Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai police do not have to convince the world of anything. The Thai prosecutors have to convince the Thai judges,and that is what they have done.

It's a little neo-colonial to suggest the Thai justice system has to convince a bunch of farangs on a web-board, who have nothing better to fill their days than come up with the most absurd speculations without any evidence to back up their fantastical claims.

Wait for the UK coroner's report. You may learn some real facts.

Indeed NCFC....

Why has the UK coroner's report not been released yet? Why did they postpone it till after the verdict?

Will they release it now that the have been informed the verdict is the death penalty???

Why did the Miller's have to submit the IMEI evidence through the Thai Embassy in the UK and why did the British embassy in Thailand not submit this information (that they did have) to the court?

Could it be that they are withholding evidence which could incriminate the B2 and would support the death penalty?

I would not be surprised if the report will be only released if the sentence will be reduced at the appeal....

Not allowed to release it to the public until legal procedure has run it's course. It's the law of the land. Though the UK coroner made a special exception in releasing it to the trial, expressing serious concern about the Thai coroner's report, if I remember correctly.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems the Village Glee Club have retired for the evening or they don't have any nonsense to post in counter to the latest posts, and they aren't being missed by most people. Maybe their shift at the keyboard is over for awhile.

Sorry to hear that you had to spend new year's eve all alone behind your keyboard while we were out celebrating.

Oh, and I'll be leaving again shortly as I have to cash that fat cheque that was just sent to me from Koh Tao.....coffee1.gif

I bet your going out for a haircut

Have not been to a hairdresser for over 30 years -no need to when you are bald. But I could produce a photograph with hair over my ears...

I have only recently found this photos, and now I can say with certainty that Wei Phyo is the "Running Man"

I don't think so, this is the reason these CCTV images were presented so that this could be brought up:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785185-myanmar-says-workers-innocent-of-murdering-britons-on-koh-tao/page-20

Two people with different colored shorts appeared. The left arm is a big clue, not just the hair and I have seen links alleging the photo you have shown has been manipulated.

Sawadai be mai

Post link please

Right. So now that we have Islandlife here again I'd like to ask a question, maybe you can ask for me... Why 'o' why is EVERYONE'S Facebook profiles for November 2014 gone? Warot, Mon, DJ's, the cousin who runs AC2... Why are all of their profiles missing November '14? Go on, haves look.. Let me know if you need links, I've got links for all of them handy.

And, was Warot's shaved head and trip to the temple planned in advanced same as Panya's transfer? Thanks in advance Islandlife, or whomever may be able to answer.

I see the B2 had facebook accounts are they still active ?

Edited by DiscoDan

Right. So now that we have Islandlife here again I'd like to ask a question, maybe you can ask for me... Why 'o' why is EVERYONE'S Facebook profiles for November 2014 gone? Warot, Mon, DJ's, the cousin who runs AC2... Why are all of their profiles missing November '14? Go on, haves look.. Let me know if you need links, I've got links for all of them handy.

And, was Warot's shaved head and trip to the temple planned in advanced same as Panya's transfer? Thanks in advance Islandlife, or whomever may be able to answer.

They probably are still active with family or friends running them, what's your point.

I don't think internet access is allowed in custody, is it?

There were 3 judge's. They were represented by the best legal minds from both Burma and thailand.they had human rights groups, journalists and millions of baht donated for a fair trial. Still the best defense amnesty international or their lawyers can come up with is they were tortured and did not have a lawyer. The one piece of evidence that they could soundly defend was the confession. The defense ignored everything else. Why? There were too many coincidences that Coul not be explained away. They were not the only ones there. They should come clean now. It's done

Don't forget after making a big deal out how the first DNA test couldn't be correct and how samples were used up when the police said there was enough DNA for a second test the defense refused.

The best they could come up with was the timing of the test seemed funny and the police shouldn't be using a police hospital to do police DNA tests. Huh!!!

Do you have a link for this statement? I think it's fabricated and/ or an embellishment of a statement and used out of context- as are most arguments supporting the verdict. Having said that, I think the defense was not doing their best, they have to work in Thailand after all- and having approval from peers trumps justice anyday. Too bad only Thai lawyers can represent the accused because that's a minus right off the bat.

There were 3 judge's. They were represented by the best legal minds from both Burma and thailand.they had human rights groups, journalists and millions of baht donated for a fair trial. Still the best defense amnesty international or their lawyers can come up with is they were tortured and did not have a lawyer. The one piece of evidence that they could soundly defend was the confession. The defense ignored everything else. Why? There were too many coincidences that Coul not be explained away. They were not the only ones there. They should come clean now. It's done

Don't forget after making a big deal out how the first DNA test couldn't be correct and how samples were used up when the police said there was enough DNA for a second test the defense refused.

The best they could come up with was the timing of the test seemed funny and the police shouldn't be using a police hospital to do police DNA tests. Huh!!!

Do you have a link for this statement? I think it's fabricated and/ or an embellishment of a statement and used out of context- as are most arguments supporting the verdict. Having said that, I think the defense was not doing their best, they have to work in Thailand after all- and having approval from peers trumps justice anyday. Too bad only Thai lawyers can represent the accused because that's a minus right off the bat.

Replicated DNA that was being offered to the defense for retesting is not an original sample, there is no way to tell if this dna came from slaiva - sperm - blood etc it has already been processed and extracted, it is absolutly usless to make a confirmation match in a criminal case, a criminal case involves matching dna from a crime scene to an accused, i.e. 2 sets of dna to be compared from two sources, extracted or processed dna could be from the same sample i.e. the accused saliva

It would be like taking another saliva sample from the B2 and comparing it with a saliva sample taken earlier - absolutely useless at proving anything

This is why I keep repeating (and certain people keep ignoring)that in order to do a confirmation dna retest,

************only the original samples taken from the victim can be used************

The offer from the prosecution was a ploy and the defence obviously under advisement - declined

but they should have made more of this and demanded the original samples even though a prosecution witness had already testified they no longer existed and shortly after that we had the police chief claiming they still had them, that point is still not clear

until such times as this is sorted out I remain unconvinced of guilt and if the original samples cannot be produced then I will never ever believe that these samples existed in the first place - show me them prove me wrong

Maybe the UK autopsy will confirm this - no evidence of sperm found in the victim, no evidence of rape (already stated) = no motive for B2 to have done this

I am intrigued by the light

how was the moon

was there cloud cover

that time in the morning?

reported to have been raining at some point and a 3/4 moon, the bodies were well hidden behind some rocks so unless you were a few feet away you would never have seen them, so anyone wandering the beach that night would never have noticed them, the only witnesses to the actual murders could have been two girls staying at the resort who said they heard yelling and sceaming coming from the beach in the small hours, it is my belief that David was not with Hannah but went to investigate when he heard something either walking past or from his room. JMO

"If the DNA results turn out to match with the samples taken from the crime scene, Mr Warot will become an accomplice. If the DNA doesn't match, then society must give justice to Mr Warot's family too," the national police chief said. - See more at:

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-koh-tao-murder-suspects-offered-2nd-dna-tests-49403.php#sthash.de1z3zb0.dpuf

Which DNA is the police chief on about,

Nomsod at various times with long hair.

Nomsod with his lawyer and new haircut.

Nomsod with his new buddies... wai2.gif

One thing I don't get: What on earth was Somyot grinning at? What was he even doing there? Wasn't this a private test set up by Nomsod's dad?

FINAL WARNING.

It has been repeatedly posted that members should refrain from making "Personal" remarks and attacks.

Discuss the subject NOT THE POSTER.

ANYONE doing so from here on, WILL BE REMOVED without warning.

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Too much focus on the hair , we have alreaday seen pictures taken the day after the murder of Win clearly showing the hair , which looks like a match compared with the CCTV images released. But you could pick several asian boys with similar hair cuts.

Showing pics of Nomsod over and over again will not solve anything. Personally I believe he was in Bangkok that night since there are no witness observations of him on KT , ,but plenty of other observations of Mon, and other highly suspicious individuals.

Edited by balo

That post is BS, it claims that the victims were murdered at the place they were staying, they were sharing rooms with friends.

Unfortunately it's the kind of BS that is consumed with gusto by those that don't want to accept reality for what it is instead of what they wish it would be.

Besides that, a man claiming to be Burmese, using a Thai celebrity photo taken from Panthip as his image creates an account to make one post... Say, anyone wants to buy a bridge?

Only if you promise it's tower bridge!!

"The parents of a British holiday maker who died in suspicious circumstances in Thailand are convinced he was murdered – and the killing covered up to protect tourism.”

“Despite being warned to keep quiet by people on the island, the family have refused to be silenced.”

“She added: “The Police didn’t look at his room or the area where he was found. There was no attempt to investigate.”

"They spent most of their time laughing and joking as we asked questions.”

“Tracy said her son Matt was warned there are “powerful people on the island”, and that the family should leave rather than stirring up trouble.”

“They also heard other holiday makers had died on the island and their bodies “thrown into the water in the hope they’d be washed away”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

“They also heard other holiday makers had died on the island and their bodies “thrown into the water in the hope they’d be washed away”

So doesn't sound like a mafia killing then ?the 2 bodies were left on the beach.

This crime scene looks like it was someone very sick in the head and no knowledge of dna but knowledge of fingerprint evidence hence why none on hoe handle and Davids mobile.

Would someone care to post a link of dna being used in a court case in Burma?

Too much focus on the hair , we have alreaday seen pictures taken the day after the murder of Win clearly showing the hair , which looks like a match compared with the CCTV images released. But you could pick several asian boys with similar hair cuts.

Showing pics of Nomsod over and over again will not solve anything. Personally I believe he was in Bangkok that night since there are no witness observations of him on KT , ,but plenty of other observations of Mon, and other highly suspicious individuals.

Nomsod in the lift and walking through the glass doors in the posted clip earlier - there is a problem with his forehead clearly. He is looking at it in the mirror in the lift and throughout the clips he is pushing his hair to the side as if to make sure that the something troubling him on his forehead is covered by his hair.

That post is BS, it claims that the victims were murdered at the place they were staying, they were sharing rooms with friends.

Unfortunately it's the kind of BS that is consumed with gusto by those that don't want to accept reality for what it is instead of what they wish it would be.

Besides that, a man claiming to be Burmese, using a Thai celebrity photo taken from Panthip as his image creates an account to make one post... Say, anyone wants to buy a bridge?

I do not recall anyone on TVF suggesting that the murder took place at the lodgings, however it was suggested and theorised that they may have been assaulted in the last place they were known to be alive and dumped on the beach or pursued and murdered on the beach

I agree especially with your last sentence

The reason I posted the hair pics was, someone posed a challenge.

I obliged.

But of course, the challenger had nothing to say...

asiamaster, on 01 Jan 2016 - 12:18, said:snapback.png

MorristheRunt, on 01 Jan 2016 - 11:57, said:snapback.png

If were talking hairstyles, it seemed a little strange that a certain student in Bangkok suddenly had a very different hairstyle when he appeared with his lawyer to explain his innocence!

Oh yes very different. Kindly provide some pics so we can do a comparison. Preferably just before the murder and just after he had his haircut.

@balo

Saying: "there are no witness observations of him on KT" is disingenuous at best.

Witnesses afraid to come forward would be more accurate.

“Meanwhile a Police source said it was not possible that people on the island did not have any knowledge of what might have happened on the night of the murder"

"The source said may be they don't want to talk to police, as they do not want to have problems with an influential group.”

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-free-bar-owners-and-look-for-ex-village-hea-30243997.html

Edited by iReason

Seems the Village Glee Club have retired for the evening or they don't have any nonsense to post in counter to the latest posts, and they aren't being missed by most people. Maybe their shift at the keyboard is over for awhile.

Sorry to hear that you had to spend new year's eve all alone behind your keyboard while we were out celebrating.

Oh, and I'll be leaving again shortly as I have to cash that fat cheque that was just sent to me from Koh Tao.....coffee1.gif

Choir still in session I see.....

I don't think internet access is allowed in custody, is it?

Only if you have a phone and not too busy doing drug deals, organising gambling or brothels or running a crime syndicate, but you are correct- internet access is not available 5555555

@balo

Saying: "there are no witness observations of him on KT" is disingenuous at best.

“Meanwhile a Police source said it was not possible that people on the island did not have any knowledge of what might have happened on the night of the murder"

"The source said may be they don't want to talk to police, as they do not want to have problems with an influential group.”

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-free-bar-owners-and-look-for-ex-village-hea-30243997.html

So you say even David and Hannah's friends, including the Mc Anna braggart, are afraid to come forward if they had noticed the "on this forum only" suspected killer of their friends?

@balo

Meanwhile a Police source said it was not possible that people on the island did not have any knowledge of what might have happened on the night of the murder"

"The source said may be they don't want to talk to police, as they do not want to have problems with an influential group.

So you say even David and Hannah's friends, including the Mc Anna braggart, are afraid to come forward if they had noticed the "on this forum only" suspected killer of their friends?

If they weren't eye witnesses to the crime what do you think they would know for sure? Also, how do you know what they have or haven't said to the police? Now Sean, he likely does know something or he wouldn't have a stab wound to his forearm and Facebook posts so scared for his life.

What about everyone's Facebook missing Nov. 2014?

@balo

Meanwhile a Police source said it was not possible that people on the island did not have any knowledge of what might have happened on the night of the murder"

"The source said may be they don't want to talk to police, as they do not want to have problems with an influential group.

If they weren't eye witnesses to the crime what do you think they would know for sure? Also, how do you know what they have or haven't said to the police? Now Sean, he likely does know something or he wouldn't have a stab wound to his forearm and Facebook posts so scared for his life.

What about everyone's Facebook missing Nov. 2014?

The friends of the victims know very well that "on the CSI Social Media only" Nomsod is suspected to be the man in the CCTV footage, so if they had seen him and reported that to the police, and now notice that it is now covered up, they would have had plenty of opportunity to air their suspicions in the British press.

May be the British press is also involved in the cover up. NOT?

Yeah, probably Sean was involved in the killing of his friend.

I haven't seen any proof yet of EVERYONE'S facebook page missing, but what is your opinion about the reason for that?

My opinion is that, if it is really a fact what you state as I haven't seen any proof of it yet, that they are sick to the stomach about the armchair detectives looking at their FB and have changed their status to friends only