297 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your ONE top choice for Thaivisa POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015

• Crazy Chef 1
    • NancyL
    • SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

We now begin the GRAND FINALE phase of the Thaivisa.com Poster of the Year VOTING contest 2015.

(Also known in some circles as THE POTTIES.whistling.gif )

It's been a long haul getting here.

We had the nomination phase. That was just a thread where members suggested people. Too many names. What to do?

Then we had the POTY Runoffs where a large list of nominees was cut to 20 with a HUMONGOUS voting poll.

We just concluded another voting poll, the SEMIFINALS where the TOP 5 emerged for this GRAND FINALE.

That featured a dramatic photo finish for the 5th position. (Sorry Crazy Chef 1, maybe next year.)

But that's all history now.

It's time to get this SETTLED!

Again: may the best BLOWHARD win.

You can choose ONE member only.

If you wish, you can delete your vote at any time, and re-vote. To do so, click the DELETE MY VOTE BUTTON located under the voting list.

The voting deadline is Wednesday 30 December at Midnight.

That's the midnight before New Year's Eve. Not New Year's Eve.

Edited by Crossy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you wish to be a more informed voter and learn more about our five charming Grand Finalists?

Well, here are all of their profiles to start:

Each of the five is being sent TEN QUESTIONS FOR FIVE FINALISTS (5 silly and 5 substantive) and hopefully all of them (in the next few days) will respond and post their answers here.

So you won't be able to say that your don't know anything about them.

Edited by Jingthing

Emoticons --
If you use emoticons, what do you think is the one emoticon that you use most often? If you don't, what would it be if you did use them?
laugh.png
Thai food --
What are your five favorite Thai food dishes, if you eat Thai food, and if you don't eat Thai food, why not?
no day in Thailand passes without me having a "tom yum seafood".
Poster of the Year Crown --
Please describe what your fantasy crown would look like if you win Poster of the Year?
question too silly to answer.
Nationalities --
If you had to live in another country than Thailand, but not your home country, which country would be your first choice and why?
(Regardless of visa and financial limitations.)
Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)
Thainess-osities --
Would you miss bum guns if you left (or have left) Thailand? Would you (have you) install a Thai bum gun outside Thailand?
i am used to bidets and/or bum guns since more than 40 years and i wouldn't move into a home without either one.
Thread samples --
Please provide links to a few threads that you started that you feel best represent the style of your participation at Thaivisa.com forum.
i have started less than half a dozen threads and don't remember any of them specifically to provide a link.
Posting so much --
People in contention for POTY awards are sometimes high volume posters. Please share your feelings about members who post a lot, whether that includes you or not.
pass
Self evaluation, rate 1 to 10 --
With 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, please RATE YOURSELF on your posts at Thaivisa. Careful about too much BS as people who know your posts may easily detect that.
Wittiness 8
Helpfulness 10
Trollishness 3
Knowledge level on topics posted 9
Hotheadedness 9
Curiosity 3
Patience with others who behave badly 1
Bombasity expression does not exist
Spiciness 5
Entertainment value 5
Writing quality 6
Thai-ier than thou level 0.1
Your BRAND on Thaivisa --
How would you describe your "BRAND" in the political sense as a poster on Thaivisa and finalist in the POTY contest? Everyone seems to have a brand these days. Ideally a brand is one word, a few words, or at most a short sentence. If you don't want to boil this down to a brand label, talking about the forums you usually post in here and your most frequent topic areas will provide similar information.
my brand is "Naam", posting most of the time in topics finance, engineering, technical problems and do-it-yourself.
Winning POTY --
What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know
-it would mean much less than a big and belly relaxing fart.
-i don't want to win and i [not so] humbly beg the committee in charge to remove my "nomination" from the contest.

Naam says he doesn't want to win and now wants to QUIT.

... i [not so] humbly beg the committee in charge to remove my "nomination" from the contest.

That's unheard of in the GRAND FINALE. Ridiculous and quite inconsiderate really. Well, you know what? I'm going to see if I can meet that request (it's a mod power to actually do the deed) and replace Naam with the member who TIED for the fifth position in the Semifinals, Crazy Chef 1. As if Naam didn't realize he was in this contest now for weeks? Harrumph.

So it seems we're getting a bit of unexpected and early EXCITEMENT in this Grand Finale ...

Edited by Jingthing

Naam (don't bother voting for him now as he QUIT) is correct that BOMBASITY is not a word.

But so what ... it's meaning is obvious.

... I guarantee that it gets lonely on top of Mt. Bombasity.

http://www.andysaltarelli.com/phd/bombasity/?doing_wp_cron=1450992709.6081728935241699218750

I really like that image. Imagine trying to CLIMB Mt. Bombasity.

Edited by Jingthing

Crazy Chef 1 is not yet on the list but here is his profile now included with the other GRAND FINALISTS:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/160354-crazy-chef-1/

http://www.thaivisa....r/68373-nancyl/

The Ten Questions for Five Finalists PM has been sent to Crazy Chef 1 as well.
Keep in mind any votes you might make for Naam now will NOT pass to Crazy Chef 1. It doesn't work that way. If you want to vote for Crazy Chef 1, you'll need to wait until he's actually placed on the VOTING LIST.
Edited by Jingthing

If a person drops out when voting has started it should be a 4 person race.

What will you do if person drops out tomorrow or the next day?

The rules need to be consistent.

Let the cards fall as they may, the race has now started.

Edited by uptheos

Naam says he doesn't want to win and now wants to QUIT.

... i [not so] humbly beg the committee in charge to remove my "nomination" from the contest.

That's unheard of in the GRAND FINALE. Ridiculous and quite inconsiderate really. Well, you know what? I'm going to see if I can meet that request (it's a mod power to actually do the deed) and replace Naam with the member who TIED for the fifth position in the Semifinals, Crazy Chef 1. As if Naam didn't realize he was in this contest now for weeks? Harrumph.

So it seems we're getting a bit of unexpected and early EXCITEMENT in this Grand Finale ...

Well well well, that's four now and do wonder why. whistling.gif

Edited by Ron19

OK "Crazy Chef 1" is now in the poll, Naam's votes should be back in the pool so those who voted for him can vote again.

Not many votes in at present, but I suggest any further drop-outs simply be removed from the poll, no further substitutions.

OK "Crazy Chef 1" is now in the poll, Naam's votes should be back in the pool so those who voted for him can vote again.

Not many votes in at present, but I suggest any further drop-outs simply be removed from the poll, no further substitutions.

Understood. But this dropout was so early and Crazy Chef 1 being TIED before really deserved inclusion.

Good luck to all the players now.

We've already had active campaigning from all on the list now. I don't think any withdraws going forward should even be allowed now except for exceptionally compelling reasons. Not winning is not one of them.

You can't force someone to stay in the race...

and we all love a good dummy spit and meltdown...Candidates set the bar very high last year

snip>

Winning POTY --
What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know
-i don't want to win and i [not so] humbly beg the committee in charge to remove my "nomination" from the contest.

clap2.gif

You should have waited so as to get a REAL good reaction from JT.

I am going to propose in future years that all AS SOON AS NOMINATED be required to reply to a PM stating they agree to stay in the contest all the way, or withdraw from the start. Campaigning is optional of course. People nominated who don't agree to stay in the race shouldn't even be on ANY voting list, even the earliest one. Issue solved.

Edited by Jingthing

snip>

Winning POTY --

clap2.gif

You should have waited so as to get a REAL good reaction from JT.

If he had waited till much later, he would have just been removed and it would be too late to add Crazy Chef 1. I had posted before that withdraws were not allowed after the beginning of the SEMIFINALS but as this wasn't announced from the start and we didn't get PM buyins from all nominees from the start, that can't really be enforced this year.

Edited by Jingthing

I am going to propose in future years that all AS SOON AS NOMINATED be required to reply to a PM stating they agree to stay in the contest all the way, or withdraw from the start. Campaigning is optional of course. People nominated who don't agree to stay in the race shouldn't even be on ANY voting list, even the earliest one. Issue solved.

Have you been given the Poll Lord title for life? biggrin.png

You don't have much experience of proper races JT, I may be wrong.

You can't force someone to stay in a race!!

It's easy. Just don't remove their name. So, yes you can. I get it. You want to start a big federal case over this. Well, I'm not playing. As said, I suggest in future years all nominees be required to agree to not quitting from the start. Being in the contest requires no action anyway. You can campaign a lot or campaign not at all.

Edited by Jingthing

You don't have much experience of proper races JT, I may be wrong.

You can't force someone to stay in a race!!

It's easy. Just don't remove their name. So, yes you can. I get it. You want to start a big federal case over this. Well, I'm not playing. As said, I suggest in future years all nominees be required to agree to not quitting from the start. Being in the contest requires no action anyway. You can campaign a lot or campaign not at all.

laugh.pngfacepalm.gif

Have you been given the Poll Lord title for life? biggrin.png

No, dear. I have no idea what next year brings. But I'm making suggestions to whoever handles this in future. They can take it or leave it.

Biker is sitting on trans's shoulder, until the final stretch, then he'll drop down a gear and leave some rubber on the road. He will have to be quick as Trans has a V8! As for Nancy, she's got no chance unless she gets Mr. Bitey back!