my condo looks the same as yours!

VIPinthailand

Are you not tired to have the exact same condo as your neighbour. same floor, same sofa, same bed, same sink, same TV, same a/c, same door, same Windows , same light, same condom ? :)

why they furnish these condo anyway? I would prefer to furnish it by myself and choose my own tiles, and my own decoration.

If you buy a unit when they are still building it you can ask for it to be delivered as an empty shell. Then you can do whatever you want with it. Or when it's finished start redecorating, new kitchen, new floor, new doors etc

If your landlord / you're paying mortgage on the condo, if the developers 'throw in' the furnishings, it might be easier on the wallet than having to pay cash for furnishing and hanging around waiting for deliveries and the subcontractors to come in and build those cabinets and such..., and especially if they're buying to let out... why should they care about having or not having the same cabinets as the room opposite.

But if you're paying cash then it's up to you if you buy an empty shell and decorate it to your heart's content

At one time it was standard practice for units to be sold as shells; all the View Talay buildings, for example. In those buildings you dont find many units that look alike on the inside, unless they were bought and completed by the same person in the first place.

Over time the idea of "finished" units has crept in, and many people are probably attracted by the prospect of not having to find and deal with contractors etc. I can see that attraction myself. But if you look closely at the quality of these finished units you realise that after just a few years much of it will probably need to be ripped out and replaced by something much more durable.

I am sure there is a choice when you are buying the condo before the building is finished. The condo complexes built the pass 8 years have geared for the renter that may not have time to look around and furnish it, these firms assume having everything ready-to-go is more enticing to sell it. But you are correct, when every apartment has the same color/size of sofa with the accent paint in the white room matching it, it seems a bit mass produced. The nice thing is that you can gradually remove the furnishings and get your own. The colored laminated drawer on your wardrobe closet is hard to change.

I am sure there is a choice when you are buying the condo before the building is finished. The condo complexes built the pass 8 years have geared for the renter that may not have time to look around and furnish it, these firms assume having everything ready-to-go is more enticing to sell it. But you are correct, when every apartment has the same color/size of sofa with the accent paint in the white room matching it, it seems a bit mass produced. The nice thing is that you can gradually remove the furnishings and get your own. The colored laminated drawer on your wardrobe closet is hard to change.

actually toenail that's not too difficult either. A cupboard maker we used did just that recently on doors & drawers wink.png

Archived