Best Thai Bank for my wife who moves with me to Europe

element555

Hi everyone, my question is in the title: i was wondering if any of view has some advise on which Bank my wife should open her new bank account before moving to Europe with me (Branch in Bangkok).

Maint criterias are :

- Fees oversea

- Web banking functionalities

-Hotline fees / maybe limitations i would not be aware of

Thanks a lot ! smile.png

Have a look thru the threads in the business section. eg one running at the moment:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880093-which-is-your-favorite-thai-bank/

For the banks I use:

StanChart is useful as I have priority banking and a dedicated RM. This means I can call or email her from overseas. This was very useful when I was working outside Thailand. Their mass retail if you're not priority though doesn't have many advantages.

TMB - their online internet banking is good

Bangkok Bank - they're started to look a bit dated these days. However, their website is probably the best of all the banks when it comes to English language, and looking things up in English

Just found this thread : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/637847-thai-internet-banking-best-for-english-language-option/ and it seems like Kasikorn is a good choice. But if any latest advises it is still welcome !

Depends what she is going to do with the account i guess, Kasikorn, along with most others I think, uses OTP's sent by SMS to a Thai mobile number for online transactions, might be an issue for her to keep a Thai mobile number alive whilst in EU.

Kbank

Bangkok Bank

TMB

all the same as long as it is a Bank that is close to your family that stay in Thailand and the branch people know. your wife.

Famliy sometimes need to go to the have to arranged thins in person.

For europe a european bank.

Skpye to be able to call the bank

that is our setup