Western man stabbed to death, Koh Phangan street market.

Reports from my wife a Thai 'crazy' man randomly stabbed a foreigner today, in Thongsala.

This happened close to the police booth at the pier, in broad daylight during the popular 'walking street' market, held every Saturday afternoon.

The man apparently died before a boat could take him to Samui. The crazy was arrested, hopefully buried in the jungle by now...

RIP - what a damned horrible, pointless way to go. sad.png

Sorry but I have not heard anything further other than that the victim was with his pregnant wife, and the attack sounds pretty gruesome with the victims arm being severed.

Just one point, the incident was described to my wife by a Myanmar lady who saw it happen so I am providing third hand news here - I don't usually like to do this but felt such occurrences should not be allowed to slip past unnoticed - in the interests of tourist numbers...

I do not want to sensationalize here, but rather just remind people there are no proper mental-health facilities in Thailand so be warned -it is possible a lunatic like this one could be standing right next to you when he has a psychotic attack...

Some people are easily kept in the dark...

In what universe would someone make up such a bizarre story?

OR could you not resist the urge to posture and show off your amazing pic?

Perhaps you are just lost - this isn't Facebook - this forum is for adults, not kids competing for oneupmanship and 'likes'...

Enjoy the tipple, but be careful it is obviously clouding your brain.

I have lived in Thiongsala for 10 years already so the likelihood I would make up a story for my own entertainment is well, zero. You clearly are out to make a point but it is obvious to all it is most likely Chang speaking...

Keep up the childish pic posting, it seems to amuse you at least.

I am stunned that something like this could happen and no news is leaked, but your weak attempts at humor just make the whole thing seem trivial - personally I am more concerned that this is being kept so quiet.

This thread is closed as it is based on unconfirmed rumors.

I have got information from the diplomatic corps that it never happened and they should have been informed as per any foreigners death.

If you have prof of anything else please PM me.