Dl Required For Motorcycle Registration?

I'm going to be registering a motorcycle and applying for a Thai Driver's license next week. I know where to go & roughly what to do, but I haven't been able to find out if I need to get the Drivers License before I register the bike or if I can register the bike first?

Any know?

TIA

My girlfiend purchased a new motorcycle here in Khon Kaen a few months ago, she does not have "Bai Kap Kee" (licence) and there were no problems for her getting it registered, plates etc. (but she is Thai) maybe different for you as we all now know that "The Foreigner Cannot......." here in Thailand.

I needed a permission paper from Thai immigration but no driver's license was required.

My girlfiend purchased a new motorcycle here in Khon Kaen a few months ago, she does not have "Bai Kap Kee" (licence) and there were no problems for her getting it registered, plates etc. (but she is Thai) maybe different for you as we all now know that "The Foreigner Cannot......." here in Thailand.

When you purchase a new bike the shop require a WP or B visa plus proof of rent/ownership of your present abode. They will issue you with a form to be filled that is sent to immigration concerning your Thai DL you can tell them your pop this into your local Imm office on your way home. If it does arrive at the Imm office your obliged to get a local DL but you don't need one first to buy and register the bike, it is something your supposed to do after the purchase. I normaly use a local to register mine, but i did help out a friend last year with translation at the local honda shop and that's what was required of him as far as memory serves me.