Frenchman found dead with throat slashed in Udon Thani

webfact

Did they test the back route window/balcony for fingerprints. The room is on the first floor - easy way out for attacker.

Would they even have finger-print testing technology in this country???

Definitely a case of suicide, and another unwelcomed farang removed from this country.. case closed, move on !!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like suicide. He was able to cut his throat and throw away the glass and knife afterwards. w00t.gif RIP. coffee1.gif

And no traces.....please Google how many foreigners got killed in Udon Thani.Scary.bah.gif

a long time ago i had a girlfriend from udon thani.

she wanted to marry me. then i discovered that her family owed 200,000 THB and that i was expected to pay this off.

i discused the matter with another farang and his girlfriend who were in a nearby house.

i should not have done this. she told my girlfriend who then refused to sleep with me and threatened to have me killed.

it was late afternoon and too late to catch a bus out of the area so i stayed in the family house.

i left the lght on all night, put pillows in the bed, and sat in an armchair facing the door but hidden.

in the morning i just left. she later finished me and i believe is still working in pattaya looking for a victim.

the father was peaceful enough but you never can tell.

it is always money and lots of it.

falungs do get attacked if the money is not paid.

Welcome to Isaan

Sounds like suicide. He was able to cut his throat and throw away the glass and knife afterwards. w00t.gif RIP. coffee1.gif

And no traces.....please Google how many foreigners got killed in Udon Thani.Scary.bah.gif

she wanted to marry me. then i discovered that her family owed 200,000 THB and that i was expected to pay this off.

i discused the matter with another farang and his girlfriend who were in a nearby house.

i should not have done this. she told my girlfriend who then refused to sleep with me and threatened to have me killed.

it was late afternoon and too late to catch a bus out of the area so i stayed in the family house.

i left the lght on all night, put pillows in the bed, and sat in an armchair facing the door but hidden.

in the morning i just left. she later finished me and i believe is still working in pattaya looking for a victim.

Lesson nr. 1, don't discuss family matter with the neighbor, especially when it's about debt.

Thai people lose face big time and you end up dead.

Just walk away when they try to rip you off.

From Stickboy site "The man had sustained multiple wounds to the head, hands and body with a 10cm gash on the right side of his neck" ... this doesn't sound like a suicide to me but then again I am not an armchair detective like many here on TV.

of course these are no signs of struggle with somebody else. He struggled hard in order to slash his throat by all himself. I don't want to sound like an armchair detective, but at least I expect a team that calls itself "forensics" to do a proper job or stay at home watching soap.

Another cold blooded murder of a farang the famous Royal Thai Police can't be tempted to solve.

Shame, big shame.

Edited by crazygreg44

From Stickboy site "The man had sustained multiple wounds to the head, hands and body with a 10cm gash on the right side of his neck" ... this doesn't sound like a suicide to me but then again I am not an armchair detective like many here on TV.

Are you talking about the bar stool detectives?

They solve all the crimes after having a bottle of whiskey. clap2.gif

53-year-old, whose name is being withheld.......

The man has been identified, how come his name is being withheld?

Just curious

A suspicious person might assume they want him cremated before the next of kin are able to ask for a proper autopsy, but I personally think they are just respecting his privacy as Thais are wont to do...

Welcome to Isaan

Sounds like they had already promised to pay off the loan very shortly banking on you being yet another mug. You weren't, They lost face and you had a very near miss. It wouldn't matter how peaceful the immediate family is, Every village has a butcher with hungry dogs.

Presumably, you were a newbie at the time and had no understanding of the significance of Thais losing face. They always cause their own loss of face but can only redeem themselves by revenge against whomever made the issue public that they suffered lost face from. It is as if it was such a falsehood that they had to kill you and everybody understands and the face needle returns to zero.

according to the police reporting,

"Pieces of broken glass were also found there. There were no traces of a struggle, police said.

The man had sustained a severe wound to the right side of his throat which was about 10cm long, There were also wounds to the fingers of both hands, forensic officers said. "

So, cuts on both hands are never signs of struggling with somebody who holds a knife ready to slash your throat?

Where did the forensics learn their job, in a kindergarden building LEGO castles?

No report on a knife found, so how do you slash your throat left handed with a piece of broken glas, if the glas was the weapon?

These are not forensics the police employs, these guys should do a different job as they are obviously not fit for doing forensic research.

The report also shows a picture of the room, it is on ground level, and there's a large slide door leading to the outside, and guess what, i bet it was just pushed close after the murderer left, but our forensics didn't mind because the chain indicated a better motif which would be a quicker end to all the work they are supposed to do. Give the press an easy explanation and close the case, everything else would be too much work.

Well done Sherlock.

So many different possibilities but from your vantage point you see all.

I have not seen anyone mention it but what if he was drunk, went to the bathroom to pee and the bathroom being a wet room had a slippy floor. Fell and the bottle in his hand broke and cut him.

Someone I know just had 8 stitches in her wrist falling over sober with a bottle in her hand. Looked like she had tried to slash her wrist open.

I for one have fallen over drunk before.

Just a thought

Edited by Trexpat

Agreed. The wounds to his hands would usually be highly suspect as defensive wounds. Also if I guy just wanted to off himself I can't see him doing all of the other wounds to the body.

I wish there'd be a proper investigation.

Another open and shut case of suicide for this guy. Chained on the inside will be their reasoning. Forget that it is one of the hardest ways to kill yourself. Slicing your own throat is not an easy task both physically and mentally

You never know,...In a friends apartment building my town in Europe, one day they found a girl at the entrance bleeding profusely. she had knife wounds all over her doddy. She was rushed to the hospital were she told investigators that she was attacked by a man and stabbed several times...As the investigation got on the way she confessed to have inflicted the wounds herself. she was in desperate need of attention....!!!!?!?!?

Best regards. Off Road pat

according to the police reporting,

"Pieces of broken glass were also found there. There were no traces of a struggle, police said.

The man had sustained a severe wound to the right side of his throat which was about 10cm long, There were also wounds to the fingers of both hands, forensic officers said. "

So, cuts on both hands are never signs of struggling with somebody who holds a knife ready to slash your throat?

Where did the forensics learn their job, in a kindergarden building LEGO castles?

No report on a knife found, so how do you slash your throat left handed with a piece of broken glas, if the glas was the weapon?

These are not forensics the police employs, these guys should do a different job as they are obviously not fit for doing forensic research.

The report also shows a picture of the room, it is on ground level, and there's a large slide door leading to the outside, and guess what, i bet it was just pushed close after the murderer left, but our forensics didn't mind because the chain indicated a better motif which would be a quicker end to all the work they are supposed to do. Give the press an easy explanation and close the case, everything else would be too much work.

Well done Sherlock.

So many different possibilities but from your vantage point you see all.

I have not seen anyone mention it but what if he was drunk, went to the bathroom to pee and the bathroom being a wet room had a slippy floor. Fell and the bottle in his hand broke and cut him.

Someone I know just had 8 stitches in her wrist falling over sober with a bottle in her hand. Looked like she had tried to slash her wrist open.

I for one have fallen over drunk before.

Just a thought

Drunk, on hands and knees, broken glass, cuts. Possible

Agreed. The wounds to his hands would usually be highly suspect as defensive wounds. Also if I guy just wanted to off himself I can't see him doing all of the other wounds to the body.

I wish there'd be a proper investigation.

Well luckily the RTP has devoted major resources to solving this crime.

They have crammed so many police officers into that small room, including senior officers with extra braid on their hats. They surely will not miss even the slightest shred of forensic evidence.

Did they test the back route window/balcony for fingerprints. The room is on the first floor - easy way out for attacker.

How about fingerprints on the beer bottles?

Edited by Pimay1