PM says his patience has limits with biased columnists

rooster59

This junta leader, his cronies and the blatantly obvious erosion of the appeal of this country to foreigners both here and abroad are a perfect milieu for neighbouring ASEAN countries to take advantage of.

If I was involved in their tourism marketing schemes I know what I would fuel my marketing on. Compare and contrast doesn't have to look like a hammer but if done properly can sure leave one with a distinct image of " a better deal" is possible elsewhere.

On the other hand, the junta leader and his minions seems to be doing everything they can to undermine Thai marketing efforts.

Do you really think that tourists care a fig about the political situation? Business people care about profit for which there has to be stability. A basic stability has been achieved,at least compared to what was going on before the coup. Nobody cares about the lack of basic democratic freedoms except those who are on the anvil of repression but nothing lasts forever.

One could say of the general that he believes in what he is doing. Expecting the military to usher in a period of democracy is rather like expecting a dog to walk on its hind legs, it isn't done well but one is surprised to see it being done at all.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he was thinking this Prime Minister thing would be a like a Hollywood movie and a well loved movie star type of affair ....

Glory, glamour and public praise in abundance and never a discouraging word....and maybe even a fan club.

Cheers

Since when did he get to claim being the "Prime Minister" of Thailand.

He is the leader of a military junta.

What countries recognize him as a legitimate PM?

None that I know of!

A uneducated self-centered boy cannot fill an educated worldly man's shoes!

How unsurprising by the little man. Every day brings more news that Thailand is heading downhill with increasing speed.

Can't wait for the usual suspects telling us it's OK because Thaksin intimidated some reporters way back when.

The usual suspects are the enablers of such totalitarian behaviour.

The usual apologists will always justify the representative of their idiot-logy as correct.

Remember Hobson's choice? You can say and think what you want as long as you do and think what I tell you."

The human Gerbils are happy with that.

I've been saying for a long time now that the apologists must share the responsibility for the regime's actions. Without them these people couldn't succeed.

So you're saying if there were no junta cheerleaders on TV that the coup would not have happened and Prayuth woukd not be the buffoon that he is? Ok...sure :rolleyes:

At this point given what is happening, I really do wonder why these Thai political topics are even open for discussion here. Seems like playing with fire. Discussions about such issues can take place on websites EXTERNAL to Thailand ... but hasn't this become a dance now here? Aren't people afraid this is going to hit expats just expressing their reasoned opinions?

Yes, I can see posting NEWS of these things here, but I am concerned about the RISKS members are taking posting about them.

I assume this will continue, but if you haven't considered this already ... I'd say be careful what you post here about Thai politics. Of course, if you live abroad, you don't have that worry unless you want to visit or live here later.

not normally one to side with Jingthing but we should be more cautious going forward as it's getting very dangerous

When he was the Defense Minister he often used the media for his gain to attack the government in power.

Now that he is in power he wants to destroy them and warn them with attitude adjustment.

I got to say as longer this clown is in power I appreciate what Yingluck did when she handed the media if if she shed some fake tears.

At this point given what is happening, I really do wonder why these Thai political topics are even open for discussion here. Seems like playing with fire. Discussions about such issues can take place on websites EXTERNAL to Thailand ... but hasn't this become a dance now here? Aren't people afraid this is going to hit expats just expressing their reasoned opinions?

Yup, I decided never to post in these topics for that reason. I like living here.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good little cog..

How unsurprising by the little man. Every day brings more news that Thailand is heading downhill with increasing speed.

Can't wait for the usual suspects telling us it's OK because Thaksin intimidated some reporters way back when.

The usual suspects are the enablers of such totalitarian behaviour.

The usual apologists will always justify the representative of their idiot-logy as correct.

Remember Hobson's choice? You can say and think what you want as long as you do and think what I tell you."

The human Gerbils are happy with that.

I've been saying for a long time now that the apologists must share the responsibility for the regime's actions. Without them these people couldn't succeed.

So you're saying if there were no junta cheerleaders on TV that the coup would not have happened and Prayuth woukd not be the buffoon that he is? Ok...sure rolleyes.gif

Not only 'on TV' but In general.. Without support they would not have succeeded.. Those who have supported them are partly responsible for the way the country is now going.

Yup, I decided never to post in these topics for that reason. I like living here.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good little cog..

Haha. Insulted by the unimportant and irrelevant. I guess I could do worse.

When he was the Defense Minister he often used the media for his gain to attack the government in power.

Now that he is in power he wants to destroy them and warn them with attitude adjustment.

I got to say as longer this clown is in power I appreciate what Yingluck did when she handed the media if if she shed some fake tears.

For the record: Prayut has never been defense minister. He was commander in chief of the Royal Thai Army, a position that required him to steer clear of overt politicking.

For the record: Prayut has never been defense minister. He was commander in chief of the Royal Thai Army, a position that required him to steer clear of overt politicking.

For the record: Prayuth looks magnificent with all those guns and tanks behind him. With both my hands held high I think he's done a brilliant job as PM. Bravo!

He's a grumpy little Santa isn't he? Must be the time of year that upsets him, all that happiness going on and it's nothing to do with him. Same time, same target, he threw his toys out of the pram again last year;

Khaosod English
26 December 2014

On 25 December Gen. Prayuth said he has been enduring a daily barrage of criticism from certain newspapers, which he did not name, and warned that he had the power to shut them down.

"I have endured it for a long time now. They criticise me on every issue, every page of the newspapers. What the hell is wrong with them? Are they crazy?" the NCPO leader fumed. "I get angry [every time] I read these newspapers. They made me lose my manner and have ruined my leader image."

He continued, "But this time, I will shut them down for real. I cannot allow them to continue their disrespect. Otherwise, what's the point of me being [Prime Minister]? What's the point of having martial law?"

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1419589423

So there you have it, from the horses mouth, what's the point of having martial law if you don't use it to crush all dissent?

It's not a personal question, but, alas, rather how things here go on, for ages.

No matter whether brown or green clad, Sgt. Maj. or Lt. Gen., when one decides for another, new, different 'career', in politics or in an appointed function, to 'serve the people', it should be in one's own name, only, with no reference, at all, to one's previous rank in the Military or Police.

This personal choice(!) should also automatically mean one abandons all of one's previous 'uniformed' life: rank, advantages, pensions, all, with no way back (NOT like f.i. some Pol. Lt. Gen. BKK Chief of Pol. Thaksin thought to make a BKK Governor of, as of any proverbial lamp post, but failed, and what became of that un-elected person, ...he was back as a Pol. Lt. Gen. the next day!), ...and, main thing: one functions totally as a civilian!

IMHO, when Mr PM Prayuth would talk like, behave like, act like 'a civilian', and not as RTA (ret.) Lt. Gen. Prayuth, a lot of things would be 'different', for the better, for the nation and even for him...!

Mr PM, Sir, please allow me, poor little Farang, just allowed to stay in your country, to cry it out loud, as I do since the first days of the NCPO, you were the head of before becoming PM: sorry, Sir, your communication sucks, Sir, big time, the whole communication of all your apparatus is a total disaster, sorry to have to say, Sir.

IMHO, first thing first, create a 'communication department' inside your PM's cabinet, manned with 'top', 'people of the trade', civilians(!), under your direct authority.

Second: issue strict orders for all, any, General, Colonel, Ministry Official, etc. to stick a (big) sock in its mouth! No more 'minutes of glory' in front of the media, out, finished! EVERYTHING has to run through your communication team, first, to be checked, edited, approved, simple as that!

Then, instead of making things worse every time one of the men, or yourself, sorry to say, opens his mouth, you will be able, Sir, to be in control of your 'troops', and your Government will be able to be pro-active in its communication, about what 'the people' expect from you all: achievements, changes and reforms, instead of having to be permanently reactive, correcting, adapting, contradicting, denying, ...menacing.

What you are, all, doing now, and I sincerely hope it's not to late to change course, is being litteraly sucked-up in the huge meat grinder of mass communication, and that mad machine, Sir, you cannot, will not, don't have the power to (NOBODY has), control, don't make yourself any illusion about it.

Still IMHO, Sir, my conclusion is: control all the information you might have, decide of what and when you bring it out, keeping in mind that when it's out, it's not yours anymore, it's out of your control, forever!

Mr PM, Sir, please allow me, poor little Farang, just allowed to stay in your country, to cry it out loud, as I do since the first days of the NCPO, you were the head of before becoming PM: sorry, Sir, your communication sucks, Sir, big time, the whole communication of all your apparatus is a total disaster, sorry to have to say, Sir.

IMHO, first thing first, create a 'communication department' inside your PM's cabinet, manned with 'top', 'people of the trade', civilians(!), under your direct authority.

Second: issue strict orders for all, any, General, Colonel, Ministry Official, etc. to stick a (big) sock in its mouth! No more 'minutes of glory' in front of the media, out, finished! EVERYTHING has to run through your communication team, first, to be checked, edited, approved, simple as that!

Then, instead of making things worse every time one of the men, or yourself, sorry to say, opens his mouth, you will be able, Sir, to be in control of your 'troops', and your Government will be able to be pro-active in its communication, about what 'the people' expect from you all: achievements, changes and reforms, instead of having to be permanently reactive, correcting, adapting, contradicting, denying, ...menacing.

What you are, all, doing now, and I sincerely hope it's not to late to change course, is being litteraly sucked-up in the huge meat grinder of mass communication, and that mad machine, Sir, you cannot, will not, don't have the power to (NOBODY has), control, don't make yourself any illusion about it.

Still IMHO, Sir, my conclusion is: control all the information you might have, decide of what and when you bring it out, keeping in mind that when it's out, it's not yours anymore, it's out of your control, forever!

Are you alright Bangrak? Get some sleep, tmr is another day. Think positive! ;)

This junta leader, his cronies and the blatantly obvious erosion of the appeal of this country to foreigners both here and abroad are a perfect milieu for neighbouring ASEAN countries to take advantage of.

If I was involved in their tourism marketing schemes I know what I would fuel my marketing on. Compare and contrast doesn't have to look like a hammer but if done properly can sure leave one with a distinct image of " a better deal" is possible elsewhere.

On the other hand, the junta leader and his minions seems to be doing everything they can to undermine Thai marketing efforts.

Do you really think that tourists care a fig about the political situation? Business people care about profit for which there has to be stability. A basic stability has been achieved,at least compared to what was going on before the coup. Nobody cares about the lack of basic democratic freedoms except those who are on the anvil of repression but nothing lasts forever.

One could say of the general that he believes in what he is doing. Expecting the military to usher in a period of democracy is rather like expecting a dog to walk on its hind legs, it isn't done well but one is surprised to see it being done at all.

The UK Telegraph newspaper often carries puff pieces on Thailand - articles sponsored by TAT, listing the ten best beaches, the ten best restaurants, and so on. In the latest on just before Christmas, the readers comments section at the end of the article was full of comments saying why people shouldn't visit Thailand, due to factors such as corruption, scams, double pricing and the usual.

Then just today the Telegraph carried a piece in their Travel Section: Is Thailand Safe to Visit?

So I think yes, the message is slowly getting through to ordinary tourists that all is not well in the Land of fading Smiles. It will change people's perceptions of the country, and while there are Thaiphiles who will visit Thailand, come what may, the family tourist looking for a bit of sun and a bit of fun will think twice before booking as holiday safety in foreign destinations is a pretty hot topic these days.

I wonder if the self-appointed "PM" has yet realized that the patience of the Thai people for a self-appointed supreme ruler has limits, too.

Fr!ckin moron... coffee1.gif

Hmmm...quite naive are you, as it seems. Thais dont care about democracy that much. Food, sanuk, facebook, selfies and money a.o. is what they care about. Thanks to the educationsystem and hierarchical structure of thai society he will get away with it for much longer.

This is a society ruled by FEAR. The thais know and accept it.

Indifference is the last virtue of a dying society.

I can agree with this comment to a certain degree but think that regardless of nationality and culture people do have their "breaking points" "bottom line" etc;

Fear being instilled into the nation and TV posters = YES

Accept it = tolerate it to a point

Indifference - NOT when you cannot feed nor water your family

"getting away with it for much longer"? - not if the return on investments continue to decline for the BKK crowd and junta cronies and definitely not when the current threadbare fabric of deceit and illusion are called to task by the general populace

all juntas have had to face the revolt of the masses - this one is close to facing it's own revolt

Edited by WaiLai

He's a grumpy little Santa isn't he? Must be the time of year that upsets him, all that happiness going on and it's nothing to do with him. Same time, same target, he threw his toys out of the pram again last year;

Khaosod English

26 December 2014

On 25 December Gen. Prayuth said he has been enduring a daily barrage of criticism from certain newspapers, which he did not name, and warned that he had the power to shut them down.

"I have endured it for a long time now. They criticise me on every issue, every page of the newspapers. What the hell is wrong with them? Are they crazy?" the NCPO leader fumed. "I get angry [every time] I read these newspapers. They made me lose my manner and have ruined my leader image."

He continued, "But this time, I will shut them down for real. I cannot allow them to continue their disrespect. Otherwise, what's the point of me being [Prime Minister]? What's the point of having martial law?"

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1419589423

So there you have it, from the horses mouth, what's the point of having martial law if you don't use it to crush all dissent?

What a sad excuse for a leader. Actually he is spot-on if he is referring to his prowess within the military junta but as a leader of a nation he has the skills of a grammar school boy and the political skill sets of a bricklayer!

Is it the Thai to English translation that makes him sound so dim witted, egocentric and self-effacing?

"He said the media should not accuse him of depriving them of free expressions as he had already made clear to them the limits of free expressions and media’s responsibilities."

Isn't he contradicting himself here? giggle.gif

he is a bricklayer, not an educated, eloquent, worldly leader

he is a junta leader NOT a Prime Minister - stress the prime please

It may well be the Thai to English translations that are undermining his image as being worth a 2nd look

BKK will be his Achilles heel.

* my guess is that he is spending more time and energy on preventing the coup in progress that will replace him

* he truly is "ripe for the pickins"

Edited by WaiLai

PM says his patience has limits with biased columnists

If our dear PM had enough, one solution: Shut down Thailand's internet and communication system, shut Thailand down from the International world,.... the only way?.... but wanna risk an eternal, incurable epidemics of our poor netizen kids?