Advice Needed

Greetings

I just wanna know if any got some knowledge about the area of Chayiapuhm in Central Thailand regarding purchase of land. I know a lot of factors have to be considered..

I have been offered a plot in the outskirts of the town of Nong Bua Daeng, 50 km north of the city Chayiapuhm by my girlfriends aunt. Size is about half a rai, the land is filled to level and have already a house, electricity, water. The house will be removed before a sale. Its situated at a 2 lane paved road, direct acces. Asking price is 150.000 baht.

I am hoping someone have experience about land price in this region and can offer me some advice, mainly considering the price whether or not it sounds to be a fair deal.

Thanks in advance

JJ

As you say, it depends on alot of variables...but....in my opinion it sounds like alot to pay for a half a rai. On the outskirst of a village that is 50 km from the provincial capital I would think that you could get at least 2 rai for that much money....but maybe there is something special about the location. I live in the north in a village about 20km from the provincial capital about half a kilometre from a major road and rice land here costs about 80,000 baht per rai....so....even if you allocate 40,000 baht to fill the rice field up to road level you would be paying about 80,000 baht for half a rai........but then again maybe there is something more special about the land you are considering.

Unless you are determined that this is the place where you really want to live then I suggest that you look some more as I'm reasonably certain you could find a similar piece for less or a larger piece for the same price....we'll see what other posters say.

Chownah

Greetings

I just wanna know if any got some knowledge about the area of Chayiapuhm in Central Thailand regarding purchase of land. I know a lot of factors have to be considered..

I have been offered a plot in the outskirts of the town of Nong Bua Daeng, 50 km north of the city Chayiapuhm by my girlfriends aunt. Size is about half a rai, the land is filled to level and have already a house, electricity, water. The house will be removed before a sale. Its situated at a 2 lane paved road, direct acces. Asking price is 150.000 baht.

I am hoping someone have experience about land price in this region and can offer me some advice, mainly considering the price whether or not it sounds to be a fair deal.

Thanks in advance

JJ

My wife has two nieces from Nong Bua Daeng and they say the price is too mut...

Try to get someone else to inquire about the price, a local Thai...it may be two tier pricing or just high pricing. just out of curiosity, is your girlfriends name either Ann or Aor?

Nope, Name not Ann or Aor, my girlfriend is trustworthy.. (i hope) :o

Greetings

Thanks in advance

JJ

My wife has two nieces from Nong Bua Daeng and they say the price is too mut...

Try to get someone else to inquire about the price, a local Thai...it may be two tier pricing or just high pricing. just out of curiosity, is your girlfriends name either Ann or Aor?

• 4 years later...

How can anyone comment when we dont even know the title deed, electric and water are connected and already land is filled and seasoned.......what about transfer costs/taxes..whoes paying....about half rai..be more exact as it could be as little as 600sqm or as much as 1,000sqm.....a lot more is needed befor any serious advice could be given