Are There Any Issues Getting Multiple Non-im O Visas?

I am recently married to a Thai and we have a baby due at the end of next month.

I am going to Singapore at the end of of the month to get a first non-Im O marriage visa. I am hoping to get a 1 year multi entry. If this is not possible and I get a 90 day non-Im O visa. Can I just go and get another when it expires? I have enough funds for me and the family to live here very comfortably but as I am not working at the moment I don't qualify for the 1 year extension.

We would be looking to go back to the UK next summer. But I would like some stability in knowing that I can stay here until then!

Also if I got a 1 year multi entry, do I just have to cross a border and come back again? - sounds like a dumb question, but I wouldn't want to lose it by not following the correct procedure.

thanks for any advise!

I am recently married to a Thai and we have a baby due at the end of next month.

I am going to Singapore at the end of of the month to get a first non-Im O marriage visa. I am hoping to get a 1 year multi entry. If this is not possible and I get a 90 day non-Im O visa. Can I just go and get another when it expires? I have enough funds for me and the family to live here very comfortably but as I am not working at the moment I don't qualify for the 1 year extension.

We would be looking to go back to the UK next summer. But I would like some stability in knowing that I can stay here until then!

Also if I got a 1 year multi entry, do I just have to cross a border and come back again? - sounds like a dumb question, but I wouldn't want to lose it by not following the correct procedure.

thanks for any advise!

You will still have to meet the 400,000 baht qualifier.

You will still have to meet the 400,000 baht qualifier.

what is this for? I thought that there wasn't a 400,000 baht qualifier and that it was 40,000 a month earnings qualified by either your embassy or tax recipts / work permit if earned inside Thai?

Am very confused now!

You dont need to show any money when applying for a (Non Immigrant 'O" visa) from an embassy or consulate. However, the embassy in Singapore told me they will also issue a ( Marriage "O" visa ) and if you are after that visa, you need to show 800,000 in a Thai bank. But that does not apply if you want the "non Immigrant O visa". However, before your Non Immigrant visa expires, if you want t oextend it, that is when you need to go to Thai immigration and show them your funds. If you cant extend it before it expires, just go to an embassy or consulate again and get another one.

thanks for any advise!

Singapore might not be a good place. Many of my friends only get single entry and for 90 days only.

You dont need to show any money when applying for a (Non Immigrant 'O" visa) from an embassy or consulate. However, the embassy in Singapore told me they will also issue a ( Marriage "O" visa ) and if you are after that visa, you need to show 800,000 in a Thai bank.

is a Marriage "O" visa the same as a 1 year multi entry?

I don't have a problem with putting the money in a Thai bank account if it will be of benifit. But I am a bit wary of putting it in if it is only recognised by certain embassies and I end up on a limited stay visa.

No. there are many visas that will be an "O" visa, thats whats confusing.

The one you want, the Non Immigrant Multiple Entry O, you do not need to show any money, because you can only stay for up to 90 days per entry unless you get an extension.

But the Marriage O visa, you need to show money because after you get this visa im under the impression that you do not need to do visa runs anymore, just report to immigration.

thanks for any advise!

Embassies and consulates issue 3 month non-imm visas and one year multiple entry non-imm visas. A one year multi entry non-imm visa can be veiwed as being 4 X 3 month non-imm visas in one.

Every 3 months just do a border run. Before the actual expiry date of the visa you can do a border run and receive another 3 months stay bringing you a total of 15 months.

Embassies and consulates issue 3 month non-imm visas and one year multiple entry non-imm visas. A one year multi entry non-imm visa can be veiwed as being 4 X 3 month non-imm visas in one.

Every 3 months just do a border run. Before the actual expiry date of the visa you can do a border run and receive another 3 months stay bringing you a total of 15 months.

Ah great,

That sounds like the one to go for.

cheers,

:o

Singapore might not be a good place. Many of my friends only get single entry and for 90 days only.

For an initial one year non-immigrant O "Married man's visa", Singapore is just fine. Just bring the required documentation (copy of marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID, passport, and 2x4 cm passport photo of yourself).

You can get a one year, multi-entry non-immigrant O visa for $220 SGD (5200 baht).

Drop paperwork off between 09:15 and 12:15 Mon-Friday, pick up passport and visa next business day anytime after 2:00 p.m. and before 4:15 p.m.

Cheap airfare from BKK on Air Asia - two people, round trip, 10k baht.

My own experience in Singapore was very positive - as long as you show up well prepared (with documentation), you should have no problem.

Income requirements do not kick in until you go to extend your O visa - in the case of the one year O, a year from the date of issue.

Thats good news, I have just booked my flight. I can't take my wife with me as she is 8 months pregnant! :o

I just got my first non immigrant O single entry from Penang.

Is it right that I can return to Penang and that they will give me a multi entry visa the second time round? If yes, will I have to show evidence of funds and can I go to Singapore or Kl instead to get a multi?

Seems that Penang are not issuing ANY multi-entry visas of any type B or O (of course I can't find the thread now).

Other posters have reported that Singapore are (were) doing multi non-o's earlier this week.

Hull (a long way to go) are definately still doing multis (got an email today confirming).

I am little bit confused.. I will do it in my country in about 5 days..

for non immigration O multy entry(I merried to thai of course) .

Do I need to show money? (the 400K )?

I thought that no need.. thats the whole idea whats good in this visa..right?

and its 1 year but need to go border every 3 months.

I think that is the thing with the multi entry visa. Technically you are not "living" in Thai you are just visiting (for upto 3 months). You do not have to report to immigration every 3 months, you have to leave the country when it expires and when you re-enter (rather quickly), you are on a new visa (That happened to be issued at the same time as the first). So there is no need to prove your income as you are just visiting agian.

Well this is what I am hoping anyway :o:D

Edited by johnong

I am little bit confused.. I will do it in my country in about 5 days..

for non immigration O multy entry(I merried to thai of course) .

Do I need to show money? (the 400K )?

I thought that no need.. thats the whole idea whats good in this visa..right?

and its 1 year but need to go border every 3 months.

You don't normally have to show money (depends upon the embassy / consulate), can't hurt to have bank statements (home country and / or Thai) with you, but DO NOT offer them unless asked.

If you get a multi-entry you need to do a border run every 90 days, if you do the last one just before the 'use by' date of your visa you can get an extra 90 days giving a total of up to 15 months in Thailand :o

Thats good news, I have just booked my flight. I can't take my wife with me as she is 8 months pregnant! :o

I just got my first non immigrant O single entry from Penang.

Ok, this just gets more and more confusing. This poster says he just got a Non 0 visa in Penang. The next poster, oh yes, posted on the same day says that Penang is not issuing ANY immigrant visas.

I have a phone number and will call the Embassy in Penang of monday. If that number is good, I will ask if they are doing the Non Imm 0 multi marriage visas or not.

I need to get mine before next week.

I know better than to complain about the way things are done in Thailand. Just falls on deaf ears anyway.

If someone knows the real story,of wheter or not Penang is issuing immi visas, let me know.

J

If someone knows the real story,of wheter or not Penang is issuing immi visas, let me know.

They are giving a single 90 day visa. They are not giving one year multi entry visas.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You guys are the best you know. Correct and accurate answers everytime.

Thank you , thank you thank you.

I will be going to Laos now unstead of Penang. You just saved me a bunch of money.

I'll buy you a beer next time I am in BKK

I will be going to Laos now unstead of Penang. You just saved me a bunch of money.

Thanks for the nice words and the beer. :o

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

They are giving a single 90 day visa. They are not giving one year multi entry visas.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What do you hope to get in Laos? A 1 year Multiple Entry?

I'm not sure if they issue 1 year multi entry non immigrant visa's in Laos in any catagory.

I think you would have better luck in Singapore or KL. I know Singapore has been issueing 1 year multiple entry non immigrant type "O" visa's lately.

Im going there next week to try to get one, so ill let you know how it goes. But if its a 1 year non immigrant visa your after, i would strongly recomend you call the consulate in Laos before going there...............

Edited by aussiestyle1983

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I'm not sure if they issue 1 year multi entry non immigrant visa's in Laos in any catagory.

I think you would have better luck in Singapore or KL. I know Singapore has been issueing 1 year multiple entry non immigrant type "O" visa's lately.

Im going there next week to try to get one, so ill let you know how it goes. But if its a 1 year non immigrant visa your after, i would strongly recomend you call the consulate in Laos before going there...............

I know that Lao only hands out 90 single entry Non O visas.

OK, I have been reading and reading everything and am still confused. so what's new.

I got a 90 day visa in Lao 4 months ago. 2,000 baht plus a night in Lao. When I came through the border check point they stamped "used" on the visa.

What I have read seems to say that I can apply for a one year extension of that visa. In Nong Kai, for 500 baht. How can that be if they stamped the visa "used"?

If I leave the country every 90 days and have to pay that 2,000 baht over and over, that;s a crock of s****

So....can I extend the 90 day? I am married and can proved all the crap they want at immigration.

Thanks guys.

I'm planning a visa run to Singapore soon for a non-imm O and was sorting through my documents separating all the originals and photocopies. Wife started looking through them and noticed that the photocopy of her ID card was out of date (It's been over two years since I last had a non-imm O)

The card on the photocopy had expired two years ago. Lucky for me that I didn't try and show this at the consulate.

Question is, had I noticed this myself only after leaving BKK and prior to going to the consulate, could I have showed instead only my childrens birth certificates and house registration for applying for a non-imm O? Would any other documents have been needed?

Just curious.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I know that Lao only hands out 90 single entry Non O visas.

OK, I have been reading and reading everything and am still confused. so what's new.

I got a 90 day visa in Lao 4 months ago. 2,000 baht plus a night in Lao. When I came through the border check point they stamped "used" on the visa.

What I have read seems to say that I can apply for a one year extension of that visa. In Nong Kai, for 500 baht. How can that be if they stamped the visa "used"?

If I leave the country every 90 days and have to pay that 2,000 baht over and over, that;s a crock of s****

So....can I extend the 90 day? I am married and can proved all the crap they want at immigration.

Thanks guys.

Yes, you can extend the visa if you meet the requirements. The stamp "used" on the visa only means you used it to enter the country, which you did, but as long as your visa is still valid and has not expired, you can go to immigration and try to extend it. If they wont extend it for you at immigration, you have to leave again and get a new visa, and repeat that process...........

If you got it four months ago, it has expired unless you had applied for an extension of stay.

The visa itself has been used but they issued you a 90 day entry stamp. Check your passport. The extension of stay off that 90 day stamp is 1,900 Baht.

Thanks guys.

If ithe 90 day stamp is still valid, you can.

Question is, had I noticed this myself only after leaving BKK and prior to going to the consulate, could I have showed instead only my childrens birth certificates and house registration for applying for a non-imm O? Would any other documents have been needed?

Every Embassy/ Consulate is different in what they require. They in most cases want to see the ID card, household registration and marriage certificate.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi all,

So, when my 3 X 4 visa (one year multi entry non-imm visa) expires (15 months), where can I re-new for a same new “one year multi entry non-imm visa”??

In Kuala Lumpur or Singapore or …..

I guess the best country is back home, but something more close by???

Thx

Edited by jimmy5L

I would like to add a question to this thread if you don't mind.

Regarding the Multiple entry 'O' and the exiting/entering of country every 90 days. I keep getting told by somel people that this activity falls into the same category as the border runners they are wanting to catch. If that is true, and that is if only, then it would mean two 90-day stays followed by a 90-day expulsion/vacation from Thailand.

Is there any accuracy to this as it relates to the Non-Imm 'O' and multiple entry versions of it?

So many confusing issues regarding these new rules. :o

Thanks,

Dr. B

I would like to add a question to this thread if you don't mind.

Regarding the Multiple entry 'O' and the exiting/entering of country every 90 days. I keep getting told by somel people that this activity falls into the same category as the border runners they are wanting to catch. If that is true, and that is if only, then it would mean two 90-day stays followed by a 90-day expulsion/vacation from Thailand.

Is there any accuracy to this as it relates to the Non-Imm 'O' and multiple entry versions of it?

So many confusing issues regarding these new rules. :o

Thanks,

Dr. B

No

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com