SURVEY: Do you believe the 2 Burmese found guilty of the Koh Tao Murders are guilty?

Scott

SURVEY: Are the 2 Burmese guilty of Murder?  

754 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apart from the Nomsod & Mon buddies who fill these threads with their guilty views, I can not understand how people can come to a conclusion of guilty. I honestly can not and I followed this case from day 1.The list is sooooo long why the verdict should have been not guilty, it is absolutely scary how the justice system works in Thailand. If I were Burmese I would get the hell out of that country, it is too dangerous to stay there. I think it is time Myanmar will develop these lovely islands in the Andaman see as tourist destinations.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until the statement by the Miller family, I would have naturally said no. That statement changed everything. If they can clearly and categorically say that after all they've been through and all the evidence they must have combed through and along with advice they must have received from the UK police, I have to say the same thing. GUILTY.

And yet the family of the accused say not guilty. Their view is less relevant? Now, I wonder why that is the case? It's a puzzler for sure.

Oh wait...

Would you expect the families of the accused to say any different?

Perhaps they haven't read the Scotland Yard report, and been privy to all the evidence that the victims' families have?

It's not usual for the families of the accused to be treated the same as the bereaved families, is it?

I was thinking more about how they feel after this trial. Edited by Bluespunk

Until the statement by the Miller family, I would have naturally said no. That statement changed everything. If they can clearly and categorically say that after all they've been through and all the evidence they must have combed through and along with advice they must have received from the UK police, I have to say the same thing. GUILTY.

And yet the family of the accused say not guilty. Their view is less relevant? Now, I wonder why that is the case? It's a puzzler for sure.

Oh wait...

But of course the family of the Guilty (not accused any more) would say not guilty what possible relevance is that statement the family of the dead is relevant they have had loved ones snatched away I have not seen or read anywhere the bereaved families saying they were guilty until they were found guilty in a court of law. Where as I have seen and heard so many times the family of guilty men saying no no no not guilty as I suspect we all would but it's not relevant.

Again, I was referring to the trial their sons received. They have been found guilty, true but the circumstances surrounding that verdict are in the families of the accused eyes, suspect.

In voting "Not Guilty", it is the only option as I do not believe them "Guilty beyond reasonable doubt"

No way can I be sure that they are not guilty but with so much distortion of the facts, failure to investigate other leads, false statements by the prosecution, and extraction of confessions under duress torture how can any intelligent person accept any of the evidence put by the prosecution?

Edited by Basil B

I don't know whether or not they were guilty but by American Standards of "guilt beyond a reasonable doubt", they should have been acquitted, since there was so much contradictory evidence. By Thai standards of "saving face" over administration of justice they were a convenient scapegoat.

The American police would have avoided a court case by shooting them dead in the streets as seems to be the norm over the pond these days.

unable to comment

I believe that no one should vote or comment n this issue.

Why ? Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with some Martin Niemöller.

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist... When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent; I was not a social democrat. Then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Ask yourself a couple of questions (1) I am a migrant worker with limited education and I committed a vicous crime, would I hang around from time of the crime until Oct 3rd to be arrested, or flee like hell out of dodge ?

(2) I am an Island Boy/Man with connections and feel I am isolated from justice, just do it and sit back and watch the chips fall !!

If there is a strong Mafia on the Island, the Army needs to break it up or kill them !!

I would believe they are guilty IF the Two other suspects related to some Koh Tao dark power would be tried to.

And then... what happened with that farang hippy who left they island in a hurry after he was threatened with death?

Tooany questions remain unanswered to believe those 2 young boys are guilty.

I would like the local son working in a bar and who had an argument with David earlier that evening (that's a strong lose face for the son of...) to be investigated in detail.

Let us hope that Thailand has better success (in what it tries to do) next year.

2014-15 has been a most forgettable period for so many reasons - this episode is just one of them!

It's now up to an appeals court to continue the anguish for the families of the victims.

Well, there is hope irrespective of guilt and/or fair trial.

Remember the Blue Diamond Affair in 1989.

In 1989 Kriangkrai, a Thai janitor at a palace of a Saudi prince stole (according to his "confession") a huge heist of jewellery and gems and managed to smuggle it out of the palace, through airport security up to his home town of Lampang.
Lt Gen Chalor headed the Royal Thai Police investigation and got Kriangkrai arrested and secured most of the heist.
Kriangkrai got a seven-years sentence but walked free after three years as he confessed to the crime and for good behaviour.
The very same Chalor flew to Saudi Arabia to return the jewellery; latter though was mostly replaced with fakes and the Blue Diamond was missing (and never surfaced again).
Saudi businessman Al-Ruwaili, close to the Saudi Court, travelled to Bangkok to investigate into the faking and missing stuff; got abducted and murdered; days before three Saudi diplomats got shot dead as well. The murders remain unsolved and no connection to the jewellery theft could be established.
Chalor lateron was convicted having ordered the murder of the wife and son of a gem dealer involved in the affair and sentenced to death in 1995. 2009 the death sentence got commuted to 50 years life, four years later in 2013 Chalor walked free.
Thailand must have lost hundreds of billions of Baht in transfers over the last 25 years as nobody wanted to be able to clear the matter and nobody will touch this still very hot potato!

Take the story of the Red Bulls founder's grandson who overran a police man with his fancy car; I - for one - never ever heard anything on that case again.

So keeping the pressure up might reason the responsible authorities to review and convert the death sentence - as said earlier on, irrespective of guilt and/or fair trial. If it would not have involved to British citizens the story would have disappeared long time under the big carpet.

I think it would put the story to rest if the UK did get a semen sample and have a DNA profile (which going by the Millers reaction I think they did) I think there is evidence that the public are not informed about.

You can tell what has been done by looking at his reaction " amazing" so they're guilty in your opinion ?

Edited by StealthEnergiser

I don't know whether or not they were guilty but by American Standards of "guilt beyond a reasonable doubt", they should have been acquitted, since there was so much contradictory evidence. By Thai standards of "saving face" over administration of justice they were a convenient scapegoat.

How much face has been saved when the overwhelming majority don't believe they're guilty