Uttaradit mayor apologizes over lewd New Year dance show

webfact

I am more outraged by a New Years party 5 days before New Year - have the party, that's fine - just call it something else. Next year I will be celebrating Songkran in February, Wisaka Bucha on my birthday in May and Loy Krathong in December because that suits my schedule better.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more outraged by a New Years party 5 days before New Year - have the party, that's fine - just call it something else. Next year I will be celebrating Songkran in February, Wisaka Bucha on my birthday in May and Loy Krathong in December because that suits my schedule better.

In clicking the "Like" I would make it clear that I in no way endorse or agree or disagree with your post.

In this case, the "Like" represents my liking the fact that you are fit and well and that your internet service and equipment are all OK and that it was possible for you to make a post.

Happy New Year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/882017-a-facebook-like-constitutes-an-act-of-conspiracy/?utm_source=newsletter-20151228-0726&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

"Controversy started after a group of scantily-clad female dancers climbed onto the pick-up trucks and started dancing in a sexually-suggestive way. Some of the dancers and onlookers were also seen drinking alcohol." shame, shame, shame... Thais would never do such things... Too bad that Burmese are not allowed to be mayors in Thailand, as otherwise some Uttaradit-bound Burmese without legal documents could have taken the blame for this "atrocity" while some rich Thai/Chinese businessmen keep on deflowering some eleven year olds in Mama San's backyard... Thai hypocrisy at its very finest... thumbsup.gif

Edited by MockingJay

OMG! They were dancing sexy in shorts. To what levels will things be reduced to there. For crying out loud. It was a new years party. Not some fundraiser or upper echelon business party.

I have seen African tribal dances sexier than what these girls do.

I do not believe the African dance bit.

I'm not prude at all and visit gogo bars, but i have faced a few times this kind of dancing on sound trucks when passing an event, and for some reason I get the feeling that I'm watching animals.

We humans are all animals. It seems that many humans forget that fact, or did not pay attention when life and evolution was being taught in science or biology class.

There is nothing wrong with being an animal, nor is there anything wrong with watching other animals and enjoying the feelings derived from such an act; it's just nature.

Edited by hyperdimension

How many people actually complained? Authorities should not have to act just because there were a few complaints. Decisions should be made based on majority preference, as that is a democratic principle. I'd imagine that the majority of people who were there were in favor of having the dancers dress and dance the way that they did. Those that did not want to see the dancers were completely free not to watch and could simply go home or do something else. They however have no right to deny others their right to watch the dancers who were performing of their own free will.

Some Thais need to be taught democratic rights and principles.

Misleading title. Should have read "Oh, crap, social media again! General, help us, we cannot have this unofficial photography anymore. It took an hour to figure out how to save face. What if we were out of town? Please, stop this immediately."

What exactly is wrong with dressing and moving one's body in a way that attracts attention of others? Nobody or no animal is being harmed. Is it that less attractive females become jealous of the enormous amount of attention that more attractive females get? That is the only logical answer that I can think of. If the dancers dressed and moved in ways that did not attract any attention, then there would have been no complaints at all.

Thailand would be a great place to study the enormous and diverse topic of sexuality, as there are so many potential case studies around.