so it's dog slow (4k/s).

That said, it just saved me yesterday when DSL was out for about 36 hours.

Thinking of switching to AIS though as DTAC regularly goes down. Especially when the power goes out in town (which happens frequently up here). DTAC will just die immediately while AIS will be fine unless the power cut lasts longer than a day.

Quick Edit: DTAC has EDGE only in a handful of locations in Thailand. It doesn't even work everywhere in BKK despite their claims.

Edited by nikster