Local breast milk for sale in the US

geovalin

A former Mormon missionary has established a company selling human breast milk harvested from Cambodian mothers to customers in the US.

Ambrosia Labs collects the milk at a premises in Phnom Penh’s Stung Meanchey district, according to local church members acquainted with the company. It is then frozen before being sent to the US and pasteurised.

According to the Orem, Utah, company’s website, the milk costs $45 for 450ml. In a tariff ruling published online by US Customs and Border Protection, the product was to be “sold as a food item for infants and as a nutritional supplement for bodybuilders”. Ambrosia Labs did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/local-breast-milk-sale-us

On the basis of size, I would have thought you'd need a lot of Cambodian nursing mothers for volume production.

Perhaps Hugh Hefner could start a new home-grown industry. After all, the Bunnies presumably become mothers at some point, and they have a head start.laugh.png

There's a joke in there about buying the cow and getting the milk for free, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Seriously, after the tragedy of milk products tainted with melamine out of China, I wouldn't import anything dairy from any country on the same side of the earth as China.

Edit: Not to mention: Ewwww. Just Ewwww.

Edited by impulse