Essential Accessories

Hi folks. I've found that over many years there's a few accessories that I always keep with me when out and about taking photos. Here are mine - I'd be interested to hear of yours.

* UV filters - on all lenses, all the time. Not only does it do its job but also protects the front element of your lens.

* Lens hoods - on all lenses, all the time. Stray light can ruin a great shot.

* A wired shutter release cable for long exposures.

* A spare memory card.

* A good, sturdy tripod (if practicable).

I am not geared up as well as you by far when going out but okay I am not taking my photographing very seriously to be honest, no bag with lenses but only the camera w/lens.

I tried many years ago to drag a camera bag around with 2 lenses + the camera with 1 lens fitted but quickly realized it's not for me man, I like to keep it simple and if I don't get the shot I was hopping for, never mind, since I don't earn any money on my photographing.

Yes agree on UV filter on the lenses.

I don't have any spare memory cards but batteries.

I have a tripod laying around somewhere in my office, haven't used it for a long time but think I will dust it off and try using it a bit more.

If I do above, I better get a wire shutter release cable.

* Spare camera RX100, Whenever possible I actually use both camera's for the shoot.

* 1 wide lense, 1 long lense(50mm, el cheapo), it's enough... (For now...).. ^^

* 2 Spare battery's, memory cards on both. Looking for external charger

* Baby tripod for ultra low shot; Big boy tripod which remains stable in streaming water and windy conditions

* Car(essential)

* Polarising filters. ND filter(Still need 6stop or 10stop). Saving money for UV now..

* Wireless remote for A6000. Need a wired remote for the RX since I don't have/want a smartphone. Hard to find around here.

* Lense cleaning kit. Sensor cleaner and the lensepen are great.

* Leave wife/baby at home when going on the shoot(essential)

* Knowledge/experience to use full manual mode

* Flashlight for focussing in the night. All the lightpainting I have done turned out horrible, external flash works! Still need laserpointer for focussing so I dont need to plant the flashlight and walk all the way back. ^^

[edit]* Special clothing and shoes to protect against imminent mosquito attacks in the night

Happy shooting!

Archived