Non-O ME Marriage in Savannakhet. Required Docs Oct 2015.

So what docs are required in Sav to get a Multi-Entry Non-O based on marriage to a Thai national, nowadays?

Required:

Marriage cert.

Copy of Marriage Cert. Signed by both.

Copy of Thai's ID card. Signed by both.

Copy of Tabien Bahn. Front page and her page. Signed by both.

Copy of front passport page. Signed by both.

2 passport photos.

5,000 baht.

No harm in having:

Kor Ror 2, if married for more than a year. (It's an official document from your local Amphur office stating that you are still married).

Bank Book and copy of Bank Book showing funds. Signed by both.

Kids's birth cert and copy of, signed by both.

Letter in English and Thai from the Thai requesting that the alien be given a 12 month ME visa for the purpose of visiting them.

Sounds correct? Miss anything?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I plan to go to Savannakhet to apply for a Non O next week. Are any proof of funds required i.e. bank book or statements?

A friend of mine applied there last Wednesday for a non 'O' based on marriage. No proof of funds needed and he was granted a 1 year multiple entry. thumbsup.gif

I received my 1 year Non O multiple entry from Savannakhet today and the only extra thing they asked was to see the original marriage certificate. I applied on Tuesday morning and received this afternoon.

I was 2nd to apply on the Tuesday morning so was in and out in less than 5 minutes and was in and out in less than 3 minutes to collect my passport the following afternoon.

i have i question,

when i will apply for Marriage visa in Savannakhet

i must have Kor Ror 2 (It's an official document from your local Amphur office stating that you are still married).

becuase i married about few days aggo and nextweek i want go and make one 1 marriage VISA,
and i dont have any proof of funds

this is still easy and possible to get one year Marriage VISA?

i have i question,

when i will apply for Marriage visa in Savannakhet

i must have Kor Ror 2 (It's an official document from your local Amphur office stating that you are still married).

becuase i married about few days aggo and nextweek i want go and make one 1 marriage VISA,

and i dont have any proof of funds

this is still easy and possible to get one year Marriage VISA?

The Kor Ror 2 is not required unless you don't have the original marriage certificate from the Amphoe to show.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card,

They do not ask for financial proof.

It is still easy to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage (it is not a marriage visa) if you have the required documents.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for fast answer,

and this visa i will get for 1 year ? yes?

becuase some visa (like NON-ED - studen VISA) must extend every 2-3 month

i read more information about that vis and this is correct,

Single-Entry Non-O - 2000 thb (will get 3 month visa) and every 90 days i must live thailand

Multi-Entry Non-O - 5000 thb ( will get 1-year VISA)

Please correct me and tell me how it is work exactly

waiting for answer

greeting

Edited by kama17888
  • Like 1

thanks for fast answer,

Single-Entry Non-O - 2000 thb (will get 3 month visa) and every 90 days i must live thailand

waiting for answer

greeting

Single entry gives one Single stay of 90 days then you must leave ( or apply for an extension of stay before the 90 days expires)

Multiple entry provides multiple 90 day entries for one year and you must leave Thailand every 90 days, enter another country , then return to be given another 90 day stay.

Edited by expatbrit

thanks for fast answer,

waiting for answer

greeting

Single entry gives one Single stay of 90 days then you must leave ( or apply for an extension of stay before the 90 days expires)

Multiple entry provides multiple 90 day entries for one year and you must leave Thailand every 90 days, enter another country , then return to be given another 90 day stay.

so if i will get Single-Entry Non-O - before 90 days can i apply for 1 yoear extension vis in bangkok ?

and if i will choose Multi-Entry Non-O - every 90 days i must leave counry,

so can i go after 90 days to camobodia - acros the board - and come back same day - and i will get extension 90 days?

and every time i must go to different country ? or can i go to cambodia every 90 days?

waiting for answer

greeting

thanks for fast answer,

waiting for answer

greeting

so if i will get Single-Entry Non-O - before 90 days can i apply for 1 yoear extension vis in bangkok ?

and if i will choose Multi-Entry Non-O - every 90 days i must leave counry,

so can i go after 90 days to camobodia - acros the board - and come back same day - and i will get extension 90 days?

and every time i must go to different country ? or can i go to cambodia every 90 days?

waiting for answer

greeting

A one year extension can be applied for if you can meet the financial requirements, 400,000 Bht in a Thai Bank or an income certified by your embassy of 40,000/month

If you have a multi entry visa you must leave the country every 90 days . You will not receive an "extension" when returning you will receive a NEW 90 day permission to stay. You can leave and return on the same day.

You may use use a Cambodian border every time if you wish.

Edited by expatbrit

what are the requirements for Thais crossing, passport or local permit and are there any Laos visa charges,

For Thais's entering Laos with a passport they get a 30 day visa exempt entry (free). If they don't have a passport they need to get a border pass that allows 3 days of stay.

There have been no changes for getting a Lao visa on arrival.

• Like 1

I just got back from there. I got the 1 year multiple entry visa. They DID ask to see the original marriage certificate for a minute for a quick glance. Also the processing times was 2 days not 1.

The visa is issued the next day isn't it?

I just got back from there. I got the 1 year multiple entry visa. They DID ask to see the original marriage certificate for a minute for a quick glance. Also the processing times was 2 days not 1.

You pickup your passport the next afternoon after the day you apply.

Thanks Joe.

Also, to those who were speculating whether the Nok Air flight arrives early enough to get to the consulate in time, you could buy a flexi fare on the return flight where you would be able to change the date for free if you didn't manage to submit the application on time. Alternatively, you could wait till you get back to Mukkdahan before booking the return flight.

I certainly wouldn't want to spend anymore time in Savannakhet than needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there first time - without any problem -and i was shoked becuase they gave me visa with passport same day :)

i came morning about 8-9 am - and get the passpor (same day) about 4 pm, so i was shoked and every one there too

but i dont know it was one time only or now it is there all the time like this :)

I was there first time - without any problem -and i was shoked becuase they gave me visa with passport same day smile.png

i came morning about 8-9 am - and get the passpor (same day) about 4 pm, so i was shoked and every one there too

but i dont know it was one time only or now it is there all the time like this smile.png

Which Embassy/Consulate are you talking about?

There is ,currently, nowhere in SE Asia that offers a same day visa service.

I was there first time - without any problem -and i was shoked becuase they gave me visa with passport same day smile.png

but i dont know it was one time only or now it is there all the time like this smile.png

When I went this April it was a 2 day process. I have not heard of that changing and I am sure Ubonjoe would be the first to let everyone know if this was now the norm. Maybe when you went it fell on a certain day before a holiday or there were few applications but a 1 day process would be great if it was re-instated.

Edited by Eddy B
  • Like 1

That must of been before February 1st of this year when they went back to next afternoon service.

Savannakhet

Then you have been posting out dated information !

Savannakhet does not now offer a same day visa service .......................

Savannakhet

I went there in december 2015 !

Savannakhet

I went there in december 2015 !

That was a once only occurrence because you applied the day before a long holiday so that you did not have to wait 4 days to pickup your passport.

• Like 1