Xriz

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go somewhere less boring maybe.

Well deserved. Bkk is not boring at all I agree. I just hope there are some people who understand me and give some real advise. Your answer is just an easy score. That's ok though, I do the same to other people.

This probably belongs in the "I'm Too Fat" forum (a health forum) but sadly most of what you'll get there is morality lectures and mocking insults. Anyway, boredom is probably linked to depression which is linked to weight gain. The drinking? Maybe start with describing what you drink in a typical day. Then there is food. What do you eat in a typical day? Exercise matters too but not as much as food/drink intake. Good luck.

I suppose it's also worth considering if moving to Thailand was a trigger for these negative developments, maybe you should consider leaving.

Edited by Jingthing

Go somewhere less boring maybe.

Well deserved. Bkk is not boring at all I agree. I just hope there are some people who understand me and give some real advise. Your answer is just an easy score. That's ok though, I do the same to other people.

Need to know your situation?

Married? Girlfriend? Single? Working?

Wow people here are really picking my brain. I was looking for a more general solution. But ok. Came here because I love Asia, always have loved Asia since I was young, can't explain why really. On and off with the gf, not a really good relationship but she is really pretty so hard to let go, silly I know. Don't know what that has to do with my question though...because everybody here has a beautiful gf.

I fell into the same pattern about 10 years ago, drinking a lot, not doing much, eating the wrong foods. I started jogging, bought a bicycle to ride around the parks near my apt, but then decided to ride it everywhere, cut out the drinking and bad food. Took about 6 months to get into shape. Lost a lot of weight.

Boredom is a danger, you might be eating comfort food or drinking lots to alleviate it, in which case you might want to consider relocating if the problem doesn't go away. Many foreigners develop health problems in Thailand as they find life unsatisfying and make the wrong choices. Its an easy trap to fall into when so many others fall into it too.

Edited by Deserted

I fell into the same pattern about 10 years ago, drinking a lot, not doing much, eating the wrong foods. I started jogging, bought a bicycle to ride around the parks near my apt, but then decided to ride it everywhere, cut out the drinking and bad food. Took about 6 months to get into shape. Lost a lot of weight.

Yeah that's kind of the advice I gave myself. Cut the drinking and be more active. Sounds so easy...

Yeah that's kind of the advice I gave myself. Cut the drinking and be more active. Sounds so easy...

It requires commitment and patience. It gets easier when you start to see the results but ultimately it is a lifestyle change, as just stopping something for a limited period of time won't help in the long run. You need to get into sports and clubs, there are lots of them if you look.

Boredom is a danger, you might be eating comfort food or drinking lots to alleviate it, in which case you might want to consider relocating if the problem doesn't go away. Many foreigners develop health problems in Thailand as they find life unsatisfying and make the wrong choices. Its an easy trap to fall into when so many others fall into it too.

Auch. Spot on. But I don't want to leave. That's why I opened this topic. Help! For sure other people experienced the same and came through.

Wow people here are really picking my brain. I was looking for a more general solution. But ok. Came here because I love Asia, always have loved Asia since I was young, can't explain why really. On and off with the gf, not a really good relationship but she is really pretty so hard to let go, silly I know. Don't know what that has to do with my question though...because everybody here has a beautiful gf.

Not everyone

I've seen some guys with real oinkers. You know what I mean. They must've been really drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So lifestyle change then.

I've been thinking about joining badminton. I'm not to bad with this sport. The problem is transferring thinking in to doing.

It's a start but ultimately weight loss is more about reducing what you put into your body. You'll need to do both. Btw, apart from feel better, you'll probably start saving money. I know many people in BKK who go straight down the bars after work, blow most of their salary in those places and aren't in great shape either.

Not everyone

I've seen some guys with real oinkers. You know what I mean. They must've been really drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but I want to keep it friendly. Everybody here thinks they have miss universe including me.

I find each day starts and is affected by the time I go to bed. Go to bed by a set time. Make it a habit. Change to a healthy breakfast, I love oats, soy milk with banana. Then add a gym visit 90 mins after breakie. You'll love yourself so much by now you will want a healthy lunch. See where I'm going? Build a healthy life. It takes time, but its all about habits. One at a time.

So lifestyle change then.

I've been thinking about joining badminton. I'm not to bad with this sport. The problem is transferring thinking in to doing.

It's a start but ultimately weight loss is more about reducing what you put into your body. You'll need to do both. Btw, apart from feel better, you'll probably start saving money. I know many people in BKK who go straight down the bars after work, blow most of their salary in those places and aren't in great shape either.

Yes you are right. I don't even want to say how much a day I spend on alcohol.

I find each day starts and is affected by the time I go to bed. Go to bed by a set time. Make it a habit. Change to a healthy breakfast, I love oats, soy milk with banana. Then add a gym visit 90 mins after breakie. You'll love yourself so much by now you will want a healthy lunch. See where I'm going? Build a healthy life. It takes time, but its all about habits. One at a time.

I would love to do this. I just don't know where to start. I hate my routine but it's very easy to maintain.

I don't think you're really ready to face all of this. Sorry. The impetus to make major life changes needs to come from inside, and I don't think you're there yet. Probably need things to get even worse before that happens. I'm also guessing that you're probably an alcoholic. So we've probably got boredom, obesity, alcoholism, depression ...

Pep talks aren't gonna cut it.

Edited by Jingthing

"In your thirties" is much too young to be virtually retired,especially to a Country like Thailand.

Nobody can tell you what to do,the fact that you know you are in a rut,is a good start,think long and carefully what you want to do with the rest of your life!

Edited by MAJIC

"In your thirties" is much too young to be virtually retired,especially to a Country like Thailand.

Nobody can tell you what to do,the fact that you know you are in rut,is a good start,think long and carefully what you want to do with the rest of your life!

I wanted to live in Thailand since my first holiday 15 years ago. I think I'm trapped in the holiday experience.

I found a new hobby...spear fishing...burns a lot of calories and time..,..

I found a new hobby...spear fishing...burns a lot of calories and time..,..

Yeah 1 thing I didn't mention. Budget. Isn't spear fishing expensive?

Travel, bro. See the country. Get off the beaten path. Way off. Go to one of the bus stations and pick a place. When you get there, rent a motorcycle and get lost. One of the best rushes you will get here is throwing yourself into an unknown situation and seeing what it has to offer.

A second idea, despite your weight issue, is do a little research on the best hole-in-the wall restaurants in BKK and try one or two of em a week. I also suggest buying a bicycle and using it to get to those places. Take the back sois. You'll find some really unique things in this city if you're not riding the bus or in a taxi.

You are in your thirties and you are bored?

Either you have a big personal problem that you need to handle, or you are in the wrong place.

Of course Thailand is boring! - unless you have a full time job or serious hobby.

Thailand is boring because it is too hot to do much, and that can be OK for old people, but not for a 30+.

Myself I spend my time gardening, and travel in Europe 6 months a year - but I am retired, and just fading out slowly.