new post notifications emailed....receive too many...

4evermaat

I'm only supposed to get one 'new reply' email until I visit the forum again to view the thread. But instead I am getting instant 'new reply' emails after each post, even though I have not visited that thread again.

So the forum either thinks that I am visiting the thread again or some bug exists that keeps emailing me after a reply.

Note that I am not quoted in any of these replies. Just that the thread I'm subscribed to has a new reply. The quoted reply is a separate email function.

Not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I originally replied (and subscribed) to the thread via the TV mobile app.

Have you checked your ThaiVisa Notification Preferences using a full Browser?

Topics & Posts

Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency:

Immediate

Daily Digest

Weekly Digest

replies to followed topics

topics in followed forums

followed topics daily/weekly digests

followed forums daily/weekly digests

someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)

when someone 'likes' my posts

I don't see any option for, get one 'new reply' email until I visit the forum again

Have you checked your ThaiVisa Notification Preferences using a full Browser?

Topics & Posts

Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency:

Immediate

Daily Digest

Weekly Digest

replies to followed topics

topics in followed forums

followed topics daily/weekly digests

followed forums daily/weekly digests

someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)

when someone 'likes' my posts

I don't see any option for, get one 'new reply' email until I visit the forum again

It's the email for "replies to followed topics". It is set to Daily Digest. I checked in a desktop browser.

I think the mobile app might be passing off different protocol than what is used on the desktop browser version of TVF. Or it is just a bug somewhere else. But I unsubscribed from that post altogether to stop the emails.

It only happened on that one post after I had replied: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881380-bangkok-bank-no-internet-banking-for-thailand-elite-card-holder/

Archived