PEA moves forward with underground cables for Patong

snoop1130

PEA moves forward with underground cables for Patong
Phuket Gazette

1_2015121715433960_bsLQppFCkPCUjAWSCKXHU

PHUKET: -- The project to bury the unsightly power cables stretching along Patong’s beachfront road is slated for June next year.

The start date of the project was announced during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Patong Municipality and the Phuket Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) yesterday.

“The PEA chose to work with Patong Municipality because it is a primary tourist destination on the island; it drives the economy of Phuket,”said Panya Laochu, acting managing director of the PEA. “At present, tourists are faced with messy, disorganized cables that destroy the beauty of the area and are difficult to maintain.”

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-17

That's unfair. Why pick on the unsightly cables on Patongs beachfront road? They're unsightly, ugly (& dangerous) every bl**dy where.

Patong had the ideal opportunity to rectify this eyesore immediately following the 2014 tsunami. But I think we all know the reason why it didn't happen, the 'C' word. No, not that one...I mean the 'corruption' word; on second thoughts, the other one would be pretty much on the nail when describing those in charge during the past decade or so.

And since when have any authority anywhere in the LoS considered unsightly views? with cables, massive cr@ppy advertising billboards and unfinished/derelict condo projects everywhere.

My apologies, the authorities responsible for the massive debacles known as the underpass system in Phuket did consider this point. I believe they admitted the choise to go underground was because they considered overpasses unsightly (that 'c' word comes to mind again).

Well folks, that's my first 'rant' of the day over.

Merry Christmas and have safe and prosperous New Year

Where will all the Cable TV, Telephone and Internet lines and cables go?

There will be no Power Poles to support them.

I wonder if that was considered in the Memorandum?

Karon beach front cable went underground a couple of years ago, all the service companies had to put their lines underground. Looks pretty good now.

Where will all the Cable TV, Telephone and Internet lines and cables go?

There will be no Power Poles to support them.

I wonder if that was considered in the Memorandum?

Karon beach front cable went underground a couple of years ago, all the service companies had to put their lines underground. Looks pretty good now.

Good news. Where there's a will there's a way.