Safe Paid Parking in Jomtien?

henrik2000

I am not a resident of any VT condo, but for an outsider just to use their parking space is illegal, and just the wrong thing to do, very bad advice given by the previous poster.

There's literally dozens of empty spaces, plus several abandoned cars, I'm sure VT management would neither know or care if someone took up a space for 7 days. You could be there staying with a resident or short term rental, there are no allocated spaces, so you'd affect nobody, but if you really feel that it's doing the wrong thing, ask at reception if you can pay to park there. Up to you.

Edited by giddyup

I am not a resident of any VT condo, but for an outsider just to use their parking space is illegal, and just the wrong thing to do, very bad advice given by the previous poster.

There's literally dozens of empty spaces, plus several abandoned cars, I'm sure VT management would neither know or care if someone took up a space for 7 days. You could be there staying with a resident or short term rental, there are no allocated spaces, so you'd affect nobody, but if you really feel that it's doing the wrong thing, ask at reception if you can pay to park there. Up to you.

Asking permission is a much better idea, at least doing it this way the management / security would be aware of the situation.

Just park in one of the View Talay car parks, there are always plenty of spaces, not under cover, but find a shady tree.

You may come back to find your car clamped.

Some of the VT buildings do not take kindly to outsiders using their car parks.

Thanks all for interesting suggestions and arguments. Meanwhile i discovered that one temple allows parking for a reasonable daily rate. The ghosts will surely keep baddies at bay? There's also big parking next to Rompho square, at least before midnight it's lit up.

Just park in one of the View Talay car parks, there are always plenty of spaces, not under cover, but find a shady tree.

I have left my car at VT on many, many occasions and got the baht bus into Pattaya rather than drive and never had a problem. Never heard of anyone getting clamped either as there's dozens of empty spaces and no allocation of parking spots, don't even know how management would know who owns which car. There's also dozens of abandoned motorbikes around the back, some have been there years by the look of them.

I have left my car at VT on many, many occasions and got the baht bus into Pattaya rather than drive and never had a problem. Never heard of anyone getting clamped either as there's dozens of empty spaces and no allocation of parking spots, don't even know how management would know who owns which car. There's also dozens of abandoned motorbikes around the back, some have been there years by the look of them.

That is not the point, this "Cuckoo Syndrome " is selfish thinking at it's best. Unless you are a V.T. resident, you have absolutely no rights to use their common area facilities. Security, area maintenance etc is paid for by the co-owners yearly dues, why would anyone think they can just use them free of charge.

In my Condominium, all vehicle parking, both undercover and outside, is monitored by webcam, and ID stickers, any vehicle in breach of these rules would have a written notice stuck on their screen asking them to report to the management within 24 hours, failure to comply would result in the vehicle being clamped, if the "offender" had no parking rights, a Baht 5000 fine would be charged for the removal of the clamp.

That is not the point, this "Cuckoo Syndrome " is selfish thinking at it's best. Unless you are a V.T. resident, you have absolutely no rights to use their common area facilities. Security, area maintenance etc is paid for by the co-owners yearly dues, why would anyone think they can just use them free of charge.

In my Condominium, all vehicle parking, both undercover and outside, is monitored by webcam, and ID stickers, any vehicle in breach of these rules would have a written notice stuck on their screen asking them to report to the management within 24 hours, failure to comply would result in the vehicle being clamped, if the "offender" had no parking rights, a Baht 5000 fine would be charged for the removal of the clamp.

If management were so concerned they would issue residents with stickers for their cars, they'd also remove some of the abandoned cars that I know for a fact have been there for many years, but they don't care. Anyway, end of subject as far as I'm concerned, this post is asking for suggestions of where to leave a car for 7 days, up to the OP to decide.

Edited by giddyup