importer of tree o Thailand

Chook

Thank you for your reply They are but not the guilty or quantity they must come from Vietnam if I can get them through customs quick cause they will be shipped bear rooted & will need to be planted with in 2/3 days

I am very reluctant to order them fore if they get held up at customs then there is a good chance many will die Macadamia trees are very root tender even getting them bare rooted is a big risk Thank you for help I need it Chook

I am very reluctant to order them fore if they get held up at customs then there is a good chance many will die Macadamia trees are very root tender even getting them bare rooted is a big risk Thank you for help I need it Chook

I have seen macadamia tree's for sale in BKK but not in large quantity's.

Best way to get many would be to ask the vendors who have them, there must be somebody who has a load of them.

If you want to import them then best is to let a Thai do it, farang names smell like money to the customs and mailmen.

There are many more nuttree's who will grow in thailand but aren't here yet.

If you let them ship to you then don't use the american couriers but just local post.

I have not had any experience with bare rooted Macadamias but most bare-rooted stock will last a few weeks at least if the roots are bedded in sawdust and wrapped in Hessian and kept damp. Usually bare rooted fruit trees i have had experience have been deciduous or in a dormant and/or seasonal condition.

Usually the advantage in bare rooted stock is they are easier to handle, plant and transport (cheaper) in a bare rooted state, but I too would be sourcing them from within Thailand if I could.

Hi people I know that Macadamia trees are grown in Thailand (Mostly around Chang Mai & Chang Rai) but not the varieties or numbers needed for a commercial crop Nam is the best option Yes I know about the thought many people have about a walking ATM from over seas It is a local Thai importer that I am looking for if you can help me please do I want to keep this project as Thai as I can

• 2 weeks later...

Archived