Trailer truck catches fire on busy Phuket highway

rooster59

Trailer truck catches fire on busy Phuket highway

post-247607-0-47421500-1450530334_thumb.

It took for four fire teams 20 minutes to put out the fire in the truck's cabin.

PHUKET: A trailer truck caught fire on bypass rd in front of Premium Outlet earlier today (Dec 19) and it took four fire engines to put out the blaze. No injuries have been reported and the cost of damage has yet to be determine.

Four fire engines from Rassada and Koh Kaew municipalities were sent to bypass rd this afternoon to help put out a fire which had engulfed the cabin of a trailer truck carrying iron rods. It took firemen 20 minutes to put the fire out.

The cab of the truck was completely burnt out, but the trailer was undamaged and driver suffered no injuries.

Lt Kamalas Niyomkhet from the Traffic Police division said they were notified of the fire at 1:30 pm. The truck had come from Bangkok and was en-route to D-Day Power Tools in Chalong when the fire started.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/trailer-truck-catches-fire-on-busy-phuket-highway-55487.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-19

Im a bit of topic here but I have recently seen at times several trucks parked on the bypass road between Tesco Lotus and Darasamut underpass, whats that about, they make unnecessary dangerous traffic situations and seems to get away with it because the numbers increase!

this is what happens when your brake pads are gone...

lots of friction.

i ride a motorcycle on the main highways in Thailand. I can now ID the smell of every part of a Thai vehicle that is burning up as they drive along. Brakes, transmission, engine. Plastics burning, oil, fluids. And grinding sounds. Brakes are the number one sound.

blue smoke pouring off the back.

extremely common.

Edited by NCC1701A