Thai court condemns killer of 11-year old girl to death

webfact

The liberals will be here soon (when they finally manage to get out of bed) to condemn the death penalty this piece of scum deservedly got.

Nothing wrong in having an opposing opinion.

so you defend a rapist of an 11 year old? community service maybe? do you have a daughter?

What rapist are we talking about ? This case involved the kidnap and murder of a child but I see no mention of rape.

Since when has questioning the legitimacy of a death sentence been the same as defending a rapist?

you might feel pretty stupid:

"While police were looking for evidence in the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl last weekend in Trang's Muang district, a neighbour of the girl and a person of interest was granted bail for a drug abuse charge."

​you think she was abducted to play tiddlywinks? I urge you to do more RESEARCH before posting and criticising another poster.

So, back to reality, do you think raping and murdering an 11 year does not warrant a death sentence (assuming, as i said in another post, all the evidence DNA, semen, blood is 100%)? it's yes or no

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Police-waiting-for-DNA-results-in-murdered-girl-ca-30233776.html

Edited by LannaGuy

No problem for me with this sentence if he was guilty of the crime. It's rather strange that the only bit of "evidence" mentioned was that he was absent from his home. I sincerely hope that there was more to it than that, in fact, a lot more evidence than that. It's also strange that someone presented with overwhelming evidence against them should continuously profess their innocence because pleading guilty in such circumstances secures a reduced sentence.

Denied charges during interrogation and trial.

No confession even for a reduced sentence.

Must have been strong evidence to overcome his claims of innocence.

Strong evidence or a strong need for a conviction against a penniless nobody.

coffee1.gif

Not many people get to the end of a Thai police interrogation without a confession being given. Often in police 'safehouse' with no witnesses nor lawyers present.

The liberals will be here soon (when they finally manage to get out of bed) to condemn the death penalty this piece of scum deservedly got.

Indeed, just up and having coffee. This case isn't even 100% waterproof and still you are condemning this human being to death. I wonder why. What if he is just a scapegoat? This must happen so often here for the cops not to lose face. Can't find the real killer? Let's go and find a simpleminded scapegoat who can't really defend himself. Happens all the time. Also in the west. Does it matter to you that 1000's of innocents have lost their lives over the years just because cops can't do their jobs properly?

Sentence seems about right.

What method of death does Thailand now use?

lethal injection

Thanks, what was it previously, firing squad, hanging?

Firing squad.
Go visit "Bangkok Hilton" and the tour will guide you past the pole where they were executed...

Nothing wrong in having an opposing opinion.

so you defend a rapist of an 11 year old? community service maybe? do you have a daughter?

What rapist are we talking about ? This case involved the kidnap and murder of a child but I see no mention of rape.

Since when has questioning the legitimacy of a death sentence been the same as defending a rapist?

you might feel pretty stupid:

"While police were looking for evidence in the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl last weekend in Trang's Muang district, a neighbour of the girl and a person of interest was granted bail for a drug abuse charge."

​you think she was abducted to play tiddlywinks? I urge you to do more RESEARCH before posting and criticising another poster.

So, back to reality, do you think raping and murdering an 11 year does not warrant a death sentence (assuming, as i said in another post, all the evidence DNA, semen, blood is 100%)? it's yes or no

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Police-waiting-for-DNA-results-in-murdered-girl-ca-30233776.html

The problem with this is nobody trusts the Thai police version of "evidence"

We will never know if the proof is 100% or not because they don't get it wrong occasionally, they get it wrong usually

If he's guilty I don't mind if he gets fed to lions but it's hard to make that decision based on the usual thorough "investigation" that people get when the police are under pressure to get some culprit....

How can we trust this forensic evidence and not trust the kao tao evidence which was under even more pressure to be tampered with because the victims were Farang and that trial was affecting the tourism economy?

I may be liberal, but I guarantee I got out of bed before you did this morning!

I sincerely hope that the evidence was more than the fact that he was a missing neighbour!

It is really unusual for someone to deny it all the way and end up with a death sentence that would have been avoided by a guilty plea. It adds some weight to the question of guilt, how much weight depends very much on the evidence which we have not seen.

Interestingly even the non-liberalls are quick to suggest that the police are inept and corrupt in one thread, and then ignore that in a case like this.

Yes child killers are the scum of the earth and deserve the harshest of punishments, but you can't have your cake and eat it. If the police and legal system are so awful in the case of the two burmese boys accused of killing the English couple the common sense tells you that the police and legal system cannot be trusted in this case.... oh yes, but that's different you will say. Well, its the same.

I'd rather be accused of being a liberal than be as stupid as some of the comments I see on here.

Thanks for this refreshingly honest post, TV forum always has been a gathering of hypocrites and non thinking to the far right leaning narrow minded people....

And your non hypocritical stance and line of thinking is? whistling.gif

Denied charges during interrogation and trial.

No confession even for a reduced sentence.

Must have been strong evidence to overcome his claims of innocence.

Lets just hope the evidence was correct and the KT standards were not used. After what we have seen the RTP call a professional investigation over the last few years, Im sorry to say but it is hard to have any confidence, especially when the sentence is death, that justice has been served.

Let me give you another slant on the death penalty. Forget the old innocent man argument. Although, for me that's cast iron.

Consider one Peter Sutcliffe, aka the Yorkshire Ripper.

A monster, sentenced to life. He has been savagely attacked several times, blinded in one eye by a dinner fork, and has chronic diabetes, and is reportedly terrified of losing sight in his remaining eye due to an future attack or diabetes. So, would you rather have hung him in the 80's a quick and I'm told, painless. Or relish his decline into hell over Decades? And the Kicker? After all this he's still going to die, probably in terror or in great pain. Now does the death penalty look so Good?

BTW it's also cheaper to jail someone for life, than to execute them, ask any rich appeals lawyer. Who pays for those Appeals? We taxpayers.

So three strong arguments why everyone but the perp. wins when life is handed down. The opposite argument has one position, revenge. Not much of an argument, more a goatherders simplistic biblical logic.

Where as I get the point you make and am also glad he is suffering, yes I would rather he was topped in the 80's for 2 reasons, 1 it sends out a strong message to sex cases and 2 the money wasted on housing that pile of filth would be in the millions and better used elsewhere,trim down the appeals process to 1 appeal not lasting more than 5 years and heat OAP's living rooms in winter instead.

Wrong. Death penalties don't send out messages of deterrence. This has been proven with every crime, not just murder, but particularly murder, where the perp is clearly, in that moment, not of mind to care.

Wrong again, jails will always exist, therefore housing killers is no more expensive than petty crims, and the longer the sentence the cheaper it is. It's called economy of scale.

OAP's are not relevant to this. I would suggest anyway, that foreign aid (government level bribery) be cut to pay OAPs.

Finally, appeals work, like most civilised law, on the presumption of innocence. Or would you rather give up that freedom and be subject to your own draconian ideas when they turn on you and you've nowhere to appeal to?

Your poor and wildly inaccurate arguments to defend your own lack of humanity, are not made more relevant by being cloaked in moral outrage.

Edited by dhream

Let me give you another slant on the death penalty. Forget the old innocent man argument. Although, for me that's cast iron.

A monster, sentenced to life. He has been savagely attacked several times, blinded in one eye by a dinner fork, and has chronic diabetes, and is reportedly terrified of losing sight in his remaining eye due to an future attack or diabetes. So, would you rather have hung him in the 80's a quick and I'm told, painless. Or relish his decline into hell over Decades? And the Kicker? After all this he's still going to die, probably in terror or in great pain. Now does the death penalty look so Good?

BTW it's also cheaper to jail someone for life, than to execute them, ask any rich appeals lawyer. Who pays for those Appeals? We taxpayers.

So three strong arguments why everyone but the perp. wins when life is handed down. The opposite argument has one position, revenge. Not much of an argument, more a goatherders simplistic biblical logic.

You were doing well up until the last sentence.

Some people need to be removed from this world. Some terrorists for example.

lethal injection

There was no firing squad in Thailand!

They used machine gun,which was controlled by electric push button.

This is common knowledge ignorant mates!

Read books written by Chavoret Jaruboon: "The Last Executioner" and another one,about his life and work.

They are available in English on international markets,as well as in Kindle,googlebooks and in Thai language.5US$ only - a steal!very interesting reading.

Susan Aldous(The Angel of BangKuang) also wrote something about him(interviews).

If you can not read because of your poor eyesight,then you may watch

the movie"The Last Executioner" based on above mentioned books.

I understand,that position of executioner is currently vacant...

How was he the last executioner if they are still executing people?

Technologybytes makes complete sense. The hang em high brigade always also ignore the ineptness of the police when it suits them. Then they will be back to criticise the police for fitting up all and sundry. They never seem to realise that the law is very much a two way street that punishes and protects. How would the people calling for the death sentence for anyone found with indecent images on their computer react if they were fitted up with those images and then placed on death row? It doesnt take too much of a leap of the imagination to realise that injustice can follow anyone around and the self righteous need the protection of the law as much as anyone.

For myself as a father of daughters who are my whole world I can feel the pain of the parents in this tragic case. But nothing will convince me that the death penalty is right if only for the reason that so many people have been wrongly convicted throughout the world and will continue to be. There is only one place for hanging.....the hanging of the head in shame for any society that has wrongly put to death a person within that society.

I ll vote for the trolls as well...coffee1.gif

War is war. We're talking about criminal justice, and yes, want to talk Terror? Gitmo proved innocent men were roped in. Try harder.

Technologybytes makes complete sense. The hang em high brigade always also ignore the ineptness of the police when it suits them. Then they will be back to criticise the police for fitting up all and sundry. They never seem to realise that the law is very much a two way street that punishes and protects. How would the people calling for the death sentence for anyone found with indecent images on their computer react if they were fitted up with those images and then placed on death row? It doesnt take too much of a leap of the imagination to realise that injustice can follow anyone around and the self righteous need the protection of the law as much as anyone.

For myself as a father of daughters who are my whole world I can feel the pain of the parents in this tragic case. But nothing will convince me that the death penalty is right if only for the reason that so many people have been wrongly convicted throughout the world and will continue to be. There is only one place for hanging.....the hanging of the head in shame for any society that has wrongly put to death a person within that society.

Hear hear, the same lynch mob would scream blue murder if it were their nearest and dearest. I was once a right wing kid in fatigues, seeing death and injustice in a war zone sickened me of it. Some of them have learned this crap from daddy, as I did, and some of them are just mad and bad.

I have rarely, if ever, seen a conservative extend compassion to anyone other than family, or their mates. I was one. I know.

Hear hear, the same lynch mob would scream blue murder if it were their nearest and dearest. I was once a right wing kid in fatigues, seeing death and injustice in a war zone sickened me of it. Some of them have learned this crap from daddy, as I did, and some of them are just mad and bad.

I have rarely, if ever, seen a conservative extend compassion to anyone other than family, or their mates. I was one. I know.

yea,yea how about compassion to the raped 11 year old? got any? I have rarely seen a PC liberal care about a victim and, I can assure you, I am no conservative

During the Rattanakosin period, Thailand--then called Siam--was under the "Law of the Three Seals", also called “Kotmai Tra Samduang”. This system was codified in 1805 during the reign of King Rama I under absolute monarchy and remained in place until Thailand transitioned into a constitutional monarchy, following a bloodless revolution in 1932. There were 21 different forms of capital punishment under the Law of the Three Seals, many of them extremely cruel--for example, those convicted of treason would be wrapped in oil-soaked cloth and set on fire. Execution methods have changed over the years. In 1938, for example, convicts were executed using a single automatic rifle. In 2001 five convicts were executed by firing squad in a public execution, provoking strong criticism from human rights groups. A total of 325 inmates have been executed at Bang Kwang. Most of these were executed by machine gun. The last execution of this type took place on 11 December 2002. This was then changed to lethal injection. Four inmates were executed by this method on 12 December 2003. Six years later, on 24 August 2009, two more inmates were executed. There hasn’t been any executions since.

In 2003 Thailand adopted lethal injection as the official method of execution.

You are very competent indeed.I know this subject only from beletristic sources.Chavoret Jaruboon claims 55 executions

using push button gun,spending 550 bullets.Only 1 person survived(she did not survive 2nd shot).

there is another movie - half fiction:"Bangkok Hilton" tv movie,execution there was very dramatic and melodramatic.

They should play this movie in LOS every 2nd month,like they play "Friends" in VangVien.

He's only "very competent" at copy and pasting.

Beletristic is an interesting word what does it mean?

It wasn't my post you're commenting on above.

But, I think the point was, there was no mention of sexual assault at all in the OP news report that launched this thread. And no mention of that being among the charges the guy was convicted of, those being murder, abduction and attempting to cover up a murder.

I wondered the same myself when I read this OP, wondering, what else would the likely motive be for abducting and killing an 11 year old girl. But for whatever reason, the ThaiPBS report is silent on that point.

lethal injection

They used to behead with a sword years ago. . Prisoner kneeling down... as the executioner approached from the front with a fearsome big heavy sharp blade.... the prisoner kept his eye on the executioner as he approaches. There would be a little speech.. and music playing so subtle sounds are drowned out around him...

Then suddenly his head is sliced off before he even knows about it.... by the other executioner with a big heavy sharp sword that had snuck up behind him.

Edited by Catoni

lethal injection

They used to behead with a sword years ago. . Prisoner kneeling down... as the executioner approached from the front with a fearsome big heavy sharp blade.... the prisoner kept his eye on the executioner as he approaches. There would be a little speech.. and music playing so subtle sounds are drowned out around him...

Then suddenly his head is sliced off before he even knows about it.... by the other executioner with a big heavy sharp sword that had snuck up behind him.

They used to make one guy play music and dance and the other would sneak up behind him and chop the back of the neck

Then they switched to the machine gun and made the person face away so the ghost will not see who shot him, then they went even further and attached 2 machine guns to a lever, so the executioner could pull the trigger via remote control

They are still cowards.... Nothing has changed

Unfortunately it doesn't use any, not even the soft option of being sat behind a sheet and machine gunned. I like the old ways for vermin. Sat tied to a stake whilst a chap with a sword dances in front and his mate sneaks up behind and chops your head off. Or the older, and more appropriate punishment in this case, stuffed inside a large takrow ball, and kicked about by elephants until one gets bored and stomps on you.

But, I think the point was, there was no mention of sexual assault at all in the OP news report that launched this thread. And no mention of that being among the charges the guy was convicted of, those being murder, abduction and attempting to cover up a murder.

I wondered the same myself when I read this OP, wondering, what else would the likely motive be for abducting and killing an 11 year old girl. But for whatever reason, the ThaiPBS report is silent on that point.

Click on my link? anybody with half a brain would check before attacking another poster (not you). It is obvious why someone would abduct a child and before berating another poster they should CHECK (it's in The Nation) and then APOLOGISE but neither of those two things will happen on TVF of course!

Edited by LannaGuy

So, back to reality, do you think raping and murdering an 11 year does not warrant a death sentence

The thing about people like myself who oppose the death sentence is that we oppose it in all circumstances. I appreciate that can be difficult for you to understand.

So, for the avoidance of doubt let me be clear. I oppose the death sentence in ALL circumstances.

That does not mean that I am defending a rapist or murderer, it just means that I think the death sentence is wrong.

Additionally, I think that the evidential standards required for a conviction in Thailand are too low and that everyone no matter what they are accused of and no matter how strong the evidence apparently is does deserve a full and fair trial, including the right of appeal.

So, back to reality, do you think raping and murdering an 11 year does not warrant a death sentence

The thing about people like myself who oppose the death sentence is that we oppose it in all circumstances. I appreciate that can be difficult for you to understand.

So, for the avoidance of doubt let me be clear. I oppose the death sentence in ALL circumstances.

That does not mean that I am defending a rapist or murderer, it just means that I think the death sentence is wrong.

Additionally, I think that the evidential standards required for a conviction in Thailand are too low and that everyone no matter what they are accused of and no matter how strong the evidence apparently is does deserve a full and fair trial, including the right of appeal.

+1

Maybe the DNA was dodgy, therefore we -( BIB ) can't mention sexual assault- lesson learnt from Koh Tao. Edited by Artisi

Click on my link? anybody with half a brain would check before attacking another poster (not you). It is obvious why someone would abduct a child and before berating another poster they should CHECK (it's in The Nation) and then APOLOGISE but neither of those two things will happen on TVF of course!

Well I did click on your link and it's not relevant really.

You were not berated at all, I simply pointed out that the discussion here on Thai visa is about a man convicted of kidnapping and killing a girl. Your own link actually says police were LOOKING FOR evidence of rape, its anyones guess if they found it.

You know what, I know you don't care. You want the guy to be killed anyway, no matter what. For many of the hang em high brigade a mere accusation is enough to put a man to death, never mind the evidence or lack of.

For the record, in Thailand a man who appeals a conviction becomes an appellant rather then a convicted prisoner (of course he may usually stay in prison awaiting the final ruling). Until the final outcome of that he should be considered potentially innocent.

When you post on a public forum you need to accept that others won't always agree with you. I know a good percentage totally disagree with me but I don't get upset about that. Don't be offended by others not being in agreement, I am not berating you I am simply stating my opinion.

Edited by technologybytes