Cover Versions

hellyes2oo2

I have never been a fan of anyone doing cover versions of classic songs. They usually are always crap. i.e American Pie- Madonna, or Without You,- Mariah Carey.

But I came across something today, that I thought was absolutely Freaking awesome. Maybe other people won't, but it is all down to individual tastes.

But here lies the problem, I am not computer savvie, so I don't know how to upload to here. So if anyone is feeling kind, please go to you tube and search for " Sound of Silence" by 'David Draiman".

If anyone would be kind enough to upload it, I am sure you won't be disappointed cheers.

Stoneyboy wow did you not get any pressies for Christmas this year. I have never seen anywhere that a topic had to be related specifically to pattaya. A open forum is for people to express their views isn't it. And if it's got nothing to do with either pattaya or Thailand why did you bother commenting DELETED

Stoneyboy wow did you not get any pressies for Christmas this year. I have never seen anywhere that a topic had to be related specifically to pattaya. A open forum is for people to express their views isn't it. And if it's got nothing to do with either pattaya or Thailand why did you bother commenting.

No I'm just stating fact.

If topics aren't Thailand related they are usually placed in the sub forums.

I wouldn't talk about football in the General Forum would I,or ask about a visa in the photography forum.

As for your personal attack regarding my living in a condo you couldn't be further from the truth.

My front garden is big enough to build a high rise condo block on it.

Merry Xmas.

It's easy to produce cover version of an acoustic song, ie Everybody's Talking about Me by Fred Neil and made into a big hit by Harry Nilsson, but it's not so easy to provide a reasonable cover version of electric rock, say a Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, Rory Gallagher or Neil Young number- in those cases covers are usually unable to escape the brilliance of the original imo

Fred Neil, what a voice he had...

!

This one was covered by Tim Hardin

Archived