Frenchman found dead with throat slashed in Udon Thani

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like suicide. He was able to cut his throat and throw away the glass and knife afterwards. w00t.gif RIP. coffee1.gif

And no traces.....please Google how many foreigners got killed in Udon Thani.Scary.bah.gif

I believe much more are getting killed in Pattaya.

As I am living and staying in Isaan for a while already I think he was murdered. Interesting would be to know how long he has been staying in Udon already. Was he broke and possible asked for his money back from his lady? Maybe he had to move from his mansion to a cheap room after he got screwed my his lady and the family.

The investigation should just start but it wasn't a suicide.

This is my first post. I've been reading Thai Visa for a year or so now and finally decided to take part.

My observations thus far show that it's best to read what has been said before; secondly and perhaps most importantly 'put the brain in gear before you take off'.

This story spurred me to join and comment. I find it disturbing the number of suicides I read about. Obviously it's an easy way out for the police etc, but I have a personal view that may explain the frequency of actual suicides; A male of any age in Thailand can imagine himself in 'Paradise' as long as he can financially support his habit. The truth of the reality when the money runs out could be so disillusioning that the ultimate exit is the only way to go.

Thai ladies are the most beautiful in the world and can please a man beyond his pre-Thai expectations. Sadly this sensuous erotic quality is matched by a ruthlessly financial aspect. I've been here on and off for four years and i'm still in love with the place and the people. I've had relationships with some beautiful Thai women and a few heartbreaks. The hard fact is that to varying degrees money is a vital part of any relationship. Some do try rip you with stories of sick family buffaloes but I have been lucky. My first bar girl 'girlfriend' in Patong wouldn't let us catch a taxi back to my hotel, "too expensive, we get motorbike taxi ". She zealously guarded any of my expenditure that wasn't going to her.

Anyway, sorry, I have drifted from the topic. My first impulse was to suggest an obvious case of suicide. But that is an old joke now. I think there is a big opening for an investigative journalist in Thailand to write full stories about this types of case.

according to the police reporting,

"Pieces of broken glass were also found there. There were no traces of a struggle, police said.

The man had sustained a severe wound to the right side of his throat which was about 10cm long, There were also wounds to the fingers of both hands, forensic officers said. "

So, cuts on both hands are never signs of struggling with somebody who holds a knife ready to slash your throat?

Where did the forensics learn their job, in a kindergarden building LEGO castles?

No report on a knife found, so how do you slash your throat left handed with a piece of broken glas, if the glas was the weapon?

These are not forensics the police employs, these guys should do a different job as they are obviously not fit for doing forensic research.

The report also shows a picture of the room, it is on ground level, and there's a large slide door leading to the outside, and guess what, i bet it was just pushed close after the murderer left, but our forensics didn't mind because the chain indicated a better motif which would be a quicker end to all the work they are supposed to do. Give the press an easy explanation and close the case, everything else would be too much work.

This is quite odd. It seems that instead of having open verdicts, they give a possible, yet unlikely "verdict" and that's the end of it. Having said this, please let's not forget that if the tables were turned, there wouldn't even have been a story to hear about. If you put a body in a hole here, no one will ever find it. The lazy bastards even dump bodies in rivers without bothering to weigh them down for <deleted> sake.

There was this case not so many years' ago when this hit man was sent to Koh Pagnan, and he was seen coming and killed by the would be target. They just left him rotting on a bit of land for people to find the very next day. In a normal country, getting rid of bodies is one of the three pillars of the assassin's doctrine: 1. availability of target; 2. disposal of body; and, 3. means of preventing detection (alibis, etc.). Hilariously, here, they go for the 'make it look like an accident' without bothering with all of the basics. It's like trying to run before you can walk, a bit like the driving. Obviously in neither case is the "accident theory" plausible to anyone

Graphic pictures of the crime scene on stickboy.......yuuk! If that was a suicide its the most bizarre one since the cops claimed a farang with a plastic bag over his head and hands tied was also a suspected suicide. (several years ago).

He literally bled out in the bathroom and ended up in the front room.

What was he doing in a dormitory?

sound like he meet my old girl friend ,takes all your money goes back to her thai husband when she's cleaned you out ,i nearly jumped of the 5 floor ,instead i changed models ,still out if life has got better wish i gone to the isle of

white not thailand

Never seen a forum in my life with so many sick cynic members.

Funny. I see most of the people here as pragmatic. There is the occasional odd duck, and the native trying to squeeze out a free English lesson.

However you see them, or anyone else sees them, they are a justifiable reaction to the environment, and a warning to those that may come here.

Consider it a public service announcement. coffee1.gif

sound like he meet my old girl friend ,takes all your money goes back to her thai husband when she's cleaned you out ,i nearly jumped of the 5 floor ,instead i changed models ,still out if life has got better wish i gone to the isle of

white not thailand

Youre not supposed to mention Thai husbands/boyfriends on any topic or subject on farang forums expecially this one.

Farangs (married) get very upset.whistling.gif

Edited by jalansanitwong

Sounds like suicide. He was able to cut his throat and throw away the glass and knife afterwards. w00t.gif RIP. coffee1.gif

And no traces.....please Google how many foreigners got killed in Udon Thani.Scary.bah.gif

I believe much more are getting killed in Pattaya.

Would never happen in Pattaya, we only cater to quality tourists. Hard working quality tourists with loving families to go back home to. No suicides here, just unfortunate accidents like falling on a knife multiple times or slipping off a balcony at the Hilton hotel.

53-year-old, whose name is being withheld.......

The man has been identified, how come his name is being withheld?

Just curious

Maybe they wish to alert his next of kin before his name is plastered all over the place.

....Maybe a bit of sensitivity and consideration for the family at last.

white not thailand

:lol:

The photo shows the police all stomping about in their daytime clothes, ruining any evedence there may be. Typical Thai.

There was a dead guy found in a locked room before in my condo building

It took ages to break the door open because the police had to call a locksmith and by the time the locksmith could open all the locks a large croud had gathered outside

Everyone else in the building was allowed to go in and have a look as soon as the door was opened

This included security guards, nosey neighbours and maids and monks, office girls etc

There was nothing forensic done I think, even though I don't know if he could have locked all those locks from the inside, the body was decomposed so the smell was terrible and the police didn't want want to be in that room anymore than anyone else so I think they called a gang of monks to get the body

I am a regular traveller around Thailand and a visitor to many provincial areas, particularly in Isaan, to enjoy the culture and visit long time friends. I guess I should now cross Udon Thani off my list. My list is getting shorter and shorter by the year so I guess eventually it will be so short there will no point in me coming to Thailand anymore and bringing my spending money with me. If the reports in Thai Visa are anything to go by it seems increasingly certain I will be rewarded with death either on the roads or at the hands of a violent desperado mugger or raving lunatic or yaba addict if i continue with the same lifestyle in the LoS. I think I need to reconsider my travel arrangements. TAT please take note.

I am a regular traveller around Thailand and a visitor to many provincial areas, particularly in Isaan, to enjoy the culture and visit long time friends. I guess I should now cross Udon Thani off my list. My list is getting shorter and shorter by the year so I guess eventually it will be so short there will no point in me coming to Thailand anymore and bringing my spending money with me. If the reports in Thai Visa are anything to go by it seems increasingly certain I will be rewarded with death either on the roads or at the hands of a violent desperado mugger or raving lunatic or yaba addict if i continue with the same lifestyle in the LoS. I think I need to reconsider my travel arrangements. TAT please take note.

I think this last post is a bit extreme. You are concluding that you are certain you will be rewarded with death via these reports?

A couple of things to consider.

1. What makes news? Are the thousands that enjoy the culture in Isaan have a great time and go on perfectly fine, are they reported in the news or would that seem quite boring? Of course the news reports the horrific, that's news !.

2. You put yourself in the poorest part of the country and in the poorest type of accommodations, you might look like an easy (somewhat wealthy) target to someone who is extremely dirt poor. Pays to be a smarter traveler. I agree with you that you might think twice about coming here if all you can afford is a shared hostel room in Udon.

Don't talk bo$$$$ks.:lol:

Left or right handed , slash ? Self hypnosis ? A thousand years of Samurai culture of committing seppeku ( hair kari ) and most of them could not complete the ritual of plunging a knife into the stomach ,

how some one slashes their own throat what would the odds be on being able to do that 1-6million ?

My great grandfather did it, in front of his family. One in a million eh. Or 6 million.

sorry to hear that

Left or right handed , slash ? Self hypnosis ? A thousand years of Samurai culture of committing seppeku ( hair kari ) and most of them could not complete the ritual of plunging a knife into the stomach ,

how some one slashes their own throat what would the odds be on being able to do that 1-6million ?

My great grandfather did it, in front of his family. One in a million eh. Or 6 million.

sorry to hear that.

sorry to hear that

Cheers, but never knew him, apparently being pissed up at the time didn't help!