Free Shuttle to Central Festival - only for hotel guests

Alotoftravel

Hi MESmith,

Thanks for your response . I will try getting the red car from kad Suan keaw . Thanks

Pretty sure he meant "go shopping" at Kad Suan Kaew instead of at Central Festival.

Yep, I really can't get my head around folk trying to get to the most difficult to get to malls on public transport. If you live in the city centre with no transport of your own, you can go to KSK, Maya & Airport plaza. CF & Promenada are for those with their own transport. Same shops in most of them, apart from Promenada which is a lifestyle mall (read nothing there worth going to).

Have you looked at the schedule for the free shuttles from Central Festival. I don't know where they go but I am sure that they will pick you up. Possibly they don't have one in your area.

As for one good only for hotel guests that is the hotels right.

Go on Google and find the Central Festival web page it will have the schedules for the free shuttles and where the stops are.

I haven't specifically tried this for the CF shuttle, but for the other mall shuttles, I simply show up at the hotel a little before the time the shuttle is suppose to arrive and go to the front desk and ask if I can ride the mall shuttle. They always say OK and tell me where to wait. Helps if you're dressed nicely and are polite. How do they know if you're a guest in the hotel or not? They never ask for room number.

The point is that the van driver has to check in at the hotel with his log book for the hotel to sign off. So, be sure the hotel knows you're waiting.

Another CM Forum regular, Konini reports good luck in being a mall shuttle "regular" and actually flagging them down between hotels. But she gives them 20 baht, I think.

I was at Central Festival today.

Sorted my AEON Credit Card matters, bought a box of red wine to make mulled wine for Christmas, and realised I could have done that at Lotus. It was the first time I had been there in about a year, its looking a bit run down - or maybe it was just that a stall had moved out at the bottom of the escalators in front of Tops - and I still couldn't see any reason for its existence.

Went to Airport afterwards - we needed to visit the imobile store, there is no imobile store in Festival - and it was night and day. At Festival, I drove in to the parking by Tops, plenty of spaces when I arrived and when I left, in the mall not a lot of people about and even fewer doing any shopping. At Airport, parking limited as always lots of people about, lots of discount sales, spent money at some of the small stalls around, in Robinsons, had some food in the Lanna food court, everyone there was spending money.

For the first time, my recent visits to Promenada vs today's visit to Festival, it seems to me people are spending more money at Promenada.

If you really need to go to Festival, just tell them you are a hotel guest. Are they really going to argue?

The point is that the van driver has to check in at the hotel with his log book for the hotel to sign off. So, be sure the hotel knows you're waiting.

Another CM Forum regular, Konini reports good luck in being a mall shuttle "regular" and actually flagging them down between hotels. But she gives them 20 baht, I think.

Not every time, but often enough that they don't forget me. The drivers really don't care, but if you're worried going to the nearest pickup point is a good idea, I don't think there is one handy for me.

Also, one (if not all) of the set route red songteows goes from Arcade bus station to just outside KFC at Central, it has it's own little bus stop but I always forget to have the times handy and staff at the information desk won't help with it. The one that goes from Arcade to Suthep road, number 4 I think but I'm not certain. The others might do it too.

Archived