Market Stall wars at Pattaya Port Countdown Event

webfact

Market Stall wars at Pattaya Port Countdown Event

steal-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A market vendor, who was promised a prime pitch at a temporary market which has been constructed at the Bali Hai Port for the Pattaya New Year Countdown Event, was moved without notice leading her to report the issue to Police.

Khun Jenjira aged 23 had booked a market stall at the Port, close to an area where speed boat bookings are taken. She considered the plot to be a prime position within the food section of the market and paid a 6,000 Baht deposit to an unnamed man, who is organizing the vendors and collecting their rent money. The total cost for the 3-day event was 12,000 Baht.

When Khun Jenjira arrived at the Port on Saturday to claim her position, she found that she had been moved to the center of the clothing section which ruined her plans to sell Barbeque sticks which generates smoke and smells which would clearly not have been tolerated by the clothing vendors.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220153/market-stall-wars-at-pattaya-port-countdown-event/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-28

"...She asked the organizer for a refund which was refused and she was told to re-sell her plot instead..."

So incredibly typical in this country. Money and greed #1. I hope she at least gets her money back.

Yes, the sad thing is that I believe her.

"...and paid a 6,000 Baht deposit to an unnamed man..."

There you go! The source of her problem. And the cause of the problem? 'and paid'

So basically, she chose to be a sucker, found out she became a sucker, and cried for help from God Almighty.

"...She asked the organizer for a refund which was refused and she was told to re-sell her plot instead..."

So incredibly typical in this country. Money and greed #1. I hope she at least gets her money back.

You are right, but why do you say "so incredibly typical in this country", there are many countries where capitalism is rife.

"I hope she at least gets her money back". Yes, so do I.

She considered the plot to be a prime position within the food section of the market and paid a 6,000 Baht deposit to an unnamed man, who is organizing the vendors and collecting their rent money. The total cost for the 3-day event was 12,000 Baht.

'Thainess'/Pattaya in Action, I can imagine he was probably 'wearing a nice suit and had a nice manner' as he took her money....

I once had an ex GF who would swear blind that no Thai would ever rip off another Thai, until I took her to Pattaya and she began to hear all manner of similar tales to this, still didn't prevent her almost getting scammed.

In fact it was all I could do to stop her and some of her pals making a 3000B deposit on a 'cheap' motorbike to some scumball in a suit who promptly vanished into the ether when a gaggle of local lasses descended on the apartments on the day these 'bikes' were supposed to be arriving.

She was shocked as we sat there watching the gaggle of lasses realise their 'bargain' was 'Scotch Mist', her with a look of dawning horror in her face as it dawned she'd had a near miss and her idiot BF was right,

I with a pint of ice cold ale, smoking casually on a gasper and, my friends, I admit, a hugely smug look on my face.

You are right, but why do you say "so incredibly typical in this country", there are many countries where capitalism is rife.

post-208463-0-48699000-1451299548_thumb.

What does capitalism have to do with this? Isn't it more like communism? Or fascism, collectivism?

Hey, it's just another bloody scam story.

attachicon.gifblank_stare.jpg

What does capitalism have to do with this? Isn't it more like communism? Or fascism, collectivism?

Hey, it's just another bloody scam story.Capitalism and greed both go together, and yes, it could be another scam story.

Hey, it's just another bloody scam story.Capitalism and greed both go together, and yes, it could be another scam story.

I'm afraid we are about to go a little bit off topic but this case is just a scam. A post-208463-0-03417300-1451273970_thumb., post-208463-0-03417300-1451273970_thumb. scam!

Capitalism and greed both go together: I absolutely agree. Greed is an important, healthy part of capitalism.

Example: If you see the identical product / service offered in different shops but for different prices, you go with the lowest price (Usually, I guess, if there are no aspects other than the price). Your own greed keeps the sellers' greed at bay -> Capitalism, including everybody's greed, at work. You get the agreed product / service for the agreed price. Both sides of the trade are happy: You as a capitalist and the lowest-price seller as a capitalist.

In the OP's case, one party didn't honour their business agreement / contract -> It's a scam - Not COULD, it IS a scam (Provided the story is true, of course). Or what else could it be then, in your opinion? I mean, besides your own definition of "capitalism", as it seems.