Extension of Stay for Retirement - Jomtien

Just got my extension of stay for 1 year based on retirement in Jomtien. I'm a condo owner, and use the 800k in the bank method. The following were submitted, 1 month before current extension of stay expiry date:

1.completed TM7 (be sure to add your telephone under your signature on the back page,

2. photo copy of passport picture page, sign the photocopied page

3. photo copy every page that has any Thai immigration stamp, sign each and every photocopied page

4. Photo copy of TM6 departure card, sign photocopied page

5. original bank letter confirming bank balance dated 1 day before submission to immigration office,

6. photo copy of bank book account number and name page, bank book pages showing current balance and the balance for the 3 prior months based on the bank letter date, sign each and every photocopied page,

7. photo copy of condo maintenance payment, sign the photocopy

8. 2 pages were presented by immigration at the end of application process, which needed to be completed and signed - notice about overstay penalties, something about material change in circumstances may result in extension being canceled

9. 1900 baht

I arrived at immigration at 7:45 am, number 8 in line, got the 4th queue number for retirement at 8:12am., called to the desk at 8:40 am, out the door at 8:50 am.

You can speed up the process for those behind by not forgetting to:

1. make photo copies of every page with a Thai immigration stamp,

2. ensure you sign every photocopied page,

3. add your telephone number to the TM7 back page.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Did mine last week and offered a lot less in the way of documentation.

From passport: copy of photo page, original visa stamp, previous year visa stamp and TM6 form. My passport is several years old and contains many pages of entry and exit stamps; none of which they have ever shown any interest in.

For proof of address I gave them a copy of a True satellite TV statement which was a couple of months old because I have recently cancelled the service....

All very relaxed and friendly, as usual.

//

3. photo copy every page that has any Thai immigration stamp, sign each and every photocopied page

//

You can speed up the process for those behind by not forgetting to:

1. make photo copies of every page with a Thai immigration stamp,

//

Jomtien Immigration never asked me for so much copies !

What I give them is :

- copy of data/photo page

- copy of the previous Extension of Stay stamp

- copy of the last Entry stamp

and they are happy with that smile.png

I probably have a Thai Immigration stamp on all double-pages of my passport,

so that would be about 20 copies, most of them without interest now.

I have a METV that expires on June 20.

What is the suggested date I should apply for an extension based on retirement?

I have read at least 15 days prior to expire. But, is it 30?

thanks

You don't have to wait for your visa to expire. You can apply for a change of visa status to a non immigrant visa entry at any time up to the last 15 days of any of the 60 day entries from the visa.

After you get the 90 day entry from the non immigrant visa you can then apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 day of it.

I have a METV that expires on June 20.

What is the suggested date I should apply for an extension based on retirement?

I have read at least 15 days prior to expire. But, is it 30?

thanks

You don't have to wait for your visa to expire. You can apply for a change of visa status to a non immigrant visa entry at any time up to the last 15 days of any of the 60 day entries from the visa.

After you get the 90 day entry from the non immigrant visa you can then apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 day of it.

Super, thank you so much.