Savanakhet visa for non o latest requirements are their any new ones?

Tomorrow I'm going to Savanakhet from Korat for a non o based on marriage.I am taking the following docs both original and signed copies:-

house book

ID card

marriage certificate

proof of address (letter from school signed by director with stamp)

birth certificate of our child

Is this enough?

And also I have checked websites for any holidays, does anyone know if will be open Monday, Tuesday ext

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas to all

Thanks for the first 2 replies. Some reason get nervous when I need to renew. Last question do I need to fill out section 5 on application form

Name, Address and telephone of a Guarantor Lao PDR

Name, Address and telephone of a Guarantor Thailand

Edited by miniganger

Im pakistani national and im married to thai girl and i got non immigrant type O multiple entry which will expire on april i reas a lot of peoples saying about laos savannakhet so i wonder is it possible for me to renew my non immigrant type O multiple entry visa ? Im i but nervous bcz im pakistani and i was thinking savannakhet might only allow to renew for us cizitens or canada etc pls advice

Im pakistani national and im married to thai girl and i got non immigrant type O multiple entry which will expire on april i reas a lot of peoples saying about laos savannakhet so i wonder is it possible for me to renew my non immigrant type O multiple entry visa ? Im i but nervous bcz im pakistani and i was thinking savannakhet might only allow to renew for us cizitens or canada etc pls advice

I believe your concern is well founded. My recollection is that nationals of Pakistan cannot apply for visas in countries neighboring Thailand. The application must be made in Pakistan. If you can meet the requirements, it might be better to apply for an extension of your existing permission to stay at an immigration office inside Thailand.

You will not be able to apply for another visa at any nearby location. Pakistan is on the list of countries whose citizens must apply for a visa in their home country.

If you do an entry just on or before the enter before date on your visa you will get anther 90 day entry. You could then get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at an immigration office if you can show 400k baht in Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa or the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You will not be able to apply for another visa at any nearby location. Pakistan is on the list of countries whose citizens must apply for a visa in their home country.

If you do an entry just on or before the enter before date on your visa you will get anther 90 day entry. You could then get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at an immigration office if you can show 400k baht in Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa or the 60 day extension.

Ubonjoe, I received a non imm O multi some 15 months ago at Savannakhet. Can I apply for the same type of visa at savannakhet again when this one expires?

Ubonjoe, I received a non imm O multi some 15 months ago at Savannakhet. Can I apply for the same type of visa at savannakhet again when this one expires?

If you do not carry a passport from one of the listed countries whose citizens have to apply for visas in their own country then you would be able to apply for anther visa.