Secret War - Laos underground caves

Boycie

The news topic starts at roughly 17.00 minutes

'The bombing of Laos by American forces during the conflict in Vietnam in the 1960s was called the Secret War. Now a little-known story of survival has emerged, of more than 20-thousand people who lived in a hidden city of underground caves for 9 years. Martin Lowe travelled to Houaphanh Province in northern Laos to find out what happened.'

Thank you very much Boycie ;

I didn't knew about AssignmentAsia ; a very good channel .

I went about four or five times in Kan'buri tiger temple;

the first time in 2005 it was cheap at that time ..

Now very expensive but a good thing, the prices are the same for everybody; thai or alien people .

About the second subject, I went to Vietnam for the first time in january 1991( during the first Gulf war ) and visited The Cu Chi tunnels , they are not far from HCM city ,where vietnamese people did as did lao people as we can see in the movie .

When in Hue city I travelled with my MT Bike to A Luoi a little village , border Lao on the HCM trail;

I had problems with the vietnamese policemen because I shot photos there;

and the photo shop in Hue refused not to develop my films but to make photos with them;

" war photos they said to me, forbidden "

We, french people , we know since a long time that Lao country received so many million tons of bombs from US aircraft;

but maybe it's a good thing to share this movie for every people here on Thaivisa forum

Never forget what the old lao man say :

I will never forget what they ( the US army ) did .

Everywhere they go, they do war against other people.

French army is still waiting for Dien Bien Phu air raid that US army promised ...in march and april 1954.1zgarz5.gif