• villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

171 votes out of 160,000 members.

Let the Einstein's work out the percentage. biggrin.png

That's the problem here isn't it? This hasn't really set the forum on fire.

If more users had been interested, it wouldn't have been dominated by Nancy's following, and what I'm going to politely call a special interest group from elsewhere on the internet.

Edited by SoiBiker

171 votes out of 160,000 members.

Let the Einstein's work out the percentage. biggrin.png

That's the problem here isn't it? This hasn't really set the forum on fire.

I think it demonstrates overwhelmingly that 159,829 aren't interested in who is voted POTY

WHY NOT?

Go ahead. I ain't doing it. It has never been more than a tiny percentage of the membership. Ever.

Also you can't directly compare year to year. The structure has been different year to year. Typically running the same poll for weeks and just cutting people out. This last poll here is less than a week as it reset at zero.

Edited by Jingthing

I think more as a raw number but I already explained why. This current poll is less than a week and that one was running for numerous weeks. Duh. In any case always a tiny percentage of the membership.

If you have a brilliant plan on how to get 10 percent of members to vote, great. Not sure this is the right thread for that though. We're in the middle of THIS YEAR'S event.

Edited by Jingthing

I think before the next one we need to have some practice runs, to really go over things and make sure we have the details worked out and we're prepared and know what we're doing.

Yes. We need POTY training.

No matter what you decide, no matter how brilliant it seems, a large number of people won't like it, and some won't like it in an ACTIVE way.

Which reminds me. I think there might be a case for promoting THIS years contest to get a last wave of votes. Hmmm. I can't think of how except to put announcements in other subforums and I think that would be frowned upon. So never mind. It is what it is.

Edited by Jingthing

Who reads stickies? I don't. This gets bumped all the time. If it was promoted by the forum, which it isn't, they could do some kind of graphic. But that's not gonna happen.

A bit of fun. Over soon. Thank God!

Edited by Jingthing

Who reads stickies? I don't. This gets bumped all the time. If it was promoted by the forum, which it isn't, they could do some kind of graphic. But that's not gonna happen.

Being poll lord isn't much fun?

As they say "be sure of what you wish for".wink.png

Being poll lord isn't much fun?

As they say "be sure of what you wish for".wink.png

Nobody believes me but I didn't wish it. I saw it wasn't happening this year and I stepped in. Others may claim it was happening, but it wasn't. People just wanted to kvetch and argue endlessly about every little detail, and nobody had the balls to say I will own running it to completion, set the structure, make the schedules. Also I didn't see a clean way to cut it down to a top 20 but Canuckamuck did that part ... basically the same thing, he had the balls to just do it. Canuckamuck could have done this to the finish in his own way, but he didn't seem to want to and nobody else did either. It's not the glorious blessing you might imagine.

Edited by Jingthing