Go_kart

hong

Has anybody try the Go-Kart in CM? Have much does it cost to play? Is it a good try on the track?

I assume you are referring to the Go Kart track on the Hang Dong Road. The track is quite short, 400 metres I think.

There are various levels of Karts available for hire, they range from slowish 2 seater 4-stroke models up to full blown 2-stroke competition karts capable of 120 kph. The price varies from approx 400 baht for the slow karts for 10 minutes up to 1500 baht for the competition karts for a 10 minute spin. 10 minutes doesn't sound like a long time but unless you are quite fit you will be exhausted after this time.

The best idea is to go with a group of friends so as you can have a friendly tussle with each other...It's great fun.

I assume you are referring to the Go Kart track on the Hang Dong Road. The track is quite short, 400 metres I think.

Alas the only one left now since Sangkampaeng closed, and is and internationally sactioned track having a minimum length of 0.6 Kms. This one in particular is 0.64 Kms in length. In years gone by they have hosted both international and national events, which have been very successful.

Unfortunately prices have increased over the years, and you will pay 1000 baht now for quite a nippy two stroke. Four strokes are available at half that price, but are considerably slower.

Rotax engined competition karts are priced at 1500 baht, if you really need to see exactly how fast a kart can go! You can expect lap times of 28 seconds or better, when you are proficient..MM

Alas the only one left now since Sangkampaeng closed, and is and internationally sactioned track having a minimum length of 0.6 Kms. This one in particular is 0.64 Kms in length. In years gone by they have hosted both international and national events, which have been very successful.

Unfortunately prices have increased over the years, and you will pay 1000 baht now for quite a nippy two stroke. Four strokes are available at half that price, but are considerably slower.

Rotax engined competition karts are priced at 1500 baht, if you really need to see exactly how fast a kart can go! You can expect lap times of 28 seconds or better, when you are proficient..MM

What was your best time when you had your own kart MM? Let's have a go next weekend (Saturday), I am sure we could get a few interested, David Lek is always up for it as are a few more of my biker friends.

What was your best time when you had your own kart MM? Let's have a go next weekend (Saturday), I am sure we could get a few interested, David Lek is always up for it as are a few more of my biker friends.

I've been meaning to organise a TV day at the track, and many have shown interest. but with one thing and another it hasn't come together. I was going to wait till the end of the rains to be assured of better weather, but we could certainly have an afternoon down there on saturday as a "warn up" :D Weather permitting :D

My best lap in my kart was 25.5 secs but I did better that in a kart I was using in one of the competitions, but you Gotta be fit!!! I'll go into training today :o

Call me when you get in....

I've been meaning to organise a TV day at the track, and many have shown interest. but with one thing and another it hasn't come together. I was going to wait till the end of the rains to be assured of better weather, but we could certainly have an afternoon down there on saturday as a "warn up" :D Weather permitting :D

My best lap in my kart was 25.5 secs but I did better that in a kart I was using in one of the competitions, but you Gotta be fit!!! I'll go into training today :o

Who has got the place now. The place on the road to Hang Dong used to be good before the two tulips took it over. After their arrival it went downhill in a real big way.

I gave it away shortly after their arrival and have never been back.

Couldn't get down to 25.5 either :D

Who has got the place now. The place on the road to Hang Dong used to be good before the two tulips took it over. After their arrival it went downhill in a real big way.

Sounds like The Challenge Is On!!. Next Saturday the 21st at 2.00 pm. Anyone who reckons they are good enough should turn up.

And a word of warning to all......Blinky Bill is now 17 kgs lighter, down to a trim 100 kgs and fighting fit!! The trophy will be mine!! :D

Sounds like The Challenge Is On!!. Next Saturday the 21st at 2.00 pm. Anyone who reckons they are good enough should turn up.

And a word of warning to all......Blinky Bill is now 17 kgs lighter, down to a trim 100 kgs and fighting fit!! The trophy will be mine!! :D

jaga jaga sikit Blinky, nanti tayar puncit!. :D

You're on.....Looser pays :D Already had a haircut this afternoon to lighten things up :o

You're on.....Looser pays :D Already had a haircut this afternoon to lighten things up :o

C'mon, Maejo, which hair did you have cut? There isn't too many of 'em.

Just spoke with David Lek, he's on. Rasseru tells me he used to race motorbikes. Has he got the balls to compete in the Great Chiang Mai Go-Kart Challenge? Any other takers?

Edited by Blinky Bill

Just spoke with David Lek, he's on. Rasseru tells me he used to race motorbikes. Has he got the balls to compete in the Great Chiang Mai Go-Kart Challenge? Any other takers?

John B Good might come down if he's in town, but just to laugh at us! I'll ask him....

Rasseru tells me he used to race motorbikes. Has he got the balls to compete in the Great Chiang Mai Go-Kart Challenge?

Got back today from a wonderful diving trip to the Maldives to find this delightful thread -- not to mention Blinky Bill's irresistable macho-man challenge! Would love to do this kart day, though no idea how two-wheeled experience will translate into four . . . Will check schedule before commiting or opting out. What would I need to bring other than a helmet?

Rasseru tells me he used to race motorbikes. Has he got the balls to compete in the Great Chiang Mai Go-Kart Challenge?

Got back today from a wonderful diving trip to the Maldives to find this delightful thread -- not to mention Blinky Bill's irresistable macho-man challenge! Would love to do this kart day, though no idea how two-wheeled experience will translate into four . . . Will check schedule before commiting or opting out. What would I need to bring other than a helmet?

Those Thai motorcycle gloves, with the fingers cut off, (40 baht at the market) the steering wheels are hard to grasp at speed. Also your oldest T shirt, as oil can flick off the kart driving chain, and give you a nasty oily stripe down your back :o

How much time you all going to spend on the track?

Till I thrash Blinky ot the scotch runs out :o Whichever happens sooner! Probably till late afternoon Hong, but I'll be down there at mid day to get a sneaky practice in :D

How much are you all going to spend on the Go-Kart...because 400bath for 10mins

John B Good might come down if he's in town, but just to laugh at us! I'll ask him....

I'll come have a look. I'm getting a bit too old for this sh_it now though (I think so anyway) :o

Edited by john b good

How much time you all going to spend on the track?

Till I thrash Blinky ot the scotch runs out :o Whichever happens sooner! Probably till late afternoon Hong, but I'll be down there at mid day to get a sneaky practice in :D

How much are you all going to spend on the Go-Kart...because 400bath for 10mins

If you're gonna have 3 - 5 cracks at it, it would seem that you better set aside around Baht 2,000 plus what you are gonna drink " no fun if you are sober" (nobody ever said that karting was cheap, or was meant to be)

Anybody have any idea what the difference in lap times is between the two-stroke and four-stroke karts? Are track record times kept separately for each type? Thinking of going the four-stroke route, at least initially, both to get more track time for the dosh and to get familiar with karts and the track.

Anybody have any idea what the difference in lap times is between the two-stroke and four-stroke karts? Are track record times kept separately for each type? Thinking of going the four-stroke route, at least initially, both to get more track time for the dosh and to get familiar with karts and the track.

The four strokes are fun, although slower than the two strokes. The also have a cetrifugal clutch, so if you spin out, you don't stall the motor, just plant your foot and off you go again.

The two strokes are direct drive, so if you spin, you stall the engine, and will need a push start to get going again. No real idea of the difference in lap times, sorry.... MM

I'll be there -- perhaps not with the right gloves, but I'll be there.

That's one starter, along with JBG, Blinky and myself makes four. Any more budding racers just roll up on saturday after midday, as I'll be there early getting in some serious practice, and lowering the level of the scotch! :o

That's one starter, along with JBG, Blinky and myself makes four. Any more budding racers just roll up on saturday after midday, as I'll be there early getting in some serious practice, and lowering the level of the scotch! :o

How do we recognise each other...Farrari or BMW racing suite?

How do we recognise each other...Farrari or BMW racing suite?

Print off a Thai Visa logo and attatch it to your forehead with a pritstick :D